Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: For the Queen!!!!!

smell the glove Senior Member Major Robert Dump's Avatar

Default For the Queen!!!!!

She knighted Rushdie.

I have a newfound respect for Her Majesty. All of you people in the U.K. should send her flowers, or a baked ham, or a giant shiny dildo or some other wonderful gift

Savages will always get violent when they don't get their way. Let the comedic riots ensue!!

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/com...cle1951462.ece
    Baby Quit Your Cryin' Put Your Clown Britches On!!!

Senior Member Senior Member naut's Avatar

Default Re: For the Queen!!!!!

Finally, we of the West really shouldn't give a rats about what the Middle East think. If they are offended who cares, they should keep to them selves in their own region of the world.
    #Hillary4prism

BD:TW

Some piously affirm: "The truth is such and such. I know! I see!"
    And hold that everything depends upon having the “right” religion.
    But when one really knows, one has no need of religion. - Mahavyuha Sutra

Freedom necessarily involves risk. - Alan Watts

zombologist Senior Member doc_bean's Avatar

Good move.
    Yes, Iraq is peaceful. Go to sleep now. - Adrian II

L'Etranger Senior Member Banquo's Ghost's Avatar
    Hunting the Snark, a long way from Tipperary...

Just for accuracy's sake, Her Majesty doesn't choose who gets an honour any more. The process is overseen by an Honours Committee and then the choices are submitted by the Prime Minister (after checking how much has been deposited by the candidate in the Labour Party coffers).

The Queen only gets to do the pinning on and waving of swords.

On the award to Sir Salman, it's about time. He is an excellent novelist. It is saddening however, that mainstream self-appointed spokesmen for the Muslim community like Lord Ahmed have reinforced the stereotype of Islamic intolerance by condemning the award.

One expects oddballs like the Pakistani Religious Affairs Minister to make fools of themselves, but Lord Ahmed is doing his community a severe disservice.
    "If there is a sin against life, it consists not so much in despairing as in hoping for another life and in eluding the implacable grandeur of this one."
    Albert Camus "Noces"

One wonders what the Queen does independently anymore. It is sad to lower the monarchy to such a low state.

Ekklesia Mafia: - An exciting new mafia game set in ancient Athens - Sign up NOW!
    "Oh, how I wish we could have just one Diet session where the Austrians didn't spend the entire time complaining about something." Fredericus von Hamburg

I read The Satanic Verses when it first came out, living in Bradford you would, wouldn't you? I got about 4 chapters in and put it down, never to be opened again.

Still I least I gave it a stab, unlike the protesters who have not even seen a copy, never mind read one.

All this furore reminds me of the national viewers and listeners association who campaigned to get The life of Brian banned. They hadn't seen the film, but they thought it should be withdrawn from circulation.

As to the knighthood, my cheque to Tony must have got lost in the post!
    There are times I wish they’d just ban everything- baccy and beer, burgers and bangers, and all the rest- once and for all. Instead, they creep forward one apparently tiny step at a time. It’s like being executed with a bacon slicer.

“Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly, and applying the wrong remedy.”

To learn who rules over you, simply find out who you are not allowed to criticise.

"The purpose of a university education for Left / Liberals is to attain all the politically correct attitudes towards minorties, and the financial means to live as far away from them as possible."

Very good thing. Every country should be proud of honouring this man.

Viceroy of the Indian Empire Member Duke Malcolm's Avatar
    Dùn Dèagh, the People's Republic of Scotland, the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Ireland.

The Queen still appoints Knights and Ladies of the Orders of the Garter and the Thistle. And the Order of Merit.
    It was not theirs to reason why,
    It was not theirs to make reply,
    It was theirs but to do or die.
    -The Charge of the Light Brigade - Alfred, Lord Tennyson

"Wherever this stone shall lie, the King of the Scots shall rule"
    -Prophecy of the Stone of Destiny

"For God, For King and country, For loved ones home and Empire, For the sacred cause of justice, and The freedom of the world, They buried him among the kings because he, Had done good toward God and toward his house."
    -Inscription on the Tomb of the Unknown Warrior

master of the pwniverse Member Fragony's Avatar

Great and all but he is one of the most overrated writers ever. Shalimar the clown was ok but god learn how to write a decent line, but the satanic verses actually deserved no less then a fatwa because it was terrible terrible terrible, and what was it called 'anger', poorest ripoff of sartres naussia ever. But, kudo's for her majesty, god shave the queen will have to wait I guess.

