Thread: Dispose of excess priests

Default Dispose of excess priests

Load them on a cog and send them to meet your nearest foes.

Now you can build more priests, which boosts your governors piety and profits!

Default Re: Dispose of excess priests

Wouldn't it be better to just scatter them singly or in small groups in pagan\heathen lands, let them turn heretic, and then send your favoured priests in to whack them as cardinal training?

Then you can retrain them and wash-rinse-repeat until you have a good part of the College of Cardinals and people in line for the papacy.

There's nothing like dumping 8-9 of your cardinals in a 100% islamic territory as a prelude to a Crusade, and in one turn it becomes 57% catholic.

Unrest? What unrest? They DEMAND you liberate them!

Quote Originally Posted by Mordon
    Wouldn't it be better to just scatter them singly or in small groups in pagan\heathen lands, let them turn heretic, and then send your favoured priests in to whack them as cardinal training?

Then you can retrain them and wash-rinse-repeat until you have a good part of the College of Cardinals and people in line for the papacy.

There's nothing like dumping 8-9 of your cardinals in a 100% islamic territory as a prelude to a Crusade, and in one turn it becomes 57% catholic.

Unrest? What unrest? They DEMAND you liberate them!
    The downside of the heretic thing, is you lose points towards a Theologians guild, and maybe even rep with the pope

"Don't mind me, i happen the have the Insane trait....." -Me

When pumping piety, dumping lots of priests in a hurry is handy. Send them off to the hinterlands and wait? No way. Feed the fishes. Sole food!

Member Member Hermann the Lombard's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vlad_Impaler
    Load them on a cog and send them to meet your nearest foes.
    I've been thinking about doing that with diplomats who seem to be in a persistent vegetative state (i.e. I wouldn't consider even letting them talk to plants). The minor detail is that the cog costs more than the diplomat and I don't think there's an upside like pumping piety or trying to get a guild.
    I have a mind like a steel sieve.