Thread: Tomb Raider

Thumbs down Tomb Raider

A most horrible film. I was in the process of watching it and after almost an hour I disabled the TV and came here to tell you of the horror.

It has too much unnecessary spectacular action, too much of a showoff, and the likes. The character of Lara Croft is not even a likeable one to me: it is an arrogant ***** with a bad sense of humour. And her foolish minions aren't much better either. It's as if everything they all say is supposed to be sarcastic, witty, with something of a "bad attitude" or something in that general direction. They are all not funny.

During that part -- that lasted almost an hour from the start -- I hardly noticed anything interesting. What I just described there above is roughly the basis of it. Why insert a scene of Croft showering and making certain facial expressions? To attract audience for a film that is rubbish? There is no need for spectacular cool-looking short "cut-scenes" of somebody in a car or Croft on a motorbike moving as the old man watches her through the window as he takes a drink of his... "pahwt" -- it is overkill. There is no need for showing Croft violently pulling off a big piece of cloth to expose a closet of books as the camera shot is taken unnecessarily stylishly from above. Nay(!) I say: those who helped create this horrible vile and foul-stinking thing they call a movie should be simultaneously juxtaposed to the wall and their existence be nullified.

Add in the fighting scene wherein she... bounces around on a thick rope. It is too unrealistic. Those combat-trained agents who invade the house have been made too foolish. They are in great numbers and have superior firepower, and they are well-scattered: for them to lose should be IMPOSSIBLE EVEN IF SHE MAKES SURPRISE ATTACKS.

How can a trained hardcore gunmen shooting at a target -- Croft -- miss it? She is wall-running constantly and regularly in the same direction as he empties his clip -- and they are a lot of bullets -- with superior automatic fire. The fact that she moves in such a fashion should mean her death, as she would have to fall down quickly with blood seeping from the many... holes she would then have.

Or observe how she knocks out these trained goons who are heavily equipped with her bare fists. Maybe if my arse learns how to chew gum, it would be possible. Sure sure: trained super hardcore gunman goons just wait until they get smacked.

Or regard the overkill that is when she visits a so-called... "knower of things" in his lair: unnecessary showoff.

The plot hardly advanced during this small amount of time that was less than an hour: it was too busy showing off coolness, stupid attitudes and egos, gadgets, cars, motorbikes, and Croft being a ***** as well as her simpleton minions being foolish and not funny, as well as displaying stupid actions such as Croft on the phone letting her microwave dinner go to hell. Yeah yeah, sure: what a plot advance.

I recall having watched this movie already but it was too long ago. I only remembered I didn't like it. Now I again know why.

Now, the Indiana Jones series: THAT is good stuff instead; not this rubbish. And in Tomb Raider they use the word 'bugger' too much. For any time they mention it they should receive lashes.
    Emotion, passions, and desires are, thus peace is not.
    Emotion: you have it or it has you.

---

Pay heed to my story named The Thief in the Mead Hall.
    No.

---

Check out some of my music.

Needs more flowers Moderator drone's Avatar

Default Re: Tomb Raider

Well, the whole point of the movie was to put Angelina Jolie in situations that make her breasts bounce a lot.
    The .Org's MTW Reference Guide Wiki - now taking comments, corrections, suggestions, and submissions

If I werent playing games Id be killing small animals at a higher rate than I am now - SFTS
    Si je n'étais pas jouer à des jeux que je serais mort de petits animaux à un taux plus élevé que je suis maintenant - Louis VI The Fat

"Why do you hate the extremely limited Spartan version of freedom?" - Lemur

1000 post member club Member Quid's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by drone
    Well, the whole point of the movie was to put Angelina Jolie in situations that make her breasts bounce a lot.
    Which is nice!

Quid
    ...for it is revenge I seek...

Cry Havoc and let slip the dogs of war
    Juleus Ceasar, Shakespear

Quote Originally Posted by drone
    This and Bijo's description sounds like many hollywood productions, sometimes the movies are so cool that they end up being completely stupid.
    And hollywood gunmen never hit unless they're someone special or it's a serious warmovie.

You have to leace common sense and logic elsewhere when watching such movies, though I know it can be hard at times.

"Topic is tired and needs a nap." - Tosa Inu

TexMec Senior Member Louis VI the Fat's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Drone
    Well, the whole point of the movie was to put Angelina Jolie in situations that make her breasts bounce a lot
    Quote Originally Posted by Husar
    I know it can be hard at times.

Anything unrelated to elephants is irrelephant
    Texan by birth, woodpecker by the grace of God
    I would be the voice of your conscience if you had one - Brenus
    Bt why woulf we uy lsn'y Staraft - Fragony
    Not everything
    blue and underlined is a link

Dp.
    Last edited by Louis VI the Fat; 06-18-2007 at 22:46.
    Not everything

Tp.
    Last edited by Louis VI the Fat; 06-18-2007 at 22:45.
    Not everything

Liar and Trickster Senior Member Andres's Avatar

Something bounced on your "submit reply" button ?
    Andres is our Lord and Master and could strike us down with thunderbolts or beer cans at any time. ~Askthepizzaguy

Ja mata, TosaInu

Come to daddy Member Geoffrey S's Avatar

Angelina Jolie is... somewhat ugly. She looks so plastic.
    "The facts of history cannot be purely objective, since they become facts of history only in virtue of the significance attached to them by the historian." E.H. Carr

drone put it best. You were not supposed to watch the action - well, not that action, anyway. The whole movie (and the follow-ups) is centered around a single focal point. Well, okay, 2 points. And pointy they are.
    Therapy helps, but screaming obscenities is cheaper.

Tree Killer Senior Member Beirut's Avatar

Thank you, that will be all.

Closed!
    Unto each good man a good dog