Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: So....Coolness

Default So....Coolness

So....whats cool about Warhammer?

Is it the fact that OS BOYZ IZ GONNA 'ET US SUM HUMIE SKULLZ

Or is it the fact that you go and quest for the grail as a chivalrous knight

Like guns blowing the shit out of monsters?

Or will the undead rule the world?

What do you find cool about warhammeR!!!

I personally love the fact that goodness is sorrounded and on the floor....that its barely surviving....the empire is what I find cool in warhammer....against all odds normal people fight against gargantuan beasts and prevail....but hey WHAT DO YOU FIND COOL ABOUT WARHAMMER!!!???!!!!

This place called Mars... do you know of it?

Default Re: So....Coolness

Orks, Rats, Humans, hot Elves and Dark Elves, Giant monsters, and dead things. What's not to love.
    "No one said it was gonna be easy! If it was, everyone would do it..that's who you know who really wants it."

All us men suffer in equal parts, it's our lot in life, and no man goes without a broken heart or a lost love. Like holding your dog as he takes his last breath and dies in your arms, it's a rite of passage. Unavoidable. And honestly, I can't imagine life without that depth of feeling.-Bierut

WAR ... with big hammers!

No namby-pamby clean cut heroes winning the day.... just good old fashioned xenophobic killing.
    Careless Orc Costs Lives!

I like almost everything about warhammer, it's a kinda dark universe with lots of cool races and nations. The only thing i DONT like is the technology of some races. Some muscettes and cannons are fine, but the Dwarves got helicopters and the Empire has mechanical robot horses, the last one would fit better in 40k than fantasy. Except for that, everything is cool.

Bringer of the End Times Member alexader's Avatar

i think warhammer is a game that includes almost everything,like the tales or myths,i just want to say that INCLUDES ALMOST EVERYTHING from history or tales ,i can't do that more easy,all of you can see that (from magic to real world and from sword to HELLBLASTER)this game just rocks for the simple reason that includes almost evrything(i can't keep up this,please help)from history to fantasy.IT CONSIST ALMOST EVERYthinggggggggggg.........
    "VAE VICTUS"

I like the fact that within the Warhammer world there is a lot of scope for changes- it's always developing, more is always being added; with something like Lord of the Rings that world is basically set in stone and there is barely any room for changes or new events.
    I have to admit that in myself I love the idea of Warhammer and to my mind the depiction of the different races are spot on- I look at other fantasy stuff with differently realised versions of the races and I can't stand them. For example, to me Orcs are big and musuclar and very green and the LoTR Orcs just don't cut it. So for me the coolness of it all is the fact that it all fits in with the ideas in my head almost perfectly.

Annoying Warhammer know-it-all Member DrZoidberg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DaCrAzYmOfO
    What do you find cool about warhammeR!!!
    I had that discussion today, all hung over from an all nighter of Guitar Hero2. I've studied plenty of philosophy and we analysed fantasy role playing games. Especially AD&D and Warhammer.

So with risk of sounding amazingly deep, what I like about Warhammer is it's depth.

First up. They haven't made up anything at all. There's no freaky fantasy unit somebody pulled out of their ass as in AD&D. Everything is based on something that exists in the world today and aplied to very well known symbols in fantasy or history.

Orcs is everything you find annoying about stupid people. It's the morons at the pub who pick fights because they're just too dumb to enjoy anything cerebral. The ultimate sports suporters.

Elves, is everything you find annoying about celebreties. People who are aloof and just think they're soooo amazing. They do look good, and they are smart, but they are so self conscious about it that they turn into a parodies of themselves.

Chaos is a breakdown of evil. Evil doens't really exist. Any person with two braincells have worked out that long time ago. People who do evil things have just got some of their facts wrong. That's what Chaos in Warhammer is about. Nurgle followers think they are good. Slaaneshians do think they're having fun on other peoples expense, but they don't think they're any more evil than others. And so on. They're basically built on the concept of evil as put forward by Hanna Arendt in "The banality of evil". Consiously or not.

The Empire is off-course built on the mideival christian countries and holy roman empire. They're the good guys, but they do good to such a exagerated extent that it becomes evil.

Bretonnia is off-course the parody of questing knights. And it's hillarious that allthough the Bretonnian knights are the most glorious and self sacrificing lot in all of Warhammer, the Bretonnian pesantry are the most opressed in all of Warhammer. Just hillarious.

And so it goes for each and every race in Warhammer. There has gone so much work into making each race work logically, and they're all caricatures of something. Or caricatures of immiges of something. Skaven are caricatures of the Nazi immage of Jews. And nothing is holy. There is nothing at all anywhere in the Warhammer universe that doesn't in some way make a complete ass of themselves.

This is my 2 cents at least.
    Last edited by DrZoidberg; 06-17-2007 at 14:40.
    Sorry you must have been boring. -Dr Zoidberg

I love the Lizardmen of Warhammer. Heh, go figure. I don't know about anyone else, but I loved playing with Dinos as a kid. Now thinking that there are humanoids 2 feet taller than a man that are basically killing machines, it's awesome. I also like that the Slann, though arguably the most powerful mortal creatures, are so few and are so not active that it prevents the lizardmen race from growing into the Empire it arguably could.

Quote Originally Posted by DrZoidberg

Bretonnia is off-course the parody of questing knights. And it's hillarious that allthough the Bretonnian knights are the most glorious and self sacrificing lot in all of Warhammer, the Bretonnian pesantry are the most opressed in all of Warhammer. Just hillarious.

HELL YES!!!

Dang, I mean questing knights and whatnot....but the peasants are beat over with a stick..... sounds kinda french ;P

Everything.
    To the gothic knights and witch hunters of the Empire, the grim knights of brettonia, the wild wood elves, the superstar high elves, the twisted dark elves and the evil chaos. And all the other races.

I guess I enjoy the no-nonsense aspect of Warhammer: it's about war and nothing else, with no pretensions of one race being the good guys and another the bad. I think they did it more successfully ambiguous in 40k, but it's still refreshing that no race is inherently good, and all of the races could be considered evil, apart from the Lizardmen, who seem just about the definition of neutrality (neutrality in a "Beat the tar out of everyone equally" sense, not in a fence-sitter sense).

Personally I think the original orcs of LOTR were pretty neat, as were the elves before D&D warped them into anorexic male models, but honestly how can you beat the big greenskins?

My faves are the lizardmen, though I preferred the original look: the aztec style is very evocative, but I don't like the tusks and crests, the don't look "lizardy" enough for me. I take it that the mod will be based on the up-to-date Frilled Lizards as opposed to the earlier ones?

"Know, O Prince, that between the years when the oceans drank Atlantis and the gleaming cities, and the years of the rise of the Sons of Aryas, there was an age undreamed of, when shining kingdoms lay spread across the world, like blue mantles beneath the stars...
    Is fhearr fheuchainn na bhith san duil.

Empire. nuff said

Warhammer: Total War Team Member Krazysigmarite's Avatar

Karl Kopinski's Luthor Huss
    That basically sums it up.

[QUOTE=Taranaich]apart from the Lizardmen, who seem just about the definition of neutrality (neutrality in a "Beat the tar out of everyone equally" sense, not in a fence-sitter sense).QUOTE]

Amen to that. Why have friends when you can woop everyones ass?

Short stout beardy things. with catapults. And guns. And axes. And BEER!

Any guesses what army I play... ?
    Mod leader of Warhammer; Total War

I think Dwarves,right?(by the way i am playing Empire)
    "VAE VICTUS"

Naked Game Fanatic Member Murfios's Avatar

The scotish accent in Dwarves.

yes, I think the most suitable is the scottish accent for dwarves,this is perfect
    "VAE VICTUS"

oh NOM NOM NOM Member Spankfurt's Avatar

The names of the empire(germans make me laugh)

And also, like dacrazymofo said, How the empire, just normal humans, got to be as powerfull as it is against masses or orcs, undead chaos monsters and all the other massive scary things
    ­­well guys, im off like a lepper teste

I love how a little rat about as powerful as... well a rat is laughed at, but at 5pts each you might just be a little screwed

I saw in a match report that there was about 25-40 high elf model(one was a bolt thrower) against 225 goblins, itsz just so awsome that its possible to field armies this big using so little points.

I'm a Greebskin collector, I also love the fact that if your mage sucks his head could explode or somehow managed to make a more effective version of the spell.
    Waiting for Broken Crescent and Warhammer Mod for Medieval2, the best mods out there.

hey welcome to the forums!

Quote Originally Posted by alexader
    yes, I think the most suitable is the scottish accent for dwarves,this is perfect

Scottish/Welsh, depending on region, as seen in SotHR... that worked well for me!

Since my adventure with Warhammer started with WFRP, I mostly love it`s universe for it`s dark complexity, and cool renesaince decadent atmosphere.

WAR...... just perpetual war now that's what I love about Warhammer

and then there is......... well EVERYTHING
    Ambassador from The RTS Gamers Union

Beards and beer. Yes, I play Dwarves.

I like halflings too though.

So far, we got the beards and beer angle well covered! Still got a few more units to add to their build list, and I need to have a go at the siege weapons too.

Would my old WHTW/RTW mortar and cannon models be of any use?

Not sure.... thanks for the offer. It really depends on how much they have changed the specs on these things. If I can convert them, I will let you know

I love the fact how hordes of little guys charge, and then followed by massive monsters, no balanced army taking victory.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast