Thread: Roman Mythology comes alive

Default Roman Mythology comes alive

With this new game

http://www.godsandheroes.com/

Might be interesting addition to the real world of Roman warfare, to delve back into Roman mythology and fight creatures and other armies of prehistory ..

R
    Rorarii

Camillus, Savior of Rome.

Default Re: Roman Mythology comes alive

"Online Multiplayer Squad Combat Adventure" game... Wonder how the squad command will control, when you likely need to focus on your own actions. Looks promising graphicswise in their frontpage movie.

Having problems getting EB2 to run? Try these solutions.
    ================
    I do NOT answer PM requests for help with EB. Ask in a new help thread in the tech help forum.
    ================
    I think computer viruses should count as life. I think it says something about human nature that the only form of life we have created so far is purely destructive. We've created life in our own image. - Stephen Hawking

Absolutly not my thing. I cant stand seeing "Ancient Rome" and this kind of "Mythology" put in one game. It doesnt seem like if they belong together and it maybe fits to the greeks, but not to the romans IMO.
    I like to conquer.

graduated non-expert Member jerby's Avatar

nice for a videogame...though with gods, priests, hunters, etc....

It'll probably become a 1 vs 100 slaughterfest with "kickass moves" and all...
    I didn't even see a scutum or hoplon in their weapon lineup. The featured Kopis/Machaira was "essenitally a large knife"...

"Roman Mythology"? Blech. What do they get excited about that is really roman?

That's like getting all excited about "American Chinese Food". Yeah, it may be good, but it's because it is originally from somewhere else and it was really good there first. If Roman Mythology is interesting it's because they got it somewhere else.

Quote Originally Posted by Teleklos Archelaou
    "Roman Mythology"? Blech. What do they get excited about that is really roman?

That's like getting all excited about "American Chinese Food". Yeah, it may be good, but it's because it is originally from somewhere else and it was really good there first. If Roman Mythology is interesting it's because they got it somewhere else.
    De facto