Thread: A need for clarification to the Org's rules

Jillian & Allison's Daddy Senior Member Don Corleone's Avatar

Default A need for clarification to the Org's rules

It has recently come to my attention that warning points may be issued, up to two in fact, for issuing opinions which take issue with positions agreed to by the generally left-leaning moderators of the Backroom. While sometimes this is faulted as inappropriate language, in reality, it must be the ideological slant of these terms which is being punished as insulting statements towards Christians, Americans and "the Right" have been forwarded to the moderators and no warning points were issued in these cases.

I think you should explicitly highlight this bias in the Org rules, that statements made from a 'right of center' viewpoint will have an extra onus upon them of being in the least threatening manner. I for one did not know that I could be warned for taking issue with the views of another member. I'm sure I'm not the only one who needs to be made aware of this policy.
    "A man who doesn't spend time with his family can never be a real man."
    Don Vito Corleone: The Godfather, Part 1.

"Then wait for them and swear to God in heaven that if they spew that bull to you or your family again you will cave there heads in with a sledgehammer"
    Strike for the South

Nur-ad-Din Forum Administrator TosaInu's Avatar

Default Re: A need for clarification to the Org's rules

Hello Don Corleone,

I'm sorry, I'm a bit lost, I'ld probably be that anyway, but I think it would help if you made it more explicit what's said where and when. Do you have links and please explain a bit more?
    Ja mata

TosaInu

I believe the moderator who issued the warning point and the one who issued the appeal have issued their final verdicts. Would it be acceptable to discuss this case publicly now, as it no longer is ongoing?

"Then wait for them and swear to God in heaven that if they spew that bull to you or your family again you will cave there heads in with a sledgehammer"
    Strike for the South

Master of the Horse Senior Member Pindar's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Don Corleone
    I believe the moderator who issued the warning point and the one who issued the appeal have issued their final verdicts. Would it be acceptable to discuss this case publicly now, as it no longer is ongoing?
    I'm interested in an answer to this question as well.

"We are lovers of beauty without extravagance and of learning without loss of vigor." -Thucydides

"The secret of Happiness is Freedom, and the secret of Freedom, Courage." -Thucydides

Quote Originally Posted by Pindar
    I'm interested in an answer to this question as well.
    So am I
    There are few things more annoying than some idiot who has never done anything trying to say definitively how something should be done.

Sua Sponte

I do not know of any of it being true, but further explanation and proof would be satisfactory.
    Emotion, passions, and desires are, thus peace is not.
    Emotion: you have it or it has you.

---

Pay heed to my story named The Thief in the Mead Hall.
    No.

---

Check out some of my music.

Sovereign Oppressor Member TIE Fighter Shooter Champion, Turkey Shoot Champion, Juggler Champion Kralizec's Avatar

This is about the post about people immigrating from Massachusetts?

I'm discussing the matter with the moderator(s) involved. I apologize, I was premature in starting a thread here. If after I've exhausted the PM discussion outlet no satisfactory resolution to my original post has been made, I will resume the discussion in this thread. I don't think it fair to the moderators to engage them in a PM discussion and a Watchtower discussion thread.

Strike for the South

Thumbs up Re: A need for clarification to the Org's rules

Quote Originally Posted by Don Corleone
    I'm discussing the matter with the moderator(s) involved. I apologize, I was premature in starting a thread here. If after I've exhausted the PM discussion outlet no satisfactory resolution to my original post has been made, I will resume the discussion in this thread. I don't think it fair to the moderators to engage them in a PM discussion and a Watchtower discussion thread.

Abandon all hope.