Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Thread: Age of Warlords

Default Re: Age of Warlords

I've tried to run this mod but even with all patches it was giving me errors. I made some research and found few small bugs. Small but absolutely crucial. E.g. one typo in the unit_prod file was ruining about 1/3 of the units list. I'm surprised that campaign was even starting. There were some missing units in the deadpage file too causing bodies didn't appear on the battlefield. I've corrected these bugs and prepared a little patch:
    AoW_unofficial_patch_1_31.zip
    Installation: copy the archive to game directory (the same as medieval_TW.exe) and unpack.

I can't guarantee that there are no other bugs. I didn't play even one turn - only fixed some obvious mistakes.
    If you encounter any other bugs, let me know. I'll do my best to fix it.
    "Do not fight for glory. Do not fight for love of your lord. Do not fight for hatred, honor or faith. Fight only for victory and you will succeed." - Uji sensei.

I have never played this mod Stazi but nice work - you have done so much for the community inside of a month!

Thank you.

Beauty hunter Senior Member Raz's Avatar

Wow Stazi, you're quite the talented modder. I hope you stick around these parts, this community needs a good character such as yourself.

Edit: Ah Glenn, you beat me to it.
    Quote Originally Posted by drone
    I imagine an open-source project to recreate [Medieval: Total War] would be faced with an army of high-valour lawyers.

Live your life out on Earth; I'm going to join the Sun.

Quote Originally Posted by Glenn View Post
    I have never played this mod Stazi but nice work - you have done so much for the community inside of a month!
    I've never played this mod too. I'm trying mods one by one, searching for any interesting ideas. When I see an error I try to fix it. That's all. I like challenges like these.
    First time I saw this mod, it was like - canoes on the Atlantic ocean? Indians, vikings, medieval europe all in one? WTF? But I think I'll play some turns just to see how it works. I'm particularly interested if the Indians have any chance to survive.

Quote Originally Posted by Raz View Post
    Wow Stazi, you're quite the talented modder.
    Thanks, but its only a little text editing. I wouldn't call this modding. I feel rather like beta-tester finding bugs here and there.
    Last edited by Stazi; 01-23-2011 at 09:43.
    "Do not fight for glory. Do not fight for love of your lord. Do not fight for hatred, honor or faith. Fight only for victory and you will succeed." - Uji sensei.

@Stazi-I confirm your linked patch dont'work! Please a new link!!!

I've never reuploaded the patch again because it was't fully working. This mod has more issues which simple text editing can't fix. I've been working on some campaign map pieces that cause crashes for me but never finished the whole thing.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456