Thread: Prince of Persia Classic (xbox live arcade)

Default Prince of Persia Classic (xbox live arcade)

Any of the 360 owners here downloaded this? I don't have the console but I would love to know what this remake is like. The DOS version of PoP was the first game I ever played.
    Frogbeastegg's Guide to Total War: Shogun II. Please note that the guide is not up-to-date for the latest patch.

Ricardus Insanusaum Member Bob the Insane's Avatar

Default Re: Prince of Persia Classic (xbox live arcade)

You can download a demo version from the market place (if you have the 360 of course)...

Very nice... Very much based on the orginally (the DOS version was one of my favourites). In fact the first level is indentical (except for all the sexy 3d gfx of course). Play style appears to be much the same with running, jumping, climbing (ledges), health bottles, spike traps, collapsing floors, etc... Combat is the same block and attack style...

I did note in the feature list for the full version it mentioned unlocking Time Attack which I guess is a feature based on the Sands of Time version, but I don't know how that would be implimented...
    Last edited by Bob the Insane; 06-15-2007 at 18:12.

Default Re: Prince of Persia Classic (xbox live arcade)

Sounds good. Have the controls been updated, or do you still have to time your presses in advance of when you want him to jump?

:wishes she had a 360 ... remembers how many of them break, and that there aren't many games a frog would like and changes her mind: Wish it was available on other platforms too.
    Frogbeastegg's Guide to Total War: Shogun II. Please note that the guide is not up-to-date for the latest patch.