Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: The Countries You Have Visited Thread

Smile The Countries You Have Visited Thread

This is the thread where you can sing of your awesome escapades to far off lands... or just tell us about a trip to Scotland. :D

There are no rules... apart from the normal ones of course :P Just try to keep things remotely interesting.

You can count small places (like Mallorca) that are owned by bigger places (Spain) as a seperate 'country' just to confuse people... :D

So go ahead and post a list with some kind of short description of why you went to each country :) I'll start...

1. The Netherlands
      I didn't have much choice about this one. I was born there...
    2. The Canary Islands
      Not much choice about this one either, but I have been informed that it was the location of my first haircut. How sweet...
    3. The United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland :D
      My home, and a rather good one at that.
    4. The Republic of Ireland
      Memories about here are rather vague as I was about six. Oh well...
    5. Portugal
      My main memory about Portugal was having some really excellent 'Stone Steak.' Try it if you have the chance.
    6. France
      I've been skiing here a couple of times, and hung around in a Brittany caravan park once... oh yeah, and I visited the Mont san Michel once. Pizzas there are ridiculously over priced...
    7. Tunisa
      Mostly great: camel riding, nice weather, good food... however my sister nearly got raped and I was robbed of a Dinar by a man on the beach :( ... OK I know they're only worth 50p...
    8. Grand Cayman
      First ever Scuba diving holiday. Brilliant stuff. 26 dives in 10 days, and nothing to Junior rescue diver at the same time :) *smug look*
    9. Chile
      Just a skiing holiday. Not very good as almost all the slopes were closed.
    10. Argentina
      Same skiing holiday, but weather was worse :( Some great off-piste stuff though...
    11. The United States of America (ex-British colony, you've probably heard of it)
      Lots of sunning myself, screaming on roller coasters, a bit of skiing on Mammoth mountain... and thats about it.
    12. The United Arab Emirates
      Great stuff: Driving round dunes in a four-litre Landrover screaming like a maniac, and doing a lot of sitting round in hotels while my cousin did business stuff :(
    13. Italy
      Only a brief visit here, it was on the way to...
    14. Switzerland
      Where I did a 220 metre bungee jump. *shakes at thought*
    15. The Maldives
      Another incredible Scuba diving holiday at the 'Soneva Fushi' resort... good times...
    16. Bonaire
      This was just a refuel stop on the way to...
    17. Peru
      Did a gruelling 5 day trek from the middle of nowhere to Macchu Pichu. Definitely worth it though... even with the mosquitoes :(
    18. Belgium
      School trip around war memorials and battlefields.
    19. Egypt
      Scuba diving in the Red Sea :)
    20. Mallorca
      Lazing round in a crappy resort full of drunk people :(

*wheezes from effort*
    Right, now it's your turn...
    Last edited by Fwapper; 06-17-2007 at 21:37. Reason: Spelling

Self proclaimed loser of 'User Who Looks Most Like His Avatar' competition.

Default Re: The Countries You Have Visited Thread

I'm envious, makes it harder to answer...

Anyway,

1. Gran Canaria almost drank there, was saved by my loving mother, well, I was four then IIRC.

2. France, nothing special really, a mission(in the christian sense) in Metz

3. Switzerland, same thing as France, only in some swiss town.

4. South Africa, headquarters of those missionaries.
    Well, here we got to see quite a lot of interesting things and despite the church service held everyday, it was pretty much like holidays.
    I'd like to make some private holidays there one day.

5. Netherlands, rather boring holidays at the beach and my dad's family lives there, oh and I've seen hookers in Amsterdam...

6. Austria, been there in 10th class, Vienna was quite interesting, but not overwhelming either

7. Czech Republic, well, our excursion in 12th class was to Prague, was quite a bit more interesting than Vienna. Also seen hookers here...and a MiG 27 on a podest somewhere in the outskirts when we drove by in the train...

8. Germany, oh well, born there and living there, surprisingly can't remember seeing any hookers here...

9. England, mostly in the southern parts, thus not GB, London is big and nice, have to go there again one day.

10. Belgium, well there's a stone near Aaachen and you can around it and be in the Netherlands, Belgium and Germany within a few seconds. We also drove through Belgium a few times.

I'm surprised I got 10 together, definitely need to visit more countries in the future if possible.

"Topic is tired and needs a nap." - Tosa Inu

Old Town Road Senior Member Strike For The South's Avatar

1. Mexico..you can buy drugs there
    There, but for the grace of God, goes John Bradford

My aim, then, was to whip the rebels, to humble their pride, to follow them to their inmost recesses, and make them fear and dread us. Fear is the beginning of wisdom.

I am tired and sick of war. Its glory is all moonshine. It is only those who have neither fired a shot nor heard the shrieks and groans of the wounded who cry aloud for blood, for vengeance, for desolation.

lol

Brown or white?
    There are times I wish they’d just ban everything- baccy and beer, burgers and bangers, and all the rest- once and for all. Instead, they creep forward one apparently tiny step at a time. It’s like being executed with a bacon slicer.

“Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly, and applying the wrong remedy.”

To learn who rules over you, simply find out who you are not allowed to criticise.

"The purpose of a university education for Left / Liberals is to attain all the politically correct attitudes towards minorties, and the financial means to live as far away from them as possible."

Sovereign Oppressor Member TIE Fighter Shooter Champion, Turkey Shoot Champion, Juggler Champion Kralizec's Avatar

Uh, it's spelled "Mallorca" and it's not a country, neither is Gran Canaria

Netherlands (home)

United Kingdom been to London once, cool city. Tasted Indian food there for the first time.
    Belgium lived in Zeeuws Vlaanderen (on the border with Belgium) for 5 years when I was a kid, so I've been there plenty of times. Four years ago I've been there again and visited Waterloo.
    France Been to Paris, the Mont san Michel, the Normandy graveyard, etc...
    Germany I visited Germany plenty of times: multiple times with my parents, with a high school trip and two times for skiing. I'd have to say Berlin is one of the more interesting European cities. The architecture, Checkpoint Charlie and the remaining wall pieces allow you to actually feel a bit of the DDR atmosphere.
    Austria for a vacation with my parents a long time ago, and skiing. I've been to Vienna once but I don't recall much of it.
    Italy been to Venice, the two things I remember most of it are water and street salesmen.
    Denmark had to go through Denmark to get to Sweden.
    Sweden been there for a couple of days with a couple of friends, near Gotheberg. It was fun but way to short to really see anything.
    Czech republic been there once with my parents, but I was 5 or 6 so I remember almost nothing specific.
    Spain (specifically, Mallorca) went there a year ago with a couple of friends. Swimming, sailing, driving around the island (that part...turned out not so well), great night life, cheap cigarrettes (the only darn thing that was cheap).....

This summer vacation I'm off to Italy again, spending a couple of days in France before getting there. Should be fun, and not as expensive as my last vacation
    Last edited by Kralizec; 06-17-2007 at 21:30.

There is a vague remembrance telling me there has already been a thread of similarity, but this recollection is possibly false.

Netherlands

Belgium

Germany

England

Surinam

Unites States of America

Czech Republic
    ...and possibly more which I don't recall at the moment.

I am not one who seeks to visit many countries. However, there is a number of nations or general areas I would not mind visiting:

The Middle East
    The North Pole
    The South Pole
    Asia
    (especially North and South Korea)
    Emotion, passions, and desires are, thus peace is not.
    Emotion: you have it or it has you.

---

Pay heed to my story named The Thief in the Mead Hall.
    No.

---

Check out some of my music.

Nice list Husar. Do your 'missions' involve looking out for hookers at all or am I just jumping to conclusions :P

Quote Originally Posted by Kralizec
    Got me there... I'll just make a slight alteration to The Rules and say that little islands owned by bigger countries can be included... and spelling mistakes are forgivable :P

edit: Sorry about the double post.
    Last edited by Fwapper; 06-17-2007 at 21:34.

One easily trifled with Member Target Champion Motep's Avatar

I have gone to Germany! But I cant remember...it was when i was in de womb....*mumble grumble*
    TosaInu shall never be forgotten.

Quote Originally Posted by Kralizec
    I know, but I made it for the same reason Fwapper explained. Had I said Spain, it would've sounded more like Madrid or anything on the mainland.

Quote Originally Posted by The Fwapper
    Nice list Husar. Do your 'missions' involve looking out for hookers at all or am I just jumping to conclusions :P
    No, the missions were more the "no sex before marriage" kind of thing with church service twice a day. I more or less stumbled across the hookers and didn't engage in anything with them, eyecontact at best, were I looking for them, I would probably find a lot here in Germany, that's why I'm surprised I cannot recall seeing any here, I live here after all.

I also meant to click bold for the country names, but I must've been mentally absent since they're all in italics.

"Topic is tired and needs a nap." - Tosa Inu

Cool Re: The Countries You Have Visited Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Husar
    No, the missions were more the "no sex before marriage" kind of thing with church service twice a day. I more or less stumbled across the hookers and didn't engage in anything with them, eyecontact at best, were I looking for them, I would probably find a lot here in Germany, that's why I'm surprised I cannot recall seeing any here, I live here after all.
    Oh well I was close... sort of...

