Thread: How can change the duration time of the siege's?

Question How can change the duration time of the siege's?

Hi mates!
    Just a question everything is on the title, someone can tell me where i can change the duration of the siege , doesnt see it on export_descr_buildings.txt and descr_walls.txt.
    Help please I can't believe it's not possible..so im bored to wait 8 ( it's like wait 8 years) turns when i make a siege , i want to use only the half of the original time , it's really enough and for a game more fluid and fun. And make the computer obligatory to attack you more fast.
    I have post on total war center website but nobody cant give me any response !
    Gentlemens i count on you !

Harbinger of... saliva Member alpaca's Avatar

Default Re: How can change the duration time of the siege's?

I don't think it's possible.

i still cant figure how to lower attrition rates of units dieing during a siege.

Default Re : How can change the duration time of the siege's?

I have try to change the wall level in EDB but nothing change about the siege duration. Do you know ahwt is the file where i found the attrition rates of units Dietre?

i thought it ewould be in campaign.xml or settlementmechanics.xml

Default Re : Re: How can change the duration time of the siege's?

Humm no doesnt found something on it, can you tell me where exactly please

Harbinger of... saliva Member alpaca's Avatar

If you ask me, it's hardcoded.

Quote Originally Posted by alpaca
    If you ask me, it's hardcoded.
    Arff ok

Isn't the amount of population that effects how many turns the siege will take???

i have try a siege of Southampton , protect by a wall and 7100 population , 6 turn are needed . I havechange the population for 710. i have launbch a new game , and it's always 6 turn needed. I think it's more in relation with walls but nt with the population.

the farm lvl plays a role too.
    higher farm lvl and the more fertile the land = more food production and more turns to hold out on a siege.

and i agree with aplaca that this is hardcoded

Quote Originally Posted by steroid
    Hi mates!
    Just a question everything is on the title, someone can tell me where i can change the duration of the siege , doesnt see it on export_descr_buildings.txt and descr_walls.txt.
    Help please I can't believe it's not possible..so im bored to wait 8 ( it's like wait 8 years) turns when i make a siege , i want to use only the half of the original time , it's really enough and for a game more fluid and fun. And make the computer obligatory to attack you more fast.
    I have post on total war center website but nobody cant give me any response !
    Gentlemens i count on you !

Well, for one, you can make the walls weaker to break quicker or the siege equipment stronger. Other than that, I see no other possibility than turning the timer up during the game.