Senior Member Senior Member English assassin's Avatar

Top stuff from Brenda there. And BTW Salman's wife is a real hottie, just saying.

a government minister in Pakistan said yesterday that Rushdie’s recent knighthood justified suicide bombing
    Boy oh boy, I'm glad these guys are on our side

Following on from the gay bomb, do you think there is any chance we could develop a sense-of-perspective bomb? Because I would be COMPLETELY in favour of pre-emptive strikes if so. Especially if we coupled it with "For god's sake get over it" gas.
    "The only thing I've gotten out of this thread is that Navaros is claiming that Satan gave Man meat. Awesome." Gorebag

The Queen really has little say over who gets knighted; she just waves the sword and says "arise."
    I support Israel

Quote Originally Posted by Duke Malcolm
    The Queen still appoints Knights and Ladies of the Orders of the Garter and the Thistle. And the Order of Merit.
    You are right, of course.

And perhaps congratulations are in order for Sir Timothy Berners-Lee KBE OM on the occasion of his admission to this most exclusive of honours.
    "If there is a sin against life, it consists not so much in despairing as in hoping for another life and in eluding the implacable grandeur of this one."
    Albert Camus "Noces"

Insomniac and tired of it Senior Member Slyspy's Avatar

I'm not sure why the media continues to give column space to "Islamic fringe groups". If they are fringe groups who cares what they have to say - quoting them in a national newspaper only makes them feel more important than they are.
    "Put 'em in blue coats, put 'em in red coats, the bastards will run all the same!"

"The English are a strange people....They came here in the morning, looked at the wall, walked over it, killed the garrison and returned to breakfast. What can withstand them?"

Quote Originally Posted by Slyspy
    I'm not sure why the media continues to give column space to "Islamic fringe groups". If they are fringe groups who cares what they have to say - quoting them in a national newspaper only makes them feel more important than they are.
    The problem being that Lord Ahmed is not a member of a fringe group, but the House of Lords. He is the first muslim peer in that house, and thus can be seen as a mainstream representative.

When a supposedly mainstream figure condemns the principles of free speech that he is supposed to uphold as a peer, it tends to confirm prejudices - which saddens me.
    Albert Camus "Noces"

The Black Senior Member Papewaio's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ignoramus
    One wonders what the Queen does independently anymore. It is sad to lower the monarchy to such a low state.
    Monarchs have always been rather more Duty bound then free reign...
    Our genes maybe in the basement but it does not stop us chosing our point of view from the top.
    Quote Originally Posted by Louis VI the Fat
    Pape for global overlord!!
    Quote Originally Posted by English assassin
    Squid sources report that scientists taste "sort of like chicken"
    Quote Originally Posted by frogbeastegg View Post
    The rest is either as average as advertised or, in the case of the missionary, disappointing.

Senior Member Senior Member English assassin's Avatar

When a supposedly mainstream figure condemns the principles of free speech that he is supposed to uphold as a peer, it tends to confirm prejudices - which saddens me.
    I've been thinking about this, and I think what we need is to annoy muslims* a lot more. There they are out their on a protest about Salman and burning the union jack when, wham, Paris Match publishes an unfunny cartoon about the prophet. Insult ! Just as they have gone home to get their tricoleurs to burn, and are on the way back to the demo, bam, a story breaks that a farmer in Bavaria has named his pig Mohammed. Blasphemer !! Then, when they are reeling from this, Pow, news just in, a library in New York has filed the Torah on a higher shelf than the Koran. Infidels !!! Biff, local rock radio in Ohio plays a track from Crusader by Saxon. Godless heathen !!!!

I'm thinking that at some point outrage fatigue has to set in, surely.

*all references to muslims in this post are to be taken to be to nutty easy to annoy muslims and not nice peaceful muslims.
    "The only thing I've gotten out of this thread is that Navaros is claiming that Satan gave Man meat. Awesome." Gorebag

I've been thinking about this, and I think what we need is to annoy muslims* a lot more. There they are out their on a protest about Salman and burning the union jack when, wham, Paris Match publishes an unfunny cartoon about the prophet. Insult ! Just as they have gone home to get their tricoleurs to burn, and are on the way back to the demo, bam, a story breaks that a farmer in Bavaria has named his pig Mohammed. Blasphemer !! Then, when they are reeling from this, Pow, news just in, a library in New York has filed the Torah on a higher shelf than the Koran. Infidels !!! Biff, local rock radio in Ohio plays a track from Crusader by Saxon. Godless heathen !!!!

I'm thinking that at some point outrage fatigue has to set in, surely.

*all references to muslims in this post are to be taken to be to nutty easy to annoy muslims and not nice peaceful muslims.
    Good idea, but it may be unfair for the Bavarian pig that has nothing to do in this mess and would prefere to remain neutral and for the Ohio listeners that would have to support a saxon track.

But it must be possible to limit those measures to news agencie's dépêches to reach the same result so it that is not necessary to put in danger a honnest pig's life or innocent ears well being.