1000 post member club Member Quid's Avatar

Ok, here it goes...

1. Switzerland - Place of birth.

2. Liechtenstein - School trip (very vague memories. And not because I was too young to remember).

3. Germany - Alle Jahre wieder...

4. Austria - Went to Vienna, and mainly around the Lake of Constance.

5. Italy - Rome, Venice, Cavalino (camping), Riccione (BMX WC)

6. France - Paris, Bordeaux, Bonnieux (BMX WC), and some other place for the BMX EC).

7. Belgium - Brussels; went there on a school trip and ended up in the hotel room for most of it due to illness.

8. Holland - Had a stop-over in Amsterdam and went strolling through the streets

9. Sweden - Had a girlfriend from there. Went to visit frequently especially Stockholm.

10. Finland - Again, a stop-over. This time in Helsinki. Didn't really see much.

11. Spain - Had a two week holiday at a friend's place in Barcelona. Also, been to some other place as a kid (dont' remember). The only thing that points to a holiday in Spain was me having a pee somewhere in a dark alley...

12. Greece - Rhodes, and some other islands. Again, I was too young to remember much of it. I do remember that I was fascinated with all the ancient ruins...and some donkey ride.

13. The UAE - Dubai, Abu Dhabi, Sharjah. My first ever stay in a five star hotel. Quite the exprience.

14. Israel - Went there when it was relatively quiet. Lots of history. Saw Nazareth, Tel Aviv, Bethlehem, Jerusalem, Masada. Great memories. Swam in the Dead Sea.

15. Japan - Lived there about 18 months mainly in Okinawa. A fantastic place for diving and generally enjoying a very quiet lifestyle. Also been to Fukuoka, Tokyo, Osaka, Kyoto, Chiba. Have lots of friends there.

16. England - Studied there for 5 years. Must probably rate among the best times of my life.

17. Wales - Again, studied in Cardiff. Great citiy for students and rugby.

18. The USA - New York for a weekend, Atlanta (meh), Miami, Orlando (Disney, yay)

19. Bulgaria - A few years back now but that was my last proper holiday. Was near Nessebar. An excellent little ancient town with relics dating back 2000 years. The town still looks like it's stuck in Byzantine times. Brilliant.

20. Zimbabwe - Had friends there until there were forced to move to New Zealand because of the political situation there. A very beautiful place.

21. Kenya - Yeah, not bad. I don't remember much but it was good.

I sort of feel that I have forgotten a few. Probably have but I reckon this should do for the moment.

Quid
    Last edited by Quid; 06-17-2007 at 22:09.
    ...for it is revenge I seek...

Cry Havoc and let slip the dogs of war
    Juleus Ceasar, Shakespear

Quote Originally Posted by InsaneApache
    lol

Brown or white?
    both oh and tequlia. My dad brought 20 bottles back one time and said it was only 7 american dollars.....I love Mexico

My aim, then, was to whip the rebels, to humble their pride, to follow them to their inmost recesses, and make them fear and dread us. Fear is the beginning of wisdom.

I am tired and sick of war. Its glory is all moonshine. It is only those who have neither fired a shot nor heard the shrieks and groans of the wounded who cry aloud for blood, for vengeance, for desolation.

Senior Member Senior Member Yeti Sports 1.5 Champion, Snowboard Slalom Champion, Monkey Jump Champion, Mosquito Kill Champion Csargo's Avatar

America.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sooh View Post
    I wonder if I can make Csargo cry harder by doing everyone but his ISO.

Quote Originally Posted by Ichigo
    America.
    I know...it sucks not to go anywhere...

That's quite the list Quid...

That's quite the list Quid...
    I think it's a great thread so I thought I might as well contribute to it. It's actually interesting to see where people have been.

Quid

Indeedy it is... maybe after a few hundred posts I will combine them all into one uber-post of the travels of all the orgers!... or maybe not :P

TexMec Senior Member Louis VI the Fat's Avatar

France
    Belgium
    Luxembourg
    Netherlands
    Germany
    Switzerland
    Austria
    Poland
    Czech Republic
    Hungary
    Bulgaria
    Greece
    Italy
    Spain
    Portugal
    United Kingdom
    Norway
    Sweden
    Denmark
    USA
    The Bahamas
    South Africa
    Zimbabwe
    Zambia
    Tunisia
    Morocco

I was within ten meters of Slovakia once. I should've crossed the border just to add it to the list.
    Most trips have been with my parents. The North African ones with some Americans I met, the South African were with my ex-girlfriend.
    Anything unrelated to elephants is irrelephant
    Texan by birth, woodpecker by the grace of God
    I would be the voice of your conscience if you had one - Brenus
    Bt why woulf we uy lsn'y Staraft - Fragony
    Not everything
    blue and underlined is a link

TexMec Senior Member Louis VI the Fat's Avatar

Quid, we lead parallel lives!

Me too.

Me too.

9. Sweden - Had a girlfriend from there. Went to visit frequently especially Stockholm.
    Swap Sweden and Stockholm for Denmark and Copenhagen, and it's: me too.

12. Greece - Rhodes, and some other islands. Again, I was too young to remember much of it. I do remember that I was fascinated with all the ancient ruins...and some donkey ride.
    Me too

18. The USA - New York for a weekend, Atlanta (meh), Miami, Orlando (Disney, yay)
    Me too: New York for a weekend, Miami, Orlando (Disney, yay).
    Plus California, North Carolina, South Carolina, Georgia.

19. Bulgaria - A few years back now but that was my last proper holiday. Was near Nessebar. An excellent little ancient town with relics dating back 2000 years. The town still looks like it's stuck in Byzantine times. Brilliant.
    Me too again!

20. Zimbabwe - Had friends there until there were forced to move to New Zealand because of the political situation there. A very beautiful place.
    Me too.
    Anything unrelated to elephants is irrelephant
    Texan by birth, woodpecker by the grace of God
    I would be the voice of your conscience if you had one - Brenus
    Bt why woulf we uy lsn'y Staraft - Fragony
    Not everything
    blue and underlined is a link

I dont see TEXAS TEXAS TEXAS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

Quote Originally Posted by Strike For The South
    I dont see TEXAS TEXAS TEXAS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1
    Texas doesnt count, as its only a state

(and it sucks)

You could of course go and make a 'What states have you been to thread'... if you really wanted to :P

In any case, I've been to California, Florida and Nevada.

UK (Scotland, England, Wales)
    USA
    France, many times
    Italy
    Greece

'My intelligence is not just insulted, it's looking for revenge with a gun and no mercy. ' - Frogbeastegg

SERA NIMIS VITA EST CRASTINA VIVE HODIE

The life of tomorrow is too late - live today!

Quote Originally Posted by Louis VI the Fat
    Quid, we lead parallel lives!

Me too.

Me too.

Swap Sweden and Stockholm for Denmark and Copenhagen, and it's: me too.

Me too

Me too: New York for a weekend, Miami, Orlando (Disney, yay).
    Plus California, North Carolina, South Carolina, Georgia.

Me too again!

Me too.
    Parallel lives with a Frenchman. Now, that's scary. Next thing you're going to tell me that we have actually met or I am you or you are me or we are we or...oh, never mind...

Quid

Incorruptible Forest Manager Member Tristuskhan's Avatar

1 Soviet Union, before it disapeared: Ukraine, Georgia and southern Russia.

2 China, all along the Yellow River then to Kashgar.

3 Mongolia, nothing special there but the best three months in my life.

4 Turkey, Galatia and Cappadokia, all alone, great trip and very nice people.

5 Netherlands: Friesland when you are stoned is... odd and refreshing.

6 Inner Morrocco.

7 I crossed a bridge and walked for half an hour in Germany, looks much like Alsace...

8 Went to visit friends in Switzerland twice, that's a pity since I live less than fifty kilometers away....

And I plan to go back in Mongolia, but it won't be soon....
    "Les Cons ça ose tout, c'est même à ça qu'on les reconnait"

Kentoc'h Mervel Eget Bezañ Saotret - Death feels better than stain, motto of the Breton People. Emgann!

Quote Originally Posted by Quid
    Parallel lives with a Frenchman. Now, that's scary. Next thing you're going to tell me that we have actually met or I am you or you are me or we are we or...oh, never mind...

Quid
    Maybe you are long lost brothers, separated at birth, who then have huge and identical adventures completely separate from eachother...

or maybe not :P

Maybe you are long lost brothers, separated at birth, who then have huge and identical adventures completely separate from eachother...

or maybe not :P
    Maybe I should speak to my parents and adoption. I have a friend who keeps on telling me that I am adopted but then he is Irish...he would say that...and he smells.

Quid

Very Senior Member Gawain of Orkeny's Avatar

Hmmm lets see not a very long list

Canada
    Phillipines
    Japan
    Nam
    Okinowa
    Fighting for Truth , Justice and the American way

Tree Killer Senior Member Beirut's Avatar

Canada (One trip in-country was 11,000 Km. Cool.)
    USA
    Costa Rica
    Jamaica (45 minutes on the runway refueling, never left the plane.)
    Unto each good man a good dog

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast