Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Age of Warlords

Default AoW music <3

I really love the new music in AoW. Anyone who knows where to find the files for them? I'd like to add them to a Windows Mediaplayer-playlist. I've searched the "Medieval-Total War\Sounds\Music" folder, but they're not there :(

Also: when I play as the european factions in the campaign, I only hear the original Medieval: Total War music; I only hear the AoW music when playing as Eskimoes and Algonquin. How do I make the new music "hearable" for european factions?

P.S: I recognize one of those tracks from a movie. Could that be true, BKB?

Default Re: AoW music <3

Quote Originally Posted by Brynjolfr
    I really love the new music in AoW. Anyone who knows where to find the files for them? I'd like to add them to a Windows Mediaplayer-playlist. I've searched the "Medieval-Total War\Sounds\Music" folder, but they're not there :(

Also: when I play as the european factions in the campaign, I only hear the original Medieval: Total War music; I only hear the AoW music when playing as Eskimoes and Algonquin. How do I make the new music "hearable" for european factions?

P.S: I recognize one of those tracks from a movie. Could that be true, BKB?

Never mind my previous post; I've found them. I looks like they just had the same filenames as the "vanilla" Medieval tracks. Still, I'd like to know if my theory (that one of the tracks are from a movie) is true!

Default Re: Age of Warlords Version 1.0 Released!

The Last of the Mohicans.
    Last edited by Baron von Manteuffel; 06-15-2009 at 04:39.

Savaran Commander Member Hound of Ulster's Avatar

good choice! Go Clannad! Go Chieftians!
    'Only the Dead Have Seen the End of War' Plato

'Ar nDuctas' O'Dougherty clan motto

'In Peace, sons bury thier fathers; In War, fathers bury thier sons' Thucydides

'Forth Eorlingas!' motto of the Riders of Rohan

'dammit, In for a Penny, In for a Pound!' the Duke of Wellington

"with knowledge comes sadness" Him

let's hope this mod continues for us as we who know that history is but a reflection of our own minds,,,

I'm redownloading this. The eskimos or Alogonquins seem like fun.
    Eras Total Conquest, your Eras TW for Kingdoms.

I LOVE this mod! The only problem with it though is that two settlements seem to have been missplaced! Dublin should be by the coast, but is instead located in the inland of Ireland. Bergen has been placed on the site of Oslo, so it should be renamed to Oslo.

This seems to be a very interesting mod. Is it stable (also on Vista?) when it's patched and all?

Quote Originally Posted by Calypze
    This seems to be a very interesting mod. Is it stable (also on Vista?) when it's patched and all?
    No offence intended, but I always had stability problems with this mod. I kept waiting for an additional patch, but it never came. I think BKB is concentrating on other projects, but I don't know for sure, so don't quote me on that. I believe part of the problem is video driver related. If you have the latest drivers, you may have some trouble running Medieval Total War/Viking Invasion, which is becoming a little dated. I'm no computer expert, but I would expect some kind of conflict with the Vista Operating System. Anyone with knowledge on this, feel free to blast what I just said, or just chime in. Just trying to help, LOL.

If I told you, I'd have to kill you. England.

I have problems running this mod...the Kingdom of Connaught crashed before it even showed the campaign map. MTW: Gold runs perfect on the computer, so I know that it was something to do with the mod...
    I believe in a society without rules, laws and regulations. A society where there are only ideas - strict ideas that must be followed to by the letter - and any failure to comply is punishable by death. This would be no dictatorship or police state, no one would be living in terror. It would merely be a 'reassessment of one's preferences,' people living in 'not-so-optimistic security.' So, welcome, those who are 'longing to be blindly obedient and loyal, unbeknownst to them.'

Quote Originally Posted by Kaidonni
    I have problems running this mod...the Kingdom of Connaught crashed before it even showed the campaign map. MTW: Gold runs perfect on the computer, so I know that it was something to do with the mod...
    Not to worry, I'm sure there'll be more versions in time.

I'm curious--why use Eskimo rather than Iroquois as a New World faction? The Iroquois were much more powerful and numerous.
    --
    RTR Platinum Team Apprentice, Extended Realism Mod for RTR Platinum Team Coordinator

The ExRM forum: come for the mod, stay for the Classical History discussions. Or vice versa.

Boondock Saint Senior Member The Blind King of Bohemia's Avatar

There are two indian factions. The Inuit and Algonquin confederacy. It is actually a little early in the time period for the Iroquois

Member Member dimitrios the samian's Avatar

Good to see you back BKB ,, I heard that you also somehow managed to utilize different fortifications bifs for various factions on the campaign map ,, I checked the screenies without seeing this ,, Did you actually do it ?
    >> check the alchemist lab if your curious ,, cheers ,, DTS

Quote Originally Posted by The Blind King of Bohemia
    There are two indian factions. The Inuit and Algonquin confederacy. It is actually a little early in the time period for the Iroquois
    Not really, at least for the High Middle Ages. The Haudenosaunee Confederacy probably formed in the mid-1100s, and there's solid evidence that the Iroquois were powerful tribes individually prior to that. (Full disclosure: A close relative of mine is a history professor who has done a great deal of work on the Iroquois, so I'm biased. :) )

As for the Inuit, I respect them a great deal (hence my username), but they never really had any impact on anything. I mean, they had extremely low population levels and routinely got pwned in inter-tribal conflicts. In fact, that's why they got stuck up north where they did--they were forced out of the better lands. I would do two Algonquin factions before doing the Inuit. They just weren't very relevant.
    --
    RTR Platinum Team Apprentice, Extended Realism Mod for RTR Platinum Team Coordinator

The ExRM forum: come for the mod, stay for the Classical History discussions. Or vice versa.

Can the Alogonquin build ships to make it to Europe? Ahistorical, but interesting concept. I'd rather see the mod be kept historical anyway.

And maybe they shouldn't own all of the NA mainland, give them something to do/conquer. All in all still a lovely mod.

Maybe at least upping rebellion risks for North America would be a good thing. 1, it'll keep the Alogonquins busy just holding NA, and 2, it will make it hard for the European player to hold long what he can take (like actual history).

BKB,

I have MTW Gold Edition. When I try to install the mod it creates a "Total War" folder. I believe that my similar folder is "The Creative Assembly/MTW Gold Edition" or something along those lines. I've installed 3 other MTW mods (PMTW and XL MOD) by directing the install to the MTW Gold Edition and things have worked out well. I can't get the same success with your mod. Is there something I'm missing?

Also, I tried to copy the folders from inside the folder created by your mod "Total War" and pasted them in my "Medieval Total War Gold Edition" folder and overwrote the matching files. When I did that I got the same error as "Scotty" did on his Post, which was something about Dorset....

What am I missing?

The main download link is not working. Does anyone have it that maybe they can also rehost it?

Hello!
    Has anybody with MTW Gold edition got Age of Warlords to work?
    I've had the same problem as Great White Hunter wrote about recently on March 14 2008
    "Unknown faction label used to indicate unit advantage: column 12, row 176
    FN_DORSET"
    I couldn't find a reply to Great White Hunter's post.
    Any advice from Gold edition owners would be welcome.
    Thanks

At last, I finally figured it out for myself.
    Thanks for listening anyway!

Oblique, How did you get the problem fixed? Is there anyone who can point me in the right direction? Thanks in advance.

is there any hope of a final v1.4 all-in-one installer?

Boondock Saint Senior Member The Blind King of Bohemia's Avatar

If you'd want that I could do it mate.

I still am very proud of this mod but I am all too aware of its instability in campaign. I have endeavoured to find a cause for the crashes but in the end gave up. It deeply upset me because I know its a grave flaw in an otherwise really good mod (even if I do say so myself). I don't know it if it was a problem with the map itself, the coding, or something else, but I tried virtually everything. Sometimes it can be very stable (Zathernon told me how he got to the 14th century once), but other times it isn't. Certain factions do better than others. It just seemed too random. This is why there was never a proper release, because the CTDs during campaign did not permit one. Having said that there is something I'd like to put in a 1.4 release - each faction had a special building/feature they started off with, which gave bonuses and a large financial income. The Isles had Iona, the Scots Scone Abbey, England the Great Port of Yarmouth, the French Notre Dame, and so forth. I loved them, but I thought they might be crashing the game and so I took them out. Turns out though clearly they weren't. I put a lot of effort into them so it would be nice to include them in a release. Maybe I'll have one last crack at trying to deciper the CTD bug now I've been away from it for a while.....

Otherwise I always felt this mod to be virtually complete (aside from proper Eskimo bifs, which were never done, and a few weapon placements for units), and a great technical achievement for Medieval. Perhaps it was overly ambitious, I don't know. But all the same I hope people can still enjoy it, if not at least for the custom battles and all the new units I created.
    Last edited by The Blind King of Bohemia; 07-03-2008 at 18:53.

that would be awesome, but i respect the fact that it is your free time invested in this, and that you do have a life to lead. :)

Member Member dimitrios the samian's Avatar

BKB thats brilliant news ...
    When you become enthused about having a crack at this , it can only mean further improvements and perhaps a permanent fix .

Yeah, I've downloaded the mod and it just has so much potential - if you made this bug-free etc this would definitely be the best mod on MTW so far.

MON UNITED!

Hi,
    Like this mod, but I can't get past about 1254 as the Algonquin. It keeps crashing. All I''m doing is building canoes and having sea battles with the kingdom of man.
    Also Algonquin pagan shamans are buggy. They don't appear on the map when paid for; the agent list says they exist and still shows me where they should be, but they are invisible and can't be moved.
    Other times they appear and still can't be moved.
    Some events such as good news (I can't remember the others) are missing their pictures.
    It was fun though while it lasted.

Default Re: Age of Warlords

A problem came to stay! After downloading and installing the mod and all the patches I tried to start the game, but the error messages just pops out saying "Unable to find deadpage coords file for parsing" What should I do?

Thanks, I'd really appreciate some help mates.

The DEADPAGE COORDS.TXT file should be in the Textures/Men subdirectory:

Medieval - Total War -> Textures -> Men

Have a look in there and if it's not there, or the directory isn't where it should be, then it's probably an installation issue. There's a long post somewhere explaining how to correct a faulty installation. It may be in the BKB Supermod thread.
    Last edited by gregori99; 06-09-2009 at 19:32.

I searched for the deadpages and they're in the right directory, but it still won't work :o I followed all the installation advices Zathernon wrote on page 4 and I can clearly see the DEADPAGE COORDS.TXT file but nevertheless it still gives me the same error message

Thanks though from help mate

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast