Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: England: Turn by turn (links provided here)

Know the dark side Member Askthepizzaguy's Avatar

Cool England: Turn by turn (links provided here)

EDIT: PHOTOS AVAILABLE AGAIN- for now....
    =============================================================
    Start original post:

I finally completed a project I have been working on, which will enable any viewers of this post to actually follow a game, turn by turn. The links to each turn are posted below.

The game is England
    difficulty: VeryHard/VeryHard
    Goal: Capture all regions (except America) by turn 60
    Completed on: Turn 58

Read before commenting:

This was done on an unpatched version of M2TW. In order to play these files, you may need to open it with an unpatched version of M2TW. You can make a copy of your current version and put it in file "Sega 2", and then install the original version. If you want. I know that's probably a pain.

This game uses the crusade exploit (no loss to desertion because of join/leaving the crusade, first 10 turns of a crusade only). You've been told up front. These are my house rules, and the only way to beat the game in 60 turns I believe. I did not use modded versions of the game, hacks, or codes.

Before you say it's easy and cheap... it is challenging. I know most people do not use the crusade exploit, but I justify it because the computer also does not lose soldiers to desertion and the computer cheats in other ways. This is much like playing poker with deuces wild. It's still an even game, but the game is different. And beating the game by turn 60 is not easy even using the crusade tactic.

If you have absolutely no life whatsoever, you can view each and every turn of the game by downloading the links below. Each turn is labeled. Sorry about the order; that is how they arrived via email and I was too lazy to switch them around to look better.

If you have slightly more of a life but are still interested, I recommend viewing the game in 5 turn increments. Or 10. Or whatever you prefer.

At least view turn 1, turn 15, turn 30, turn 45, turn 58. I put a lot of effort into saving each turn and beating the game as fast as possible without using codes, mods, or hacks.

For your convenience, here is the starting turn and the final turn.

File Name: England turn 1.sav
    Download Link: http://www.sendspace.com/file/e5olt2

File Name: Victory England 58.sav
    Download Link: http://www.sendspace.com/file/7bhzlw

Turn 1 shows probably the best first move. Thanks and credit go to SlicenDice for teaching me that it is possible to purchase Angers and Toulouse from France on the first turn.

Turn 58 would have been impossible without the moves on turn 1.

I may annotate this game in the next several days, so check back. I might be providing a blow-by-blow description of the entire game. So even if you DONT want to download any files or try them out on an unmodified game, you may want to see the commentary for each of the 58 moves.

I won't be going into gory details, however, such as moving a spy or a diplomat. Just major events neccessary to finish the game.

HERE IT IS: The updated link which contains all the files for a single download. (zipped)
    ======================================================
    http://www.sendspace.com/file/tiv9m7

==============================================
    Good luck, and thanks for reading my post.
    Last edited by Askthepizzaguy; 07-20-2007 at 07:33.
    #Winstontoostrong
    #Montytoostronger

Default Re: England: Turn by turn (links provided here)

Not very long long campaigns... Well, congratulations for your quick victories. Me, I prefer slower paced campaigns with many open field battles. I tend to establish a country with solid borders and then send armies around to challenge enemy armies and maybe take a town or two.
    Unfortunately I do not have any insults this time, maybe I'll think of some later. Nor any questions since I'm pretty sure someone else will ask about the life thing. Comments? Well, a good post, I found it interesting enough to read it to the end. Compliments? (see "insults".) I admit I didn't download anything. (Hey I got a life!) I'm using the patch.

To take screenshots press "Print Scrn" and the game will create a screenshot in the "tgas" folder. You may want to convert them to other file type like .jpg or was it .jpeg. (Someone correct me if I missed something or got something wrong...)

Cheers, Guru
    Pinky: "Gee Brain, what do you want to do tonight?"
    The Brain: "The same thing we do every night, Pinky - Try to take over the world!"

Quote Originally Posted by Guru
    To take screenshots press "Print Scrn" and the game will create a screenshot in the "tgas" folder. You may want to convert them to other file type like .jpg or was it .jpeg. (Someone correct me if I missed something or got something wrong...)

Cheers, Guru
    Print Scrn?

I'm still lost.
    #Winstontoostrong
    #Montytoostronger

Here is a little picture, hope you'll find the button!
    The Brain: "The same thing we do every night, Pinky - Try to take over the world!"

