Thread: Hysteroi Pezetaroi

Default Hysteroi Pezetaroi

I've seen some sub threads about this topic, however, it has never been fully answered. I believe the correct way to aquire these units as Makedonia is to basically wait until you have an Imperial Palace on the Italian Penisula, somewhat like the Vanilla Marian Refoms, but in the other threads, there hasn't been any confirmation i've seen. The year is 236 BC, I am playing as Makedonia. I have 3 imperial palaces in Italy in Roma, Capua, and Ariminium. Do i have to wait until any year. I do not see them recruitable in any of my empire's cities. Do i need a level 5 MIC? Can someone please give me exactly what i need to do.....or even what i could mod to recruit these units?

Ming the Merciless is my idol Senior Member Watchman's Avatar

Default Re: Hysteroi Pezetaroi

Just to check, but... have you remembered to turn on the campaign script every time you load a game ?
    "Let us remember that there are multiple theories of Intelligent Design. I and many others around the world are of the strong belief that the universe was created by a Flying Spaghetti Monster. --- Proof of the existence of the FSM, if needed, can be found in the recent uptick of global warming, earthquakes, hurricanes, and other natural disasters. Apparently His Pastaness is to be worshipped in full pirate regalia. The decline in worldwide pirate population over the past 200 years directly corresponds with the increase in global temperature. Here is a graph to illustrate the point."

-Church of the Flying Spaghetti Monster

Sovereign Oppressor Member TIE Fighter Shooter Champion, Turkey Shoot Champion, Juggler Champion Kralizec's Avatar

I don't think that the "march of time" reforms is dependent on turns...

I've seen some sub threads about this topic, however, it has never been fully answered. I believe the correct way to aquire these units as Makedonia is to basically wait until you have an Imperial Palace on the Italian Penisula, somewhat like the Vanilla Marian Refoms, but in the other threads, there hasn't been any confirmation i've seen. The year is 236 BC, I am playing as Makedonia. I have 3 imperial palaces in Italy in Roma, Capua, and Ariminium. Do i have to wait until any year. I do not see them recruitable in any of my empire's cities. Do i need a level 5 MIC? Can someone please give me exactly what i need to do.....or even what i could mod to recruit these units?
    Quote Originally Posted by Watchman
    Just to check, but... have you remembered to turn on the campaign script every time you load a game ?

They only need the vanilla Marian event, which is not a part of the EB backround script, if you have forget to turn on the script, the reforms will still happen (but you won't see the cool EB stuff).

I don't know he conditionals of this reform only that it happens after a certain date and the imperial palace thing build in the prvince with the italy hidden resource. I remember from RTW that the reforms happen after a random number of turns after the conditional are met, and not exactly on the same turn
    In my 0.81a Makedonian campaign I got the reform somewhere around 200 ~ 220, but i didn't saw an announcement (afaik this is only for the roamans). The Hysteroi Pezhetairoi are afaik recruitable in level 4 mic in many gov 2 regions around greece/little asia.

The vanilla reform thingy is (obviously) independent of the EB script, but I was wondering if the linked EB factional reform thingys weren't.
    "Let us remember that there are multiple theories of Intelligent Design. I and many others around the world are of the strong belief that the universe was created by a Flying Spaghetti Monster. --- Proof of the existence of the FSM, if needed, can be found in the recent uptick of global warming, earthquakes, hurricanes, and other natural disasters. Apparently His Pastaness is to be worshipped in full pirate regalia. The decline in worldwide pirate population over the past 200 years directly corresponds with the increase in global temperature. Here is a graph to illustrate the point."

Is there any way to mod the unit so that they are not tied to the Vanilla Marian Reform? I checked their description and stats, and i see where you can modify their armour, attack, attributes, etc, however, can their appearance be modified?

Unit recruitement is controlled by the export_descr_buildings file. And let me tell you, the EB MIC system is a monster... the entires take up like one-fourth of the whole damn file.

There is a way to mod it, but I wouldn't recommend it due to what Watchman says. You'd have to figure out what all the hidden resources are to get it right. There's an easier way though, which is to search for the entry in EDB and make them recruitable by your MIC without any resource requirements (faction requirement should remain at least), which will allow recruitment in any province with that level of MIC. There are several MIC variants on each level, you'll have to experiment.

Having problems getting EB2 to run? Try these solutions.
    ================
    I do NOT answer PM requests for help with EB. Ask in a new help thread in the tech help forum.
    ================
    I think computer viruses should count as life. I think it says something about human nature that the only form of life we have created so far is purely destructive. We've created life in our own image. - Stephen Hawking

I tried it, and it worked. I went to the EDB file, searched for "Hysteroi" and found that unit in two areas. At the end of the entry lines that identify the resources, i simply deleted "and Marian Reforms". I loaded my save gave, and Level 4 MICS showed that unit being recruitable. thanks for the heads up.