Thread: Romani regional recruitment

Default Romani regional recruitment

EDIT: USING V.81

Playing as Romani. Reached Polybian reforms in each homeland except Segesta.

I am unable to build a Type I government in Patavium and Bononia, in contradiction to https://img341.imageshack.us/my.php?image=romani6sc.gif.

I have noticed that type II governments afford me NO Faction troops and I am unable to build a factional barracks. I am only able to build the regional troops barracks.

Type II, III, and IV governments all give me the same options in regional troops.

I have conguered the regions of North Africa, Spain, Illyrian coast, and Macedonia. In these areas with a type II government and regional troops barracks I am able to produce AT BEST:

North Africa: light skirmishers and numidian horse skirmishers, except in Lepki, Tingis, and Sala where no regional troops are available despite having built the highest level of regional barracks.

Spain: Southern and eastern provinces offer me the cantabarii(sic) and the iberian militates. North and western Iberian provinces afford me no troops.

Macedonia: Offered as good as classical greek hoplites.

Illyrian coast: (segestica and dalminion) offer me no regionals.

Is this all as it should be, or is the regional recruitment system/ MIC/ government system still uncomplete?

Thanks and warm regards,

Your former member
    Last edited by Divinus Arma; 06-14-2007 at 21:17.
    "Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds." -Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by Pannonian View Post
    The Backroom is the Crackroom.

Default Re: Romani regional recruitment

Quote Originally Posted by Divinus Arma
    Type II, III, and IV governments all give me the same options in regional troops.
    They don't give different options, they just type IV allows the highest level of the regional barracks to be built, whilst type III allows up to lvl4 of the Regional Barracks to be built.

Thus the options are the same, but more elite regional troops are avaliable in type III and type IV (though that of course depends entirely on if the region offers regional elites.

Foot
    EBII Mod Leader
    Hayasdan Faction Co-ordinator

Quote Originally Posted by Foot
    They don't give different options, they just type IV allows the highest level of the regional barracks to be built, whilst type III allows up to lvl4 of the Regional Barracks to be built.

Thus the options are the same, but more elite regional troops are avaliable in type III and type IV (though that of course depends entirely on if the region offers regional elites.

Foot
    ahhhhhhh. Now that makes sense!

And what about the availability of factional barracks in Type II government provinces?
    Last edited by Divinus Arma; 06-14-2007 at 21:36.
    "Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds." -Einstein

Arrogant Ashigaru Moderator Ludens's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Lightbulb Re: Romani regional recruitment

And what about the availability of factional barracks in Type II government provinces?
    Type II governements allow all but the highest level of factional barracks. However, there is one exception to this rule: the Romans cannot build factional barracks in any provinces apart from their starting ones and Segestica until the Polybian reforms.

Welcome back Divinus Arma.
    Looking for a good read? Visit the Library!

Quote Originally Posted by Ludens
    Type II governements allow all but the highest level of factional barracks. However, there is one exception to this rule: the Romans cannot build factional barracks in any provinces apart from their starting ones and Segestica until the Polybian reforms.

Welcome back Divinus Arma.
    EDIT: From the FAQs, factional MICs are unavailable outside of homeland provinces until after marian reforms. I should have known better and checked the FAQ. But the following question remains:

It is roughly 190bce and I have had Polybian reforms in all homeland provinces with the exception of Segesta!

What could be the issue?

And while I am discussing this, I have used one single family member to fight every battle against Carthage to their destruction but yet: No imperator and No triumphus. I faced the exact same issue against the far larger macedonians. (unrelated I know, but that Triumphus is a major motivator!)
    Last edited by Divinus Arma; 06-14-2007 at 22:30.

EB TRIBVNVS PLEBIS Member MarcusAureliusAntoninus's Avatar

You should have had the Polybian marker places in Segesta. If so, upgrade the barracks there and you will get Polybian units.

The Imperator trigger is a bit bugged and it is extremely hard to get Imperator. And when the few people who do get it, it doesn't happen when expected.

Quote Originally Posted by MarcusAureliusAntoninus
    You should have had the Polybian marker places in Segesta. If so, upgrade the barracks there and you will get Polybian units.
    I do not have the polybian marker. Only the camillian.

The Imperator trigger is a bit bugged and it is extremely hard to get Imperator. And when the few people who do get it, it doesn't happen when expected.
    Hmm. Interesting. What a shame.

Trainee blame-taker, no class Member Underhand's Avatar

It's worth building up Illyria (Segestica, Dalminion and Epidamnos). A level three regional barracks in one of these provinces produces Illyrioi hippeis, light cavalry lancers with axes as sidearms. Quite handy when you can no longer build cavalry in Italy (after the Marian reforms).

Voluntary Suspension Voluntary Suspension Philippus Flavius Homovallumus's Avatar

We're looking at adjusting the triumph system, we have come to feel it is a fit too harsh.
    "If it wears trousers generally I don't pay attention."

[IMG]https://img197.imageshack.us/img197/4917/logoromans23pd.jpg[/IMG]

EB TRIBVNVS PLEBIS Member MarcusAureliusAntoninus's Avatar

I do not have the polybian marker. Only the camillian.
    Looking at the code, to see if there was a typo or something and, there is no reason you shouldn't have it. (Though I was looking at 'v0.81a v2' code and you said you have 'v0.81') You should have a marker in every 'Homeland' settlement. Maybe there was a typo in 081...