Page 1 of 15 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: The Militia of Montana (M.O.M) [Concluded]

One easily trifled with Member Target Champion Motep's Avatar

Default The Militia of Montana (M.O.M) [Concluded]

Date: January 1976
    Synopsis:
    The Shallowcreek Mafia, upon taking the town of Shallowcreek and other small communities of Montana and Idaho have decided to make a strike at a major artery in their opposistion. The Don of the Mafia, Pever Green, has made a risky decision to lead the mafia to strike at the Militia of Montana, centered in Billings, Montana. They seek to gain a legitamate title as they covertly conquer the nation. After the loss of many important men, the Militia locked down the city and declared a "lynch" court to root out the mafia among them...

Heres how it works:
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    I) The dead may post, but not vote. No exceptions.

II) No screenshots of anything is allowed. Posting a sceenshot will result in immediate removal from play.

III) Phases: We will follow a sequence of 24 hour days, and 24 hour nights.This may be extended when neccessary, such as when I cant get to the computer, or if it pukes out on me. The first phase will be a day phase (day 1, see below for more detail)
    ****Day Phase: On each day phase the townsfolk get together in the lynch hall to select one among their number to be put to death. Each townsfolk (besides the mayor and the don) can cast one vote (see below for proper voting procedure). I will post the results of the lynch, and include the details about the lynch for you all to enjoy. We will then proceed to the night phase.
    ****Night Phase: Every role has been given the option to do something during the night phase. Be it Killing someone, or protecting someone. All players must PM me their decisions every night, even if it's nothing, send it to me. You always have the option of doing nothing. You may only commit one action each night (for the elite mafioso, the killing two people counts as one action).
    Your PM's to me must indicate clearly your actions and provide all of the necessary information or your actions wont count that night. Feel free to provide whatever level of detail you wish, and I will incorporate them into the night's write up if possible, though I reserve to right to make any changes.

IV) Upon death, the player will be investigated by our police force, and their roles will be revealed to the general public.

V) Voting: There will be three types of voting involved, voting for the lych, electing a new mayor, and acting as a jury for a person who is put on trail by the Bar owner (more details below). There may be other instances of voting employed throughout the game, and will be explained as they occur. Each living person (besides the mayor and the Don) may vote oce per phase (unless they are editing a previous vote)
    ****To lynch a suspect: You may or may not vote, but thta is your choice to make.Be aware that persistently avoiding the voting process will result in your permanant removal from play (generally when you miss three votes in a row without contacting me)
    ****Legal vote choices include:
    * voting by name another person in the lynch court
    * voting “abstain” will count that you have no voting preferences whatsoever
    * voting “no lynch” will indicate that you desire nobody to be lynched that day
    ****In order for a vote to be counted, it must be in the following format:

Vote: Motep

****In order to change a vote:

Unvote: Motep
    Vote: Ichigo

****To elect a Mayor: You may vote, or you may not vote. Your choce. But you may not vote to have no mayor. It will follow the same format as the lynch vote except for the following difference:

Elect: Motep

Remove: Motep
    Elect: Ichigo

There will be lots of people involved. I am hoping to get somewhere between 30 and 60, like in CDTC. The current roles are planned out for 30+ participants. The game is subject to my tweaking before it starts.

Roles:
    Note that there is always a threat of failure and getting false information.

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    Mafia:

1 Mafia Spy: Able to discover someone's role each night.

4 henchmen- Able to work cooperatively in groups of two to kill somebody each night. Once two remain, they are promoted to a Made Man and can kill on their own. Once a Henchman has killed three cooperatively, he/she is promoted to made.

2 Made Men- Able to kill one person each night. If only one made remains, that survivior is promoted to Elite Mafioso. One can be promoted to Elite Mafioso status upon killing 4 people. If they fail to kill 3 times in a row, they are demoted to henchman. If there are no longer any Elite Mafioso, a made man is promoted.

1 Elite Mafioso-Able to kill two people each night. As long as there are any Elite Mafioso, Don Pever Green cannot be attacked, or in any other way harmed or hampered.

Don Pever Green-reserved for pevergreen (if he claims it. otherwise, the role will be publicly revealed). The Don cannot be harmed as long as there are Elite mafioso. If the don is killed, the mafia must elect a new don. The don can stop enemy actions against two of his men each night, and during the day, the don may order one of his men to plant a trap in someones dwelling (endangering that person and any contacts that have been revealed to me). The don may not come to the "lynch" meetings.

