Thread: Another damn CTD

Default Another damn CTD

Hello again, another CTC happen to me and I will give all the informations that I could according to how to ask for help thread.
    I play EB 0.81a, I have only the elephant fix but that fix didn't work, the ctd happen in my Romani campaign at autumnus 267 B-C during the AI was doing its turn. I always activited the script when I reload a game.The crash don't occur when I don't acitivited the script.I have this time only modified the script to have the polybian reforms at any year and to have the marian reforms when I got 15 provinces. When the CTD happen, I have aleready the marian reforms. By the way, what is map.rwm and the permanent fixes. When I looked at the permanent fixes, I don't know which one I will try first.

So help will be gladely accepeted and needed

Sincerly

Theodosus_Maximus_Gallicus

Here is my save game
    http://uploaded.to/?id=u1jusb

Default Re: Another CTD

There's no need for profanity. It makes you sound angry.

You should upgrade to 0.81a V2. Then you don't need to apply any permanent fixes, and it's savegame compatible. Note that it will cancel out the reform changes you've made to the script, so make sure to backup your work first!

However, if that doesn't help, you should try every temporary fix listed here.

The fact that you've got a CTD as early as 267 BC is very suspicious. I believe you've inadvertently screwed up something with your changes. The fact that you don't know about map.rwm is another likely suspect. If you have upgraded from 0.81 to 0.81a without deleting it, it has been known to cause instability. As for what map.rwm is, you should have seen this post referenced by the how to report post.

Having problems getting EB2 to run? Try these solutions.
    ================
    I do NOT answer PM requests for help with EB. Ask in a new help thread in the tech help forum.
    ================
    I think computer viruses should count as life. I think it says something about human nature that the only form of life we have created so far is purely destructive. We've created life in our own image. - Stephen Hawking

Default Re: Another damn CTD

Sorry, but it is frustrating. So I only upgraded EB o.81a to v2 and if that doesn't fix the problem I try all the temporary fixes. Also, I delete map rwm file. Right

Thank you so much for your help bovi and let you now if the two suggestions you gave me fix the problem.

Sincerly

Great, First I deleted the rwm file and download the v2 and everything is ok but during the campaign it seems to be very slowly. Is that normal. By the way the rwm file reappear again should I delete it a second time.

Any anwsers or comments will be appreaciated

Sincerly

You're not the first to say it's slower after installing V2, but I see no such effect on my computer, except a one-time delay on startup as map.rwm is generated. As there is no new functionality since 0.81a I don't know what could cause a further slowdown (EB is slow from the outset due to lots and lots of code).

You don't need to delete map.rwm again. The file is a compilation of a lot of other game files that the game uses often, probably for faster reference. When you change certain stuff in certain files, you need to delete it so the game can become aware that there's new data instead of referencing old stuff that no longer exists, leading to crashes.

Having problems getting EB2 to run? Try these solutions.
    ================
    I do NOT answer PM requests for help with EB. Ask in a new help thread in the tech help forum.
    ================
    I think computer viruses should count as life. I think it says something about human nature that the only form of life we have created so far is purely destructive. We've created life in our own image. - Stephen Hawking

When I play a second time, everything goes perfectly and never mind about the slower gameplay, this time the gameplay is normal. Now I can have fun at restabilish the imperium romanorum.

Thank you very much for your help bovi

Sincerly

Theodosus Maximus Gallicus