Thread: pontus goverment and troop recruitment

Default pontus goverment and troop recruitment

Hey peoples I started a pontus campaign (for the hundreth time) and I wanted to try and do something different so I razed my cities and headed over for the Ionian coast I took Bythnia, Perganum, lesbos, and Ionia in 8 turns ( I also took the greek city to the north of my starting capital but razed it and kept it until I got into the area I wanted) thinking I would start my empire over there to the west. I built a type 1 goverment in Bythnian providence for my capital thinking I could recruit all my factional elite units there. Yeah but I found out after I built the 3rd tier barracks for Bythnia that I was not going to get any factional troops on the coast. So are there any where else that I can build my elite pikes and my heavy assault galatian shock troops ect..in asian minor at all (besides my starting capital) and what type of govt and what providence can I find them in ?
    Last edited by Khazar_Dahvos; 06-19-2007 at 07:28.

Default Re: pontus goverment and troop recruitment

Sorry mate, You went in wrong direction. You wont get many native units in the west.
    Go for Regional Mix in those regions.
    Build Gov 3 to get Native Thureophoroi Complex:8 Level:3

Thanks lordbula for the reply. I just feel so stupid because I played for 12 hours smashing selucidis apart with 400 man armys for nothing just because I had a wild hair up my ass and I wanted to start new somewere else than my startup providence. Also for any people new to playing pontus If you take 2-3 units of pontic slingers and 1-2 units of basic pikemen through the mountain passes in the first several years and take antioch all the way to Babylon you can make upwards of 75 thousand minai by capturing and razing in a few short years as long as you have 1-2 spys helping the army with sieges. It is a great way to hurt the gray death's warmachine and have a lot of money to build your fledgling empire economy and army. I have done this guerrila tactic upwards of 20 times and sometimes their heartland is completely unprotected with no armys in their capital.

Βασιλευς και Αυτοκρατωρ Αρχης Member Centurio Nixalsverdrus's Avatar

Default AW: pontus goverment and troop recruitment

You should get the fancy galatian über-warriors in Galatia (Ankyra) with a local MIC type 4 (Kuruathoroi) and type 5 (lavotuxri). At least for Macedon. Perhaps Pontos can get them with a factional MIC.

Ming the Merciless is my idol Senior Member Watchman's Avatar

I think Pontus gets them through the top level faction MIC there (and also in their starting capital) - however, they also get them at the equivalent level of regional MIC which also nets them those quite useful lighter Galatian infantry types at the lower levels...
    "Let us remember that there are multiple theories of Intelligent Design. I and many others around the world are of the strong belief that the universe was created by a Flying Spaghetti Monster. --- Proof of the existence of the FSM, if needed, can be found in the recent uptick of global warming, earthquakes, hurricanes, and other natural disasters. Apparently His Pastaness is to be worshipped in full pirate regalia. The decline in worldwide pirate population over the past 200 years directly corresponds with the increase in global temperature. Here is a graph to illustrate the point."

-Church of the Flying Spaghetti Monster