I agree completely with Fragony. Unless he's knighted because of shock value, it's not deserved IMO. I've read 2 of his books, after the first one I simply thought hey, this must have been a bad period for him. After the second one, I decided that the period must have spanned his entire career.
    Still maintain that crying on the pitch should warrant a 3 match ban

Quote Originally Posted by HoreTore
    I agree completely with Fragony. Unless he's knighted because of shock value, it's not deserved IMO. I've read 2 of his books, after the first one I simply thought hey, this must have been a bad period for him. After the second one, I decided that the period must have spanned his entire career.
    I agree with both you and fragony which is alarming to me and has replaced 2-3 cups of coffee I might have had this afternoon.

He's a shoddy author at best, dont see this honor being given on his ability as a writer, perhaps his courage to take on the subject?
    There are few things more annoying than some idiot who has never done anything trying to say definitively how something should be done.

Sua Sponte

Blog Entries

Top stuff from Brenda there. And BTW Salman's wife is a real hottie, just saying.

Boy oh boy, I'm glad these guys are on our side

Following on from the gay bomb, do you think there is any chance we could develop a sense-of-perspective bomb? Because I would be COMPLETELY in favour of pre-emptive strikes if so. Especially if we coupled it with "For god's sake get over it" gas.
    Well, then every town in the middle east would be like San Francisco, and I don't know if thats a step in the right direction...

Quote Originally Posted by Wakizashi
    Well, then every town in the middle east would be like San Francisco, and I don't know if thats a step in the right direction...

I dont think that was meant to be funny, but I lol, thanks !
    There are few things more annoying than some idiot who has never done anything trying to say definitively how something should be done.

Sua Sponte

RIP Tosa, my trolling end now Senior Member Devastatin Dave's Avatar

Muslims offended? Say it isn't so...
    The best part is that you can't even talk about the "Prophet's" life without being censored (including our little Backroom safe haven for the homicidally inclined religion) from anyone within earshot.
    I say we should do everything possible to insult the sensibilities of muslims, christians, jews, hindus, and buddists.

That's why I've created the "Big Mac on a Pig's sack" served on the Sabbath. It will be garnished with parts of aborted fetuses and rotted lotus pedals. I plan on setting up my stand somewhere in San Fransisco. The burger will be sold for $15 and wrapped in paper torn out from your choice of the Bible, the Koran, the Torah, or Mein Kompf. I'm gonna make a killin (Allah willing)!!!!

Or we could just ignore the whole wailing and gnashing of teeth of the easily offendable all across the world. I'm tired of all of them.
    RIP Tosa

Quote Originally Posted by Devastatin Dave
    The best part is that you can't even talk about the "Prophet's" life without being censored (including our little Backroom safe haven for the homicidally inclined religion) from anyone within earshot.
    I say we should do everything possible to insult the sensibilities of muslims, christians, jews, hindus, and buddists.

That's why I've created the "Big Mac on a Pig's sack" served on the Sabbath. It will be garnished with parts of aborted fetuses and rotted lotus pedals. I plan on setting up my stand somewhere in San Fransisco. The burger will be sold for $15 and wrapped in paper torn out from your choice of the Bible, the Koran, the Torah, or Mein Kompf. I'm gonna make a killin (Allah willing)!!!!

Or we could just ignore the whole wailing and gnashing of teeth of the easily offendable all across the world. I'm tired of all of them.
    Can you include napkins with the UN flag to wipe our mouths with ?

Really dave I find your posts entertaining for the most part and I see the tongue and cheek of it, just remember to put the cap back on the gas can after you step back from the flames.

Sua Sponte

Probably Drunk Member Reverend Joe's Avatar

Eew. Granted, I support your cause, but... eew. Who wants to eat rotted lotus petals?

What is that a reference to, anyway?

Resident Northern Irishman Member ShadesPanther's Avatar

Well we could get a Point-of-view gun

"A man may fight for many things: his country, his principles, his friends, the glistening tear on the cheek of a golden child. But personally, I'd mudwrestle my own mother for a ton of cash, an amusing clock and a stack of French porn."
    - Edmund Blackadder

Quote Originally Posted by HoreTore
    Well that's what happens when mediocrity ruffles the wrong feathers... instant celebrity. Had Ayatollah Khomenei not caused a furor over Rushdie's "The Satanic Verses" poor old Salman would have wound up a struggling author who would have been forced to teach literature to college students to pay the bills. Rushdie's blasphemous book propelled him into the limelight and swelled his bank account to aristocratic proportions.

More importantly, without his literary infamy Salman would not have been able to land that fine, swarthy comestible he now calls his wife... Padma Lakshmi... Mmmmmm.
    Last edited by Spino; 06-20-2007 at 05:50.
    "Why spoil the beauty of the thing with legality?" - Theodore Roosevelt

Idealism is masturbation, but unlike real masturbation idealism actually makes one blind. - Fragony

Though Adrian did a brilliant job of defending the great man that is Hugo Chavez, I decided to post this anyway.. - JAG (who else?)

Arena Senior Member Crazed Rabbit's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Major Robert Dump
    She knighted Rushdie.

I have a newfound respect for Her Majesty. All of you people in the U.K. should send her flowers, or a baked ham, or a giant shiny dildo or some other wonderful gift

Savages will always get violent when they don't get their way. Let the comedic riots ensue!!

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/com...cle1951462.ece
    Huzzah!

I also support EA's plan.

CR
    Ja Mata, Tosa.

The poorest man may in his cottage bid defiance to all the forces of the Crown. It may be frail; its roof may shake; the wind may blow through it; the storm may enter; the rain may enter; but the King of England cannot enter – all his force dares not cross the threshold of the ruined tenement! - William Pitt the Elder

Listening to an anti-religious zealot can be as tiresome as listening to someone drone on about their GoD.

It will be garnished with parts of aborted fetuses and rotted lotus pedals.
    You think thats funny?

had alot of abortions have you Dave?

or miscarridges?

I find your sense of humor a little sickening actually

what other perversions you got floating around in that sewer you've annexed for a brain Dave - please dont stop now - prove to everyone what a hero and top bloke you are. Its illuminating to know what side of the mental health fence some Org members are coming from.
    Quote Originally Posted by pevergreen View Post
    its pevergeren.

RIP Tosa, my trolling end now Senior Member Devastatin Dave's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Yun al-Din
    Listening to an anti-religious zealot can be as tiresome as listening to someone drone on about their GoD.

You think thats funny?

had alot of abortions have you Dave?

or miscarridges?

I find your sense of humor a little sickening actually

what other perversions you got floating around in that sewer you've annexed for a brain Dave - please dont stop now - prove to everyone what a hero and top bloke you are. Its illuminating to know what side of the mental health fence some Org members are coming from.
    It was meant to be as offensive as possible in order to bring about the point that everyone is eqaul to be ridiculed and have no right to defend their theology with violence. I'm sick of it all, including my own faith and the dogmas in which we are enslaved and have to die for. My wife had a miscarraige and no it wasn't funny. Abortion is not funny either but I'm sick of it being the main issue for those that vote. I'm tired of my Church and leaders of other faiths telling their people what to do when its not even in their chosen religious text. I'm fed up the fawtwas and the Jihads and the crusades against this that and the other thing. I'm just simply sick to death of everyone being offended by everything that I just want to rip my brain out of my skull and wash it with AJAX. Damn it!!! You're right, I've jumped the fence but I don't care. Please forgive me and I'll send you a coupon for my latest burger.
    RIP Tosa

It was meant to be as offensive as possible in order to bring about the point that everyone is eqaul to be ridiculed and have no right to defend their theology with violence. I'm sick of it all, including my own faith and the dogmas in which we are enslaved and have to die for. My wife had a miscarraige and no it wasn't funny. Abortion is not funny either but I'm sick of it being the main issue for those that vote. I'm tired of my Church and leaders of other faiths telling their people what to do when its not even in their chosen religious text. I'm fed up the fawtwas and the Jihads and the crusades against this that and the other thing. I'm just simply sick to death of everyone being offended by everything that I just want to rip my brain out of my skull and wash it with AJAX. Damn it!!! You're right, I've jumped the fence but I don't care. Please forgive me and I'll send you a coupon for my latest burger.

I also sometimes make deliberately outrageous statements to highlight what I feel is human absurdity. I had a feeling thats what you driving at, I just found that bit of it pushed me to react and say no I wont just allow that to sit there as some frivilous throw away remark (which was your intent).

On forums sometimes you have 'pull the punch' a little because the audience can be varied or young.

sorry that you had to experience that - it can test the best relationships

I agree Im fed up with the BS because people want to deliberately delude themselves and then try and force it down the throat of every man woman and child - I guess because it suits them to make women second class, or think that everyone else is going to burn in hell or wtf ever. I guess they feel if they cant drink, have sex, or live then why should everyone else get to live normal lives and not be punished. I feel sorry for them mostly - to have not lived your life the way you wanted because some book told you not to, pity worthy imo.

Having said that tho, neither do I want the biggoted closed mind individals of this world to use this as their excuse to go around demonising or abusing people by generalising about peoples beliefs (i dont believe it but if they dont interfere with me - then they should be free to live without fear). People dont like it when I generalise about Americans based on US policy (rightly so).

In short I accept your apology and bear no grudge - but we as men must recognise there are some lines of decency and respect which should not be crossed, even to highlight outrageous absurdity.

Your right the world has become super sensitive to words
    Quote Originally Posted by pevergreen View Post
    its pevergeren.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast