Thread: Rebel Diplomat...

Question Rebel Diplomat...

I just had the most bizarre thin' happen to me in RTW since it came out.. I had Cathage rebel from under me while bein' besieged by Numidians and a rebel diplomat asked me for ceasefire which I accepted.

now all rebels are neutral to me and a roman lookin' rebel diplomat Isaac near one of my towns...

this is my Brutii short campain on M/VH and I have it saved... if anybody wants to check it out then PM redriver and I send ya the file.

Honorary Argentinian Senior Member Gyroball Champion, Karts Champion Caius's Avatar

Default Re: Rebel Diplomat...

Yeh, its a bug.

Its supposed to disband diplomats, but sometimes they dont.

Names, secret names
    But never in my favour
    But when all is said and done
    It's you I love

thats really strange because when I played as rebels (I don't know why but I recruited a diplomat) I didn't have any diplomatic options.

RTW V1.5 & BI V1.6 Member Severous's Avatar

Hi

Do you think the two unusual things are connected?

1) Carthage city rebels whilst being besieged

2) Rebel diplomat appears and asks for a ceasefire

I dont think they are.

Carthage is a big city and as Romans its hard to control when first captured unless you enslve or exterminate. So having it rebel after two turns of public order below 70% is to be expected.

Rebel diplomats. Ive seen these before. Generally some 15+ years into the game. I believe they are diplomats of factions that have been destroyed. They retain sleaves the same colour as thier original faction but are now rebel faction controlled.

But how would such a rebel diplomat appear at Carthage? Thats whats your post suggests. Yet there would be no diplomats from destroyed factions in north africa...unless it was an ex carthage diplomat. Yet he looked Roman? Maybe Carthage bribed a Roman diplomat to its faction then when Carthage faction was destroyed the ex Roman diplomat went Rebel?
    Regards
    (RTW Eras: RTW V1.5 and BI V1.6 No Mods)

Currently writing a Scipii AAR (with pictures)
    https://forums.totalwar.org/vb/showthread.php?t=91877

Barbarian Invasion. Franks hold out against the world.
    https://forums.totalwar.org/vb/showthread.php?t=77526

there was no fation destroyed that turn... all african factions are still there. the rebels had some greek and egypt units. also, I've never had a town revolt whilst bein' besieged before. even with 0 public order.
    now I see the reb diplomat crusin' 'round on a rebel fleet and pop out here and there randomly lookin' for an easy to bribe town

maybe he was inside the fleet of a faction that was destroyed earlier?

Illuminated Moderator Pogo Panic Champion, Graveyard Champion, Missle Attack Champion, Ninja Kid Champion, Pop-Up Killer Champion, Ratman Ralph Champion GeneralHankerchief's Avatar
    Blog Entries

After a while (I'm talking 170 BC here) Rebel diplomats just show up too, they're not part of any faction. They usually hold Biblical names like Abraham and Soloman. In my Scipii campaign I'm currently allied with 'em.
    "I'm going to die anyway, and therefore have nothing more to do except deliberately annoy Lemur." -Orb, in the chat
    "Lemur. Even if he's innocent, he's a pain; so kill him." -Ignoramus
    "I'm going to need to collect all of the rants about the guilty lemur, and put them in a pretty box with ponies and pink bows. Then I'm going to sprinkle sparkly magic dust on the box, and kiss it." -Lemur
    Mafia: Promoting peace and love since June 2006

Quote Originally Posted by TosaInu
    At times I read back my own posts [...]. It's not always clear at first glance.

The Ultimate Grand Inquisitor! Member UltraWar's Avatar

It'd be good to see a screen shot of this rebel diplomat.

yep i was besiging the Rebel capital one time which happened to be on Palma and when i was besiging it a diplomat walked out of it lol (Rebel) then when i won the battle 5-7 diplomats fell down dead lmao i think only the capital can recruit them though (on EB the rebel capital can recruit all units so i figure the capital can on vanilla also)

There have been times that a rebel diplomat has come to me asking for a ceasefire.

There have even been two who asked for an alliance. Being at war with just about everybody else, I accepted in order to have a trading partner as well as an ally of sorts.

Eventually, they did attack me again, but the reprieve made it easier for me to destroy other hostile factions.

Strength and Honor

Celt Centurion

Cool Re: Rebel Diplomat...

forgot to mention I don't have EB it's RTW 1.5 unmodded.

Wink Re: Rebel Diplomat...

Quote Originally Posted by redriver
    forgot to mention I don't have EB it's RTW 1.5 unmodded.

oh i know i had the diplomat b4 i got EB i actually havent played vanilla since EB but im just saying that its probly set up the same way where the capital can recruit all the units

On my Julii game, I wasnt fighting the gauls for a while and I was fighting alot of rebels in Italy. I had a Rebel diplomat ask for a ceasefire and got money for trade and sold map info! I didnt think about it at the time but I havent had a Rebel diplomat since. I wish there were more of those.
    "Success is how high you bounce when you hit the bottom..."
    -General George S. Patton, US Army