Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: What Job Would You Have Had In Medieval times?

TexMec Senior Member Louis VI the Fat's Avatar

Default What Job Would You Have Had In Medieval times?

Take this quiz and find out!

Clicky.

My Results:

Noble

Ah, you are not exactly tough physically, but metally you are the toughest of them all! You are the closest class to the king, and your witts got you their. In fact, you may be the prince, better yet!
    Anything unrelated to elephants is irrelephant
    Texan by birth, woodpecker by the grace of God
    I would be the voice of your conscience if you had one - Brenus
    Bt why woulf we uy lsn'y Staraft - Fragony
    Not everything
    blue and underlined is a link

Poll Smoker Senior Member CountArach's Avatar

Default Re: What Job Would You Have Had In Medieval times?

I got Noble as well.
    Rest in Peace TosaInu, the Org will be your legacy
    Quote Originally Posted by Leon Blum - For All Mankind
    Nothing established by violence and maintained by force, nothing that degrades humanity and is based on contempt for human personality, can endure.

What Job Would You Have In Medievel times?

My Results:

Craftsmen

Even though you are not important physically, you are important! You may not be strong but you can craft weapons to help out people. However, you may not specialize in that. You may specialize in silversmith, tailor, and much more. You're type of people were usually headstrong and have excellent hand-eye coordination.
    Medieval 2: Total War Guide to Traits and Retinue
    "Tenderness and kindness are not signs of weakness and despair but manifestations of strength and resolution." - Khalil Gibran

World War 3 erupted in mid-1960's: NATO - Warsaw Pact Conflict multiplayer Interactive, choose one from several available countries

Going to the land where men walk without footprints.

King

NIiiiiice...you got the king. you may be a bit....overfed and selfish, but it doesnt really matter, you own all the lands and the only thing stopping you is people trying to kill you! However, dont worry about that, you got strong knights at your side =)

Second-hand chariot salesman Senior Member macsen rufus's Avatar

Joker

You were the town clown. You get paid for what you do best, making people laugh. Jokers usually entertain the king and get paid well. It would be a fun job.

well, I'm not sure how it lead from my answers to this result, but I have to agree it would be a fun job At least it's safely away from all the sharp pointy things
    ANCIENT: TW

A mod for Medieval:TW (with VI)

Discussion forum thread

Download A Game of Thrones Mod v1.4

Ok, tried to be honest and almost as expected and well-deserved for my laziness...

Peasant

Ah yes, the lowest class in all of the midevel times, you were also known as serfs, which is short for servants. You were paid very low and worked around peoples farms and homes helping them do day to day chores. However, do not worry because you were over half the population back then.

I think when I chose "don't do anything until someone tells you to", I was doomed.
    Last edited by Husar; 06-14-2007 at 12:51.

"Topic is tired and needs a nap." - Tosa Inu

" Hammer of the East" Member King Kurt's Avatar

Nice quiz - especially as I came out as a noble!! - given a free choice I would have gone for masseur in the Sultan's harem - as long as being a eunch was in the job description!!
    "Some people say MTW is a matter of life or death - but you have to realise it is more important than that"
    With apologies to Bill Shankly

My first balloon - for "On this day in History"

Annoying Warhammer know-it-all Member DrZoidberg's Avatar

King

NIiiiiice...you got the king. you may be a bit....overfed and selfish, but it doesnt really matter, you own all the lands and the only thing stopping you is people trying to kill you! However, dont worry about that, you got strong knights at your side =)

What a load of bollocks. Statistically 99% should become serfs
    Sorry you must have been boring. -Dr Zoidberg

Second-hand chariot salesman Senior Member macsen rufus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DrZoidberg
    King

Quote Originally Posted by Conradus
    King

Yihaaa - we got a civil war already
    ANCIENT: TW

A mod for Medieval:TW (with VI)

Discussion forum thread

Download A Game of Thrones Mod v1.4

Ming the Merciless is my idol Senior Member Watchman's Avatar

Noble

Ah, you are not exactly tough physically, but metally you are the toughest of them all! You are the closest class to the king, and your witts got you their. In fact, you may be the prince, better yet!
    Huh, that's what being clever nets you it seems. Apparently nobody told the makers of the quiz Medieval noblemen were by default also the warrior elite though...
    "Let us remember that there are multiple theories of Intelligent Design. I and many others around the world are of the strong belief that the universe was created by a Flying Spaghetti Monster. --- Proof of the existence of the FSM, if needed, can be found in the recent uptick of global warming, earthquakes, hurricanes, and other natural disasters. Apparently His Pastaness is to be worshipped in full pirate regalia. The decline in worldwide pirate population over the past 200 years directly corresponds with the increase in global temperature. Here is a graph to illustrate the point."

-Church of the Flying Spaghetti Monster

Spirit King Senior Member seireikhaan's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Bah, I was apparently a peasant. Stupid quiz...*grumbles*
    It is better to conquer yourself than to win a thousand battles. Then, the victory is yours. It cannot be taken from you, not by angels or by demons, heaven or hell.

Sovereign Oppressor Member TIE Fighter Shooter Champion, Turkey Shoot Champion, Juggler Champion Kralizec's Avatar

King

Post Re: What Job Would You Have Had In Medieval times?

Militia
    "Militia, militia, militia. You are a great help to the kingdom you lived in. Militia members were volunentary members of the kingdom who helped defend their village when it was under siege. You have a great hard and have courage of steel."

Not quite as high in society as I was aiming for, but I suppose that it would have paid the bills and provided me with enough food to live on. Presumably better than most!
    Dawn is nature's way of telling you to go back to bed

Knight

All brawn and no brains. You are one tough sucker, you can take down people twice your size and defend off some of the greatest foes. Knights work for kings, aiding him when he is at need.
    Ja Mata Tosainu Sama.

Senior Member Senior Member Yeti Sports 1.5 Champion, Snowboard Slalom Champion, Monkey Jump Champion, Mosquito Kill Champion Csargo's Avatar

Noble

Quote Originally Posted by Sooh View Post
    I wonder if I can make Csargo cry harder by doing everyone but his ISO.

Old Town Road Senior Member Strike For The South's Avatar

My Results:

Joker

You were the town clown. You get paid for what you do best, making people laugh. Jokers usually entertain the king and get paid well. It would be a fun job.
    There, but for the grace of God, goes John Bradford

My aim, then, was to whip the rebels, to humble their pride, to follow them to their inmost recesses, and make them fear and dread us. Fear is the beginning of wisdom.

I am tired and sick of war. Its glory is all moonshine. It is only those who have neither fired a shot nor heard the shrieks and groans of the wounded who cry aloud for blood, for vengeance, for desolation.

Noble.

Really I'd be a priest or something, just based on literacy.

'My intelligence is not just insulted, it's looking for revenge with a gun and no mercy. ' - Frogbeastegg

SERA NIMIS VITA EST CRASTINA VIVE HODIE

The life of tomorrow is too late - live today!

One easily trifled with Member Target Champion Motep's Avatar

I took it three times...Noble, Joker, Joker. I am a joker, it seems...
    TosaInu shall never be forgotten.

King

I guess it's true, wasn't the king THE laziest one in the land ?
    I definitely fit the selfish part, but overfed - no way!
    Therapy helps, but screaming obscenities is cheaper.

(Insert innuendo here) Member Balloon Bomber Champion DemonArchangel's Avatar

King

Quote Originally Posted by Louis VI the Fat View Post
    China is not a world power. China is the world, and it's surrounded by a ring of tiny and short-lived civilisations like the Americas, Europeans, Mongols, Moghuls, Indians, Franks, Romans, Japanese, Koreans.

Enlightened Despot Member Vladimir's Avatar

Hmm...

King

Reinvent the British and you get a global finance center, edible food and better service. Reinvent the French and you may just get more Germans.
    Quote Originally Posted by Evil_Maniac From Mars
    How do you motivate your employees? Waterboarding, of course.
    Ik hou van ferme grieten en dikke pinten
    Down with dried flowers!
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

The Aspiring God Of War Member Lysander13's Avatar
    Leading the assault against the Gods at Mount Olympos itself.

King

Hmmm...How many Kings is that? Too many Kings in the same thread can only mean one thing....WAR!!

Poll Smoker Senior Member CountArach's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Omanes Alexandrapolites
    Militia
    "Militia, militia, militia. You are a great help to the kingdom you lived in. Militia members were volunentary members of the kingdom who helped defend their village when it was under siege. You have a great hard and have courage of steel."
    Rest in Peace TosaInu, the Org will be your legacy
    Quote Originally Posted by Leon Blum - For All Mankind
    Nothing established by violence and maintained by force, nothing that degrades humanity and is based on contempt for human personality, can endure.

Noble

So we have lots of kings, a bunch of nobles, and was it one knight? And two militiamen. A handful of others.
    We have this almost mythical tree, given to us by the otherwise hostile people in the east to symbolize our friendship and give us permission to send caravans through their lands. It could be said to symbolize the wealth and power of our great nation. Cut it down and make me a throne.

King

NIiiiiice...you got the king. you may be a bit....overfed and selfish, but it doesnt really matter, you own all the lands and the only thing stopping you is people trying to kill you! However, dont worry about that, you got strong knights at your side =

It seems we have too many Kings. I'll kill the rest of you off.
    I support Israel

Bringing down the vulgaroisie Member King Henry V's Avatar

King as well. I think in order to resolve this surfeit of sovereigns, we should all attend a council in my castle (with loads of banquets of course).
    www.thechap.net
    "We were not born into this world to be happy, but to do our duty." Bismarck
    "You can't be a successful Dictator and design women's underclothing. One or the other. Not both." The Right Hon. Bertram Wilberforce Wooster
    "Man, being reasonable, must get drunk; the best of life is but intoxication" - Lord Byron
    "Where men are forbidden to honour a king they honour millionaires, athletes, or film-stars instead: even famous prostitutes or gangsters. For spiritual nature, like bodily nature, will be served; deny it food and it will gobble poison." - C. S. Lewis

Hellpuppy unleashed Member Subedei's Avatar

Whohooo....Ranger

Rangers are very modest people. Some people say they worked for the king, some didnt. They are great at long ranged combat, their bow and thrown daggars are their best friends. You also know some melee attacks as well =)

Fantastic...hiking, checking things out, running away if danger comes close....
    “Some may never live, but the crazy never die” (Hunter S. Thompson)

I think the peasants should vote.

"Topic is tired and needs a nap." - Tosa Inu

So if im the only knight.I will not start serving all these nobles and Kings.You can fight your own wars.I will concentrate on sacking and pillaging Husars farm.
    Ja Mata Tosainu Sama.

master of the pwniverse Member Fragony's Avatar

Well my family is into second hand machines, so I would probably be an occasion trebuchette dealer.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast