Thread: question to the mods: posting youtube vids

zombologist Senior Member doc_bean's Avatar

Default question to the mods: posting youtube vids

I recently noticed that youtube comments have gone the inevitable way of unmoderated forums and are full with words where there should be flowers. So I'd like to know if it's still okay to post youtube vids and whether not an explicit warning should be giving that the forums do/might contain profanity.
    Yes, Iraq is peaceful. Go to sleep now. - Adrian II

Poll Smoker Senior Member CountArach's Avatar

Default Re: question to the mods: posting youtube vids

For what worth my worthless opinion has, I would say give it a language warning.
    Rest in Peace TosaInu, the Org will be your legacy
    Quote Originally Posted by Leon Blum - For All Mankind
    Nothing established by violence and maintained by force, nothing that degrades humanity and is based on contempt for human personality, can endure.

L'Etranger Senior Member Banquo's Ghost's Avatar
    Hunting the Snark, a long way from Tipperary...

Default Re: question to the mods: posting youtube vids

As far as Backroom posts are concerned then yes, put such links in spoiler tags and provide a warning that the link leads to profanity.

However, bear in mind that all posters are responsible for the content of their posts and links therein, so you might want to err on the side of caution. If a youtube video happens to have suffered from some nearby comments using poor language, that's one thing, but deliberate linking to foul language as a way of circumventing the rules will be frowned on.

We accept that some topics might need illustration that unfortunately contains colourful language, so the we can't lay down detailed rules, but most of you know the drill.

"If there is a sin against life, it consists not so much in despairing as in hoping for another life and in eluding the implacable grandeur of this one."
    Albert Camus "Noces"