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOL

...to those of you who may be lost, I use a laptop. There IS no print scrn button on my computer.

I am betting you thought I was a NOOOOOB!

Sucks to be me, then.
    Thanks for the advice, though... just a shame my computer doesnt have that button.
    Last edited by Askthepizzaguy; 06-16-2007 at 14:16. Reason: clarification
    #Winstontoostrong
    #Montytoostronger

Yes, it's a beefy laptop. My old pc cant even run these games.
    #Winstontoostrong
    #Montytoostronger

Quote Originally Posted by askthepizzaguy
    I am betting you thought I was a NOOOOOB!
    Actually I got a twisted sense of humour. Those so called "NOOBS" rarely post threads like you did. Going a bit off-topic but what laptop you have? Btw, check if the print screen button is labelled as "Sys Rq" on your laptop.

-- Guru

Actually I got a twisted sense of humour. Those so called "NOOBS" rarely post threads like you did. Going a bit off-topic but what laptop you have? Btw, check if the print screen button is labelled as "Sys Rq" on your laptop.

-- Guru
    I have an HP Pavillion zd8000, customized with the maximum available memory and add-ons. Don't ask me about the specs, because it's all greek to me. Many florins were spent in its acquisition.

All I know is it is very heavy, it overheats, but it handles games like a dream.
    By the way, no sys rq button either. I'm lucky I have a number pad.

*Enjoys the fact that this back and forth dialogue is keeping this post visible.
    #Winstontoostrong
    #Montytoostronger

Here is a little picture, hope you'll find the button!
    If only women were that easy....
    Still maintain that crying on the pitch should warrant a 3 match ban

You dont need that print scrn button to take screenshots!
    Use a third party screenshot capture program, like Fraps! Take screenshots by pressing "F10" or "ö" if you wish! Its very easy to use... What is more, you can capture videos too. I probably got the "genius" trait, took only this long to figure that out. In fact I tested like 6 screenshot capture programs before recommending Fraps...

-- Guru

what's the research thing as mentioned in the title? I found no research thingy at all.

Guardian of the Fleet Senior Member Shahed's Avatar

Good post pizzaguy ! IIRC you can also just change the screenshot key to make it any you want it to be in the options. So what's the Princess doing in Jeddah ? (lol) She's trying to hook some rich oil sheikh ! Also, just an idea you could zip all the saves into one file and post em to sendspace, in addition. So that way people can just download the whole thing if they want to browse through the turns.

Quote Originally Posted by HoreTore
    I think they are/can be. If you start a topic on the subject be sure to let me know about it, or if you frequent any other forums where this is already being discussed let me know. Got a lot of theories on that species.
    Last edited by Shahed; 06-16-2007 at 19:05.
    If you remember me from M:TW days add me on Steam, do mention your org name.

http://www.steamcommunity.com/id/__shak

Senior Member Senior Member Forward Observer's Avatar

You dont need that print scrn button to take screenshots!
    Use a third party screenshot capture program, like Fraps! Take screenshots by pressing "F10" or "ö" if you wish! Its very easy to use... What is more, you can capture videos too. I probably got the "genius" trait, took only this long to figure that out. In fact I tested like 6 screenshot capture programs before recommending Fraps...

-- Guru
    I also use FRAPS, but it's hard to find an unused button that does not have some other application in at least one of the games I play, so I chose the Print screen button.

The down side to this is that I am still putting a TGA file in the game screen shot directory that I have to remember to clear out periodically. I don't particularily dislike TGA picture files, but a lot of simple free picture editing software that I use simply can't open them--stuff like Paint, Office picture editor, etc.

What would be the simplist way to disable the screen shot function of the game? (BTW you cannot disable it in the key options of the game--you can add a second key but not remove the Print screen key)

Cheers
    Artillery adds dignity to what would otherwise be a vulgar brawl.

Quote Originally Posted by HoreTore

What is this... "women".... you speak of? Even more puzzling. My computer doesn't have a button for that either. People have some fancy keyboards these days.
    #Winstontoostrong
    #Montytoostronger

Quote Originally Posted by darth_napo
    what's the research thing as mentioned in the title? I found no research thingy at all.
    Research was the category closest to what I was looking for.

To enable viewers to see a turn-by-turn method of rapidly conquering the world and give them tips on how to do it was my project. I don't think an entire game has been done before, from first to last turn.
    #Winstontoostrong
    #Montytoostronger

[QUOTE=Sinan]Good post pizzaguy ! IIRC you can also just change the screenshot key to make it any you want it to be in the options. So what's the Princess doing in Jeddah ?[QUOTE]

1) Does IIRC stand for if I recall?

2) I was unaware that I could chose a print scrn key via the options menu. Thanks!

3) The princess in Jedda is from my France game as I recall. She must have been born and travelled along with her daddy on his non-stop conquer-the-world tour. Then, when he got to Arabia, he decided to ditch her. And no wonder, she's not that charming.

The princesses have pretty faces, but their personalities must be like Paris Hilton or something.

(Looks ok but is stuck-up, has a yappy little dog, sleeps around, and drinks. And did I mention stupid?)
    #Winstontoostrong
    #Montytoostronger

I have some homework to do, but I will be responding to everyone's posts, and then I will work on posting SCREENSHOTS and annotating this game.

Upated the links above to a single zipped file. Man, that could have saved me a bunch of work.
    Last edited by Askthepizzaguy; 06-17-2007 at 00:01.
    #Winstontoostrong
    #Montytoostronger

askthepizzaguy - IIRC means If I Remember Correctly, which is not to different to If I Recall.

Quote Originally Posted by YAKOBU
    askthepizzaguy - IIRC means If I Remember Correctly, which is not to different to If I Recall.

That does it. I'm going to start inventing my own acronyms.

TDIIGTSIMOA!!!

(that does it I'm going to start inventing my own acronyms)

Pronounced "t-DIG-z'mowa". Use it in everyday language.
    #Winstontoostrong
    #Montytoostronger

EDIT: first few images lost... see below for some.
    Last edited by Askthepizzaguy; 04-08-2008 at 02:41.
    #Winstontoostrong
    #Montytoostronger

The images and the rest of the story are hidden... How will you ever find them?

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

The next target is Bordeaux. Then Spain, then Africa, then Newfoundland, then the world! Also, Rennes has been sacked. In order to expand as fast as possible, I will need to figure out a way to snap up those French cities before I get excommunicated. Methinks ballistas are the way to go...

Heading to Caerbannog, home of the Killer Rabbit... I mean Caernarvon.

Seiging Bordeaux, sending reinforcements from Rennes.

Used the navy to transport to Dublin, sacked it after a bloody battle, and shipped off straightaway to Wales.

Laying seige to the Rabbit. Don't think those reinforcements will make it in time.

Just as I sacked Bordeaux, Sicily invades!!! Oh no! Oh woe is me! Curses and Drat! How will I ever survive? Answer: send a diplomat to make nice with the idiots, and crush them later.
    Last edited by Askthepizzaguy; 07-20-2007 at 07:34.
    #Winstontoostrong
    #Montytoostronger

Quote Originally Posted by Sinan
    IIRC you can also just change the screenshot key to make it any you want it to be in the options.
    I tried this too before trying any programs, didn't figure out how it worked though. I'm not a wizard when it comes to computers.
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

When you post many large pictures it might be wise to "spoiler" them. Some people still may have a slow internet connection. You can use the fat "B" button between the "php" and "ABC" buttons in the reply window. You could also post them as small, clickable pictures like Jong did here. I don't know how it's done but I'd like to know though.

- Guru out.

England: The saga continues. Clicky the button.

===============================================

Caernarvon has been sacked... most of Scotlands army is away from Scotland. I seem to have beaten them to the punch, and now they are wide open and I can beat them to a pulp. Oh what horrible jokes...
    Get used to them! Bwahahaha!!!

Sicily lays seige to our castle Sire! We're totally defenseless! Our crappy archers just won't cut it against those treacherous Norman fiends!!! Wait... aren't we Normans too?
    P.S. the computer backstabbed me first. Now they are going to get it.

Heading to Belgium for some waffles. Caen produces ballistae.

To Edinburgh! Look how foolish those Scots are, Sire! They have left themselves with a single undefended city, and they are already beginning to reek of death!

Diplomat makes nice with those Norman fools. They accept like the spineless, gutless, brainless zeroes (and ones) that they are.

Turn 8: Diplomat reaches Rome and makes nice with the Roman Senate... I mean His Pontificating Pontiff, or as the French call him, 'le Pope'. I urge his Holy-moleyness to call a crusade against the Moors. But first a stop in Bruges and Antwerp. Those 'Twerps fight like twerps. WHAT THE HECK are the Scots doing in Caen??? That's it... I'm declaring war. I get angry easily.

Here I come you mangy Scotch git. I'm warning you!!
    Last edited by Askthepizzaguy; 06-17-2007 at 09:43.
    #Winstontoostrong
    #Montytoostronger

The saga continues... click

This is for all my homies in Bruges. Those Scots act like they need a friend or something. I took out Bruges with some Ballista so I could take it this turn. Next: The fall of Antwerp.

All too easy. Call me an oppurtunist.

This stack of troops needs a general... and those Moors need to die... Whatever should I do to solve both problems simultaneously?

For some reason, Scotland isn't attacking my helpless undefended settlement. I guess they want me to spare their lives... (this is the first part of the epic tale of Scots in Ireland, a musical opening on Broadway this week. Get your tickets now before they sell out.)

'Twerp has been taken. Those Belgian waffles were delicious. Heading to Spain now.
    #Winstontoostrong
    #Montytoostronger

Here's the part where I conquer Scotland and really begin crusading.

Inverness is the last stop on my tour of the British Isles. Apparently, that is what I named them, even though my King is a Norman. They should be called the English Isles, as my faction is English... or Norman... or maybe they are Communist. I don't know anymore. At least I'm not Welsh.

Here I come you Moorish... uh, Moors. France joins the crusade, apparently.

After wiping the Moors off my boot, and promoting captain Whats-his-name to a full fledged member of my royal family, I invite him to join the crusade.

Others join the crusade as well. The French are trespassing on my land, therefore they must die.

The remaining forces in England join as well. Inverness is MINE!

Turn 12. 5 crusading armies make their way south. Meanwhile, I use the sudden monetary gains from not paying for my troops to... gain more troops.

Zaragosa will be mine. General whats-his-face arrives by ship.

Eddie Canmore says that after he kills me, my entire family will be next. He never makes good on this threat. Instead, he and his entire army stand perfectly motionless for the next 50 turns.
    #Winstontoostrong
    #Montytoostronger

Here's the part where I betray my allies, the French.

I lay seige to Eld Cid the Victorious and his band of merry men. Other stack camps in Holy Toledo. It looks like France will get to the target before I will... those treacherous swine!

Mine armies of Christ continue to move south of the border. I bet those Spaniards wish they had a fence. Oh, the irony.

My armies move into position, preparing for the crusade to end ever so quickly. Frenchmen inside of Paris prepare to surrender like the monkeys they are.

My army of peasants needs a brave general to lead them to victory against the infidels.

Those French may have some fight in them yet. But once they are inside those city walls, they are doomed... DOOMED!

Why fight the moors when you have brave Frenchmen ready to die for you?
    Meanwhile, a general lands in Algiers and lays seige.

Onward Christian soldier!

I recruit and recruit and recruit until there are no such things as florins.

Okay, twelve. But I'm saving those.

Ballistas + Horsies = dead Frenchies. This is for accidentally traspassing into my holy land, which is Caen apparenly. Caen you understand the words that are comming out of my mouth?

Frenchies sack Cordoba, I sack Algiers. Meanwhile, I betray those Portugese who live not in Portugal. Not for long, that is.

Not sure why I took this photo. Those are some nice dirt roads. Paris is under seige way off in the distance. Oh, how I need a girlfriend.

That's 40 photos so far, the turn number is 15, and I own the British Isles, half of France, a third of Spain, and Algeria. Not bad for a Welshman.

More photos are coming, so stay tuned. Also feel free to comment.
    #Winstontoostrong
    #Montytoostronger

Keep them coming, please. I enjoy those comments...

Great job askthepizzaguy, keep posts coming !
    The Truth is from thy Lord; so be not at all in doubt. The Heifer (Al-Baqarah)-147

Quote Originally Posted by -Amon-
    Great job askthepizzaguy, keep posts coming !
    Stay tuned Guru and Amon, my loyal fans...
    Daddy has to go to sleep for a few hours, then he will post more photos and commentary. I have almost 300 photos to share.

I believe the correct reaction is: to cream your pants.
    #Winstontoostrong
    #Montytoostronger

C'mon, sleeping is an unnecessary reaction

However, I'm waiting impatiently..
    The Truth is from thy Lord; so be not at all in doubt. The Heifer (Al-Baqarah)-147

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast