Thread: 'Rome Reborn'

Default 'Rome Reborn'

I did post this on the Rome fourm as well, but I thought I would post it here too since I know there just might be some intrest for this over here, and most people are playing M2TW and only visit this fourm. (sorry for the run-on sentence )

Anyway here is is:

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    I just found this on the Minneapolis Star Tribune website. Quite intresting and good work from some people at University of Virginia. Here is a short discription and the link:

Computer experts rolled out a digital reproduction of ancient Rome as it appeared at the peak of its power in A.D. 320 — the largest and most complete simulation of a historic city ever created.

www.romereborn.virginia.edu
    Quote Originally Posted by Sheogorath
    About as logical as a tree full of monkeys on LSD.

I'm a little worse for wear, but I'm wearin' it well.

Member Senior Member Proletariat's Avatar

Default Re: 'Rome Reborn'

Wow, this is pretty darn cool. It's pretty significantly off topic for this forum, so it might get moved to the Monastery where historically themed discussions belong on this board. The lingering 'moved topic' that'll stay on this forum for a few days should prolly generate some of the interest you were hoping for by bringing it here. Cool find, and welcome to the Org, Phog!

Thanks for the greeting. Actually I have had an account before back in the early Shogun days but I let it lapse. Most of the time I just read the fourms and dont post. However I thought this was signifigant enough to post here.

I know its kinda' off topic for here, so I kind of expect it to be moved to be frank. Anyhow I really liked the videos and them talking about a multi-national project to flesh out and expand the base idea. I bookmarked the website simply because I would love to see how it all turns out in the end.
    Hell, it looks good now if you ask me.

- Phog

Where's the town square with all the flags?

lol...you'd think so, huh? I would venture to guess that there might not be very many R:TW players on the design team. If there were then they just might have put the flags in.

- Phog