Thread: OGame

Honorary Argentinian Senior Member Gyroball Champion, Karts Champion Caius's Avatar

Default OGame

http://www.ogame.org/?kid=1-00107-00109-0705-101121cf

Good game to join, and leta make an alliance.When you enter join in the universe 31.
    Lets make an alliance, the Orgah one.

Im as The_General.

Cheers!

Names, secret names
    But never in my favour
    But when all is said and done
    It's you I love

Default Re: OGame

There's been a few threads on this and a few people here play it. I'm ranked 324 of 4028 in universe 27, and I simply don't have the time to play in another Universe.

Honorary Argentinian Senior Member Gyroball Champion, Karts Champion Caius's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Grey_Fox
    There's been a few threads on this and a few people here play it. I'm ranked 324 of 4028 in universe 27, and I simply don't have the time to play in another Universe.
    Good, see you in the battlefield!

Names, secret names
    But never in my favour
    But when all is said and done
    It's you I love

Lesbian Rebel Member Mikeus Caesar's Avatar

Don't get me started on that thing. Me and a friend started it once, were both horribly [pwned] by higher-level players, and then tried it once more, thinking maybe it would be okay second time round. One month into playing, i was [pwned] by the Council alliance, my friend was [pwned] by some guy who was much more advanced. We were both so [hacked] off with the game that we swore never to play again.

I hate that game. Waste of my time.

And the problem is, all the high-level players moan about the death of their poor precious game. MAYBE IT WOULDN'T DIE IF YOU DIDN'T DETER SO MANY PEOPLE FROM PLAYING BY ACTING LIKE UTTER [idiots].

EDIT: Language
    Last edited by frogbeastegg; 06-20-2007 at 19:11.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ranika
    I'm being assailed by a mental midget of ironically epic proportions. Quick as frozen molasses, this one. Sharp as a melted marble. It's disturbing. I've had conversations with a braying mule with more coherence.

Why didn't you just fleetsave? People only hit you when either you aggravate them, leave enough resources on your planet to be profitable enough to hit, or leave your fleet on a colony that it is profitable to turn it into debris to be harvested.

I fleetsave and res save every day and I can count on the fingers on one hand how many times I've been raided in which the raider got a profit, and the last time somebody raided me was a month ago when I was offline for a couple of days, and about 3 months ago when I was sick and somebody managed to kill one of my 40-battleship fleets, but I got a moon from that so it didn't bother me that much - I even thanked the attacker.
    Last edited by Grey_Fox; 06-20-2007 at 12:32.

I had no fleet, and was hardly a profitable target - everyday i'd plunge my resources into building more gauss cannons/light lasers/ion cannons/rocket launchers, or once in a while save my res for some research.

From what i can tell, they were attacking me just because they could.
    I'm being assailed by a mental midget of ironically epic proportions. Quick as frozen molasses, this one. Sharp as a melted marble. It's disturbing. I've had conversations with a braying mule with more coherence.

i was into it for a while maybe last year and then my bro stopped then all his friends then i just fell outa the groove
    Tho' I've belted you an' flayed you,
    By the livin' Gawd that made you,
    You're a better man than I am, Gunga Din!
    Quote Originally Posted by North Korea
    It is our military's traditional response to quell provocative actions with a merciless thunderbolt.

Ah if it was just defense you were building, there are some people out there who just enjoy destroying it.

Ah if it was just defense you were building, there are some people out there who just enjoy destroying it.
    And as i said before - they are the same people who complain about the fact ogame is dying and don't have a clue why this could possibly be happening, and then blame it on all the new uni's that are opened, while at the same time launching another pointless attack on some random player.

Well warfare *is* a major part of the game...

Well warfare *is* a major part of the game...
    To quote the crazy guy from War of the Worlds - This is not a war any more than there's a war between "Men and Maggots"... This is an extermination.

It was destroying me for the sake of it. What's the point in going after someone who has no value and is vastly understrength compared to you? Where's the fun?

It could be he was just fleetsaving to your planet on an attack mission - I've done it a few times, though usually it was a 8-10 hour return mission and the target had enough time to fleetsave if he had the time - can't do that now though, too many phalanxes about.

But if you had nothing of any worth on the planet, why did you give up? Only defenses were destroyed, and it's not as if they were going to go anywhere, and besides, 70% are rebuilt after a raid.

Just fleetsave and res save dilligently and you'll never lose more than a bit of res, probably the most you'll lose will be half what you make in the few hours you are offline (as only half of a player's res can be taken).

Me, I think a top 10 player is getting kinda sloppy and I think I may be able to turn a few hundred cargoes into debris if I time it right.

It could be he was just fleetsaving to your planet on an attack mission - I've done it a few times, though usually it was a 8-10 hour return mission and the target had enough time to fleetsave if he had the time - can't do that now though, too many phalanxes about.

But if you had nothing of any worth on the planet, why did you give up? Only defenses were destroyed, and it's not as if they were going to go anywhere, and besides, 70% are rebuilt after a raid.

Just fleetsave and res save dilligently and you'll never lose more than a bit of res, probably the most you'll lose will be half what you make in the few hours you are offline (as only half of a player's res can be taken).

Me, I think a top 10 player is getting kinda sloppy and I think I may be able to turn a few hundred cargoes into debris if I time it right.
    I gave up because they were attacking in calculated waves. I never had a chance to build up my res again because they were always nabbing off with it.

That only means you never even started res saving, leaving it all on the planet. You need to have ships in order to keep the res safe (but do not make the mistake of leaving the fleet on planet - that's just begging for somebody to turn it into debris).

Alternatively you could just send a message to him asking politely for him to stop attacking you.

A handful of cargoes would do the job fine. Right now I have a couple million res floating around the galaxy on my cargoes until I need it, totally undetectable since they are moving from my moon to a debris field and back again.

A player is not allowed to hit a target more than six times a day, otherwise it was bashing (unless he is at war with your alliance). You could have always just contacted a GO and see if they could have done anything about it if he was just hitting you for the hell of it.
    Last edited by Grey_Fox; 06-22-2007 at 18:00.