Pro-Militia:

4 Militia soldiers- Able to work cooperatively in groups of two to kill a suspected or known mafia each night. Each kill request must be approved by me, and they must include the name of the person who gave them the information that the target is mafia. Once two remain, they are promoted to militia officers. Immune to the law unless they manage to kill a police officer or a townie.

2 Militia officer- Able to kill a suspected or known mafia each night. Each kill request must be approved by me, and must include name of the person who gave them information that the target is mafia. Immune to the law unless they manage to kill a police officer or a townie.

2 Militia scouts- able to discover someone's role each night.

1 Militia Leader-Able to prevent actions against two of his men each night. Immune to the law. As long as there are two soldiers or officers left, the Leader cannot be killed.

Townies:

Mayor- Your role will be publicly revealed. You chose the lynch as you see fit (so long as it’s a tie, or close to it). You cannot be killed so long as a cop or detective is still alive. If you are killed, somebody else will be elected.

2 Doctors- able to prevent one murder each night.

2 Bar Employees- have the ability to spy on others with 50% chance of discovering their true role, 25% chance of getting a false role

1 Plumber- can investigate people with 50% accuracy...no arrests, though

1 Hunter- able to kill each night with 50% accuracy. Can become mafia or militia with conformation from both parties involved, upon which the hunter becomes a henchman or soldier.

3 cops- able to investigate/ arrest one person each night. 25% chance of discovering true role. As long as they remain, the mayor cannot be harmed.

1 Detective- able to investigate/arrest one person each night. 75% chance of discovering true role, or Able to discover someone's role each night. As long as he remains, the mayor cannot be harmed.

1 Bar owner- can hide somebody each night, impeding their action and protecting them from harm. The shop owner may also kidnap somebody and bring them before the courts.

Townies- regular joe-shmoes. They can form in groups of three to kill somebody each night. they can form in groups of two to protect somebody each night. They can form in groups of two to spy on somebody each night, with 50% accuracy and 20% chance of being discovered. After 4 nights have passed They can join the mafia of militia with consent from both parties involved, upon which the townie becomes a henchman or soldier (they can only join the mafia after they particiapate in a murder).

Secret Roles: (it's a secret)

pevergreen (The Great Don, Pever Green)
    CountArach
    Stig
    Warmaster Horus
    Omanes
    Garcilaso (Caius)
    Xdeathfire
    greaterkhaan
    Sasaki Kojiro
    Andres
    shlin28
    Hanky
    Crazed Rabbit
    RoadKill
    Sapi
    Discovery 1
    RedLeg
    Ichigo
    The Stranger
    Ignoramus
    beefy187
    Sarathos
    Kagemusha
    General Hanky
    TwilightBlade
    Husar
    Prole
    Killfr3nzy
    Last edited by Motep; 07-20-2007 at 21:56.
    TosaInu shall never be forgotten.

Poll Smoker Senior Member CountArach's Avatar

Default Re: The Militia of Montana (M.O.M)

Well don't get your hopes up for over 25 people, few games have reached that recently.

I'm in.

I just would like to add that 13 kills per night for the Mafia is pretty damn harsh on the townies. They wont be able to win with lynching.
    Last edited by CountArach; 06-15-2007 at 10:02.
    Rest in Peace TosaInu, the Org will be your legacy
    Quote Originally Posted by Leon Blum - For All Mankind
    Nothing established by violence and maintained by force, nothing that degrades humanity and is based on contempt for human personality, can endure.

In, good luck recruiting

Just your average Senior Member Warmaster Horus's Avatar
    Besancon, France: a stepping stone to greatness. I hope.

In. Second what Stig said. I suggest you PM some of the most active players in a couple of days if they haven't signed up. You should also advertise in the Frontroom.

And, I won't be available for the beginning.
    The Throne Room: "Less a forum, more a way of life." Econ21
    Don't hesitate to visit the Mead Hall! A little more reading, a little less shouting, please.
    Join the latest greatest installement of mafia games: Capo di Tutti Capi!
    Check out the Gahzette!
    By the by, are you interested in helping out the Gahzette? Think you could be a writer, reporting on the TW or Org community? Then check the Gahzette Thread or drop me a PM!

Back.

Post Re: The Militia of Montana (M.O.M)

In (as always)!
    Dawn is nature's way of telling you to go back to bed

Honorary Argentinian Senior Member Gyroball Champion, Karts Champion Caius's Avatar

Ah, fresh mafia games!

/in!

Names, secret names
    But never in my favour
    But when all is said and done
    It's you I love

Master Procrastinator Member TevashSzat's Avatar

in i guess with school out i have alot more free time
    "I do not know what I may appear to the world; but to myself I seem to have been only like a boy playing on the seashore, and diverting myself in now and then finding a smoother pebble or a prettier shell than ordinary, whilst the great ocean of truth lay all undiscovered before me." - Issac Newton

Spirit King Senior Member seireikhaan's Avatar
    Blog Entries

In.
    It is better to conquer yourself than to win a thousand battles. Then, the victory is yours. It cannot be taken from you, not by angels or by demons, heaven or hell.

In. I spent the night in billings.

Liar and Trickster Senior Member Andres's Avatar

It's been a while since I got killed or lynched. In I am.
    Andres is our Lord and Master and could strike us down with thunderbolts or beer cans at any time. ~Askthepizzaguy

Ja mata, TosaInu

Your folk's joning has been noted.

In.

Illuminated Moderator Pogo Panic Champion, Graveyard Champion, Missle Attack Champion, Ninja Kid Champion, Pop-Up Killer Champion, Ratman Ralph Champion GeneralHankerchief's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Okay, fine. But I'll be out from Tuesday to Friday.
    "I'm going to die anyway, and therefore have nothing more to do except deliberately annoy Lemur." -Orb, in the chat
    "Lemur. Even if he's innocent, he's a pain; so kill him." -Ignoramus
    "I'm going to need to collect all of the rants about the guilty lemur, and put them in a pretty box with ponies and pink bows. Then I'm going to sprinkle sparkly magic dust on the box, and kiss it." -Lemur
    Mafia: Promoting peace and love since June 2006

Quote Originally Posted by TosaInu
    At times I read back my own posts [...]. It's not always clear at first glance.

Quote Originally Posted by GeneralHankerchief
    Okay, fine. But I'll be out from Tuesday to Friday.
    your leave will be incoorporated into the storyline. I have sent out over thirty pms

Senior member Senior Member Dutch_guy's Avatar

Yup, thanks for the PM - I'm in.

I'm an athiest. I get offended everytime I see a cold, empty room. - MRD

Arena Senior Member Crazed Rabbit's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I'm in.

CR
    Ja Mata, Tosa.

The poorest man may in his cottage bid defiance to all the forces of the Crown. It may be frail; its roof may shake; the wind may blow through it; the storm may enter; the rain may enter; but the King of England cannot enter – all his force dares not cross the threshold of the ruined tenement! - William Pitt the Elder

I'll join this.
    "I thought CA was unarmed? Unless he got some samurai swords or something... I only got some rocks and some sticks." Shlin in BR realizing he has no weapons what so ever.

Hahaha! The PM strategy worked! I may acctually make my quota after all...

Master of Few Words Senior Member KukriKhan's Avatar

In.

I spent a year, one day, trying to leave Billings, back in the early 70's. Long story, short on impact; believe me.

Your setting has me intrigued, Motep.
    Be well. Do good. Keep in touch.

Quote Originally Posted by KukriKhan
    In.

I spent a year, one day, trying to leave Billings, back in the early 70's. Long story, short on impact; believe me.

Your setting has me intrigued, Motep.
    But did you acctually leave? I would have been very misfortunate indeed if you lived through this disaster.

Yeah, why not.

/in
    From wise men, O Lord, protect us -anon
    The death of one man is a tragedy; the death of millions, a statistic -Stalin
    We can categorically state that we have not released man-eating badgers into the area -UK military spokesman Major Mike Shearer

the G-Diffuser Senior Member pevergreen's Avatar
    Blog Entries

The weak Militia of Montana think they can outwit me? Don Pever Green?

I have an actual force set up this time, and i shall not be arriving late..

Prepare to meet your doom militia....
    The org will be org until everyone calls it a day.

Quote Originally Posted by KukriKhan View Post
    but I joke. Some of my best friends are Vietnamese villages.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lemur
    Anyone who wishes to refer to me as peverlemur is free to do so.

Quote Originally Posted by pevergreen
    The weak Militia of Montana think they can outwit me? Don Pever Green?

I have an actual force set up this time, and i shall not be arriving late..

Prepare to meet your doom militia....
    I take it that you accept the role as Don?

Blog Entries

I was hoping that I could get it across without having to say yes

I take my mantle of evil leader!

I was hoping that I could get it across without having to say yes

I take my mantle of evil leader!
    Now, was that so hard to say?

Blog Entries

*shifty eyes* yes....

*shifty eyes* yes....
    Is this ( ) what you seek? And I thought so.

Blog Entries

no he looks too evil.

no he looks too evil.
    hmmm...how 'bout him?

Blog Entries

too questioning.

I want a guy with this: and nervously looking from side to side.

Page 1 of 15 1234511 ... LastLast