Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Eye Candy continues

Default Re: Eye Candy continues

I left the flame off on purpose.

1) Why would you light a candle when you are NOT underground?

2) You can't animate the flame or give it proper dynamic lighting. It would just look odd.

What I do plan on trying later on is to tell the game that the candle position is the place where the torch is held for night battles. From what I recall, the co-ords in the modeldb at the end are this.

On the candle size ... just how big should a candle be? I prefer them that size
    Careless Orc Costs Lives!

is not a senior Member Meneldil's Avatar

Default Re : Eye Candy continues

Nice, as usual

Warhammer: Total War Team Member Krazysigmarite's Avatar

outdated shots removed
    Last edited by Krazysigmarite; 12-05-2007 at 19:31.

they look to colour full, more armour would make them better especially does halberd and swordsmen...

Squished screenshots is something I have to cope with as well. I have the monitor set to 1440x900, but the screenshots always come out 1024x768 ...

I re-size them in photoshop before I crop and upload them. It's a pain....

The pics are all awesome. From Miners to Swordsmen. I can't wait to play this game!

Naked Game Fanatic Member Murfios's Avatar

Thats awesome~!!

I am so glad to see some new stuff, everything looks great.

My only advice would be to make the candle a bit larger on the helmet of the dwarf but otherwise, it all looks amazing. I can not wait to crush those empire soldiers beneath the feet of my saurus warriors.

Updated my post with better screenshots. Check em out :)

As for the armour thing: I want to stay as true to the miniatures as possible. Though some renditions of warhammer present the Empire infantry covered with heavy shoulder pads, big iron legguards, etc... this just isn't the case for the most part. In the game, Empire infantry only wear light armor, which is represented by a helmet and the occasional breastplate. The rest of their uniform is frills and colour! Here are a few examples.

If Bwain lets me, I'm hoping to add some special 'region-specific' regiments which may be equipped with more armour. For example, the Ostermark Halberdiers which many keep referencing from the Mark of Chaos video (though even then they are still ridiculously heavily armoured!)

Last edited by Krazysigmarite; 07-06-2007 at 18:37.

Annoying Warhammer know-it-all Member DrZoidberg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bwian

On the candle size ... just how big should a candle be? I prefer them that size
    That size might be the logical size, but from just judging the screeny it becomes hard to pick out. I think the candle size should be exaggerated. I think it'll look more fun/better on the battle field.

edit: just thought I'd add that as usual they're gorgeous.
    Sorry you must have been boring. -Dr Zoidberg

Looks like some nice work Krazysigmarite! Would it be possible to have the screenies made in "day light"?

For the armours, I agree with you, basic troops just ain't amored tanks. But would it be possible to have some sort of visual changes along with the the armour updates made thanks to specific buildings (blacksmiths, swordsmiths or wathever will be implemented in the game)?

The empire troops looks nice, but I reeeeally think you should tone the colors down a bit, make it a bit more realistic. Now it looks more like plastic than cloth, because of the shiny colors.

Other than that, they are very nice.

I agree with McIwoo, you should try and get some pictures with better lighting.

For example, the Ostermark Halberdiers which many keep referencing from the Mark of Chaos video (though even then they are still ridiculously heavily armoured!)
    Not really, at least the normal Halberdiers there aren´t, it´s typical late medieval infantry plate armour, down to the sallet helmets. They´d work well enough as fully upgraded troops, no sweat.

Slayers ..... Ginger Nuts

Looking good, colours are way too bright on the imperials though.

Good job!! I agree, tone down the empire troops(if possible add some dirt if they dont get any from the vanilla) and where are the tattoos and extreme piercings for slayers Bwian?
    Great job. Loving it

Plan to add some more tattoos .. but piercings require extra polygons to look good. Painting them on the skin looks rubbish.... I tried it! Will have to live without those. I have focused on the hair to make them distinctive.

I love the look of those dwarves!

As for the Imperial uniforms. I'll pick a slightly less saturated red/blue colour, but not too much. The simple truth of the matter is that imperial soldiers wear flamboyant and bright uniforms!

There is however a shading problem at the moment which will be fixed once the modellers attack them. It causes an odd split in the shading which causes parts of the model to simply be shaded incorrectly ingame. You can notice this if you look closely at the arms compared to the bodies. On the texture, it is an identical hue of red. In game, not so.

Anyway, I'll post some screenshots up a bit later.

The slayers are looking really good too. I love the hair on them, a perfect representation of Warhammer slayers.

Annoying Warhammer know-it-all Member DrZoidberg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Krazysigmarite
    I love the look of those dwarves!

As for the Imperial uniforms. I'll pick a slightly less saturated red/blue colour, but not too much. The simple truth of the matter is that imperial soldiers wear flamboyant and bright uniforms!

There is however a shading problem at the moment which will be fixed once the modellers attack them. It causes an odd split in the shading which causes parts of the model to simply be shaded incorrectly ingame. You can notice this if you look closely at the arms compared to the bodies. On the texture, it is an identical hue of red. In game, not so.

Anyway, I'll post some screenshots up a bit later.
    I like them bright. One they hit battle and some of them get wounded, they won't look so bright anyway, which I think will look smashing if we keep them the way they are.
    Sorry you must have been boring. -Dr Zoidberg

The slayers are AWESOME.

Bringer of the End Times Member alexader's Avatar

I believe the Imperial troops are very good,but i suggest to put a little more blue in the uniform.as for the armor i think that will be upgrades,right?but they are still good(think about that i have said in the recent past about making a little big and wide the musket for the handgunners,if it is possible)nice jod still,keep walking
    "VAE VICTUS"

This is impressive! Great job!!!

simply amazing.

Extremely impressive, espeically the empire soldiers. You've captured the models particularly well.

My one point would be to make the crossbows state troops rather than militia, as they are in the new empire book :D

Plus you can't have too many puffy sleeved brightly colored humans running about!

This weekends new additons:

Dwarf warriors have not got their final shield designs yet...but I will do that when I decid how i wanyt them to look!

Also did some skeleton javelin throwers and some skeleton halberdiers ... but I haven't got any pics of those yet

Default Sv: Eye Candy continues

There are some damn good models here i see
    But how long time did it take for u to make dose ork units
    /Zibbit
    Warhammer Total War - Modder

As good as they always are. I really like the Dwarves and their armor.

Zibbit ...the base Dwarves probably took 4-5 hours of actualy modelling time to get into the right shape...then probably the same again to re-build them and get the faces/beards/detail right.

Once you have the basic unit done, the rest are easy. You are simply making variations of the texture and the details of the model to swap about. This is a fairly quick process, and the whole Dwarf Warrior unit was done in an afternoon. Mesh, texture, rig and convert.

The hard bit is getting the basic unit right so the rest can be done with ease.

i like the skeletons they look awesome btw so do the dwarves.

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast