Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: RNJ Buildings Progress Thread

Default Re: RNJ Buildings Progress Thread

ok, so i did some quick research, and while i wasnt able to find any layouts, a found a decent number of pictures:

鉄砲鍛冶屋敷町

鉄砲鍛冶屋敷町②

and this one here, the pictures better on the site: 国友一貫斎屋敷

one thing i was able to tell, is that theres no courtyard, they were solid structures
    Dulce bellum inexpertis---Desiderius Erasmus

The Trade Street

Well here it is (Lvl 5):
    (more levels are lvl 2,3 and 4 but that will just be this only with things deleted :) )

So this was the last building, now its just fixing for me then I might make the poles of the gate red as a nice touch. Making buildings was fun, now just to edit them and now I'm just as excited as all of you are to see these baby's ingame

Now put that gamma up and enjoy the looks

Autocrat Member Vlad The Impaler's Avatar

hehe, so the buildings are ready
    so the release is close
    Tough Times Don't Last. Tough People Do. Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover. [Mark Twain]

Villiage Idiot Member antisocialmunky's Avatar

*NVM*
    Last edited by antisocialmunky; 02-15-2008 at 06:07.
    Fighting isn't about winning, it's about depriving your enemy of all options except to lose.

"Hi, Billy Mays Here!" 1958-2009

Quote Originally Posted by antisocialmunky
    Ran No Jidai: We finished out buildings before Empires did
    Antisocial, whats your problem? I see you popping out here and there in this mod forum taking shots at the mod team, in which once you were part of also. If you dont have anything meaningful to say, please stay out, its not if this mod team is competing with CA in any way, but i dont think that trolling of yours helps anything either.
    Last edited by Kagemusha; 02-05-2008 at 07:51.
    Ja Mata Tosainu Sama.

Ossie The 1st Member Ossie The Great's Avatar
    Very far away........ ( which usally is the beach )

, i would not mind waiting till ca relased 20 games and ran no jidai still not beign released, as it is such and awsome mod i think it would be worth the wait.

P.S Kage, i am not sure what happend about the lod models but whenever u need me just pm me

Quote Originally Posted by Kagemusha
    Antisocial, whats your problem? I see you popping out here and there in this mod forum taking shots at the mod team, in which once you were part of also. If you dont have anything meaningful to say, please stay out, its not if this mod team is competing with CA in any way, but i dont think that trolling of yours helps anything either.
    Sorry if you took it that way. I'm not trying to be offensive. I was trying to be humorous and interject some life into this forum. It was suppose to be an ironic statement since this mod has been in development for so long. I guess people aren't taking it that way so I'll get rid of it.

I also didn't really consider it trolling since barely anything happens in this forum anyways. Its not like there's anyway to not keep 'poping up' in a forum that averages single digit posts a month. What am I suppose to post in? No academic debates, no feature discussion, no unit discussion, no faction discussion, no real hype.

Its seems you guys have gotten everything you want down and are just putting it together in a detailed and methodical way. Though if I were still on the team, I would push for some content release since the fans have been around for a long time and deserve to have some stuff given to them for waiting so long and patiently. Maybe make a second video to show the progress you've made. But that's your choice.

But all the same, sorry. Once again, I didn't think you would take it that way and didn't even think about offending you.

Hope it comes out soon and keep up the good work. Its just kinda sad and frustrating to see the forum so dead.
    Last edited by antisocialmunky; 02-15-2008 at 06:20.
    Fighting isn't about winning, it's about depriving your enemy of all options except to lose.

I've mostly kept the TWC forum updated, where, truth is that it is much more active back there.... I'll get those posts here then!

Quote Originally Posted by antisocialmunky
    Sorry if you took it that way. I'm not trying to be offensive. I was trying to be humorous and interject some life into this forum. It was suppose to be an ironic statement since this mod has been in development for so long. I guess people aren't taking it that way so I'll get rid of it.

I also didn't really consider it trolling since barely anything happens in this forum anyways. Its not like there's anyway to not keep 'poping up' in a forum that averages single digit posts a month. What am I suppose to post in? No academic debates, no feature discussion, no unit discussion, no faction discussion, no real hype.

Its seems you guys have gotten everything you want down and are just putting it together in a detailed and methodical way. Though if I were still on the team, I would push for some content release since the fans have been around for a long time and deserve to have some stuff given to them for waiting so long and patiently. Maybe make a second video to show the progress you've made. But that's your choice.

But all the same, sorry. Once again, I didn't think you would take it that way and didn't even think about offending you.

Hope it comes out soon and keep up the good work. Its just kinda sad and frustrating to see the forum so dead.
    Ok. Sorry for that outburst munky. Im so tied up in coding that i dont have time for any pr stuff, so we will be ready one day. Our PR guy Seijitai got a new children with his wife, so he hasnt been active in bit either. We will try to make more updates here in Org forum also in the future. I guess we might have oriented on TWC a lot lately compared to this forum. Hopefully this will chance.
    Ja Mata Tosainu Sama.

No its cool. It wasn't the most tactful thing ever. ;)

Little Update for the team and community,

Just send the last building to Kagemusha tha Coder. So it's officialy in his hands

So if we want to ask someone the release date, we should stop asking you? :-D

How many buildings did you get to do?
    Last edited by antisocialmunky; 02-24-2008 at 05:33.

Lol indeed

With building levels included I had the honor of doing 29 buildings for the mod

Shaidar Haran Senior Member SAM Site Champion Myrddraal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Taneda Santôka
    I've mostly kept the TWC forum updated, where, truth is that it is much more active back there.... I'll get those posts here then!

Chicken and egg. Updated forum = discussion.

Really looks great imo, and now I know the you guys post more on a different forum >.<; oh well I guess I'll head that way asap.

Question, will any of the textures change based on the controlling faction? While there is no real need for it, it would be cool to see little laterns or banners representing the owning faction XD

That idea is a nice, useless, touch, and it won't be in for the first release.... Later, maybe, but I highly doubt it.

yup that's what I figured, I didn't mean it as a suggestion so much as out of curiosity XD Believe me I'm not keen on giving you guys extra work haha

Master of Pie! Member thebigbossnahhh's Avatar

How's work on the Stables and the Walls. Haven't seen your Walls yet. Can they be mounted like Rome's walls?
    Also will there be Japanese Houses, pagodas, temples and stuff?

I haven't seen such good buildings since Helm's Deep by Thor the Bassist.
    I wanna live in those buildings of yours lol
    Last edited by thebigbossnahhh; 03-25-2008 at 12:01.

Thnx for the comment

Stables, Practice Range,Walls,Towers,Temple were done already by Prometheus(They were done before my time)

I'm sorry but I don't have those pictures here , on the TWC forums you can find them in the Buildings thread

Mounting of walls and such I can't tell ya, I'm just modelling and texturing them, the coding stuff isn't done by me. But if I remember correctly there is a "Siege" thread here or on the TWC forum where you can find the answer to that question
    Last edited by Wundai; 03-25-2008 at 18:34.

Master of Pie! Member thebigbossnahhh's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Wundai
    Thnx for the comment

Stables, Practice Range,Walls,Towers,Temple were done already by Prometheus(They were done before my time)

I'm sorry but I don't have those pictures here , on the TWC forums you can find them in the Buildings thread

Mounting of walls and such I can't tell ya, I'm just modelling and texturing them, the coding stuff isn't done by me. But if I remember correctly there is a "Siege" thread here or on the TWC forum where you can find the answer to that question
    Fantastic, i'll give it a look.

Great work, sirs. Would editing buildings using your(or a similar) method work in M2TW for adding classical-era buildings?
    "He who controls the present, controls the past. He who controls the past, controls the future."
    George Orwell

I wouldn't have a clue I'm afraid.
    Never worked with MTW2

Hey People,

I know its not much but because of the...well...lack of anything on the mod this period, I have some Ingame Building Shots to show :)

One thing to note, the straw texture on the last building has been fixed, so it looks a lot nicer now ;)

Nice.

Shaidar Haran Senior Member SAM Site Champion Myrddraal's Avatar

The first and second look particularly good. There's some funky texture stretching happening on the third shot.

Haha thnx people, and yes I'm glad we got that fixed

Well these were coded in by Kagemusha, but since he has too little time on his hands, I'll be coding them in now since I have alot more time , know what that means? progress

Heaps Gooder Member aimlesswanderer's Avatar

I just want to burn down or sell those buildings to finance my armies of battle ninjas.....
    "All things are born from darkness, and all things return to darkness". Nausicaa of the Valley of Wind

Quote Originally Posted by aimlesswanderer
    I just want to burn down or sell those buildings to finance my armies of battle ninjas.....
    Then you'll have to stick to STW, we have no battle ninjas in the mod!

** Media Intensive **
    Ok, here are screenshots from the 5 levels of castles within our mod, Ingame:

Aya Castle(lvl1):

Matsue Castle(lvl2):

Kumamoto Castle(lvl3) looks alot like lvl2 but it has an added section:

Matsumoto Castle(lvl4) from here on out the castles sizes exceeded camera view height,
    not sure if I'll let this stay or make them all smaller for that matter, or somehow make camera-view-height heigher :P :

Himeji Castle(lvl5) made by Prometheus, I just fixed some stuff on it and resized it:

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast