Thread: Only one man in unit having alpha problems

Default Only one man in unit having alpha problems

This is a little weird, but we've had some trouble with the first man in a unit having alpha problems (the alpha channels are showing up as black on the unit, or other parts of the skin that should be covered are showing), BUT it just happens on the man on the front row, on the far left of his unit (right when facing the unit).

Is that something simple? I'm not a unit art guy, but I haven't seen an answer for it on our forum. All the other guys in that same unit look just fine. Weird.

Shaidar Haran Senior Member SAM Site Champion Myrddraal's Avatar

Default Re: Only one man in unit having alpha problems

Weird. I'm afraid I can't help...

Finder of Little Oddities Senior Member Makanyane's Avatar

is there anything odd about its EDU entry? Just wondering as that would be the position next to officer / standard bearer if it had one. I did find something strange before when I had a ;comment without tab on end of the line above officer and it resulted in banners ending up twenty foot above unit

wonder if you might have got something similar which is confusing it as to whether it has officer or not?
    Not used mods before? Looking for something small and fun?!
    Download the:

you ain't seen me, right!!. Member satanea juda's Avatar

I've seen this mentioned a few times at TWC, it was a problem with a few BI vannila units, (the celtic crossbows iirc, were one) not sure how it was fixed if at all, though adding m to the model flexi line in the dmb seems to ring a bell, i know that fixed the bugged arm of the preventories(sp)...can't swear to it though..

model_flexi_m

Anything that isn't 'member' Member Squid's Avatar

Silly question, but aren't the officers always on the left of the unit at the front (right when looking at it head on), so is it the officer that is having the alpha problems?

-Trait/Ancillary/Building Editor

"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity;
    and I'm not sure about the universe." -----Albert Einstein

I had this same problem until I started saving my images as interpoliated alphas. If that is not what you are doing, try it.