Thread: Biggest ransom ever?

Merkismathr of Birka Member PseRamesses's Avatar
    Birka town in Svitjod. Realm of the Rus and the midnight sun.

Default Biggest ransom ever?

Back in MTW we had a thread to find out what has been the biggest ransom recived after a battle. Back then some 70-100.000 could be obtained especially when capturing the mongol Khan and his enturage.

Playing M2 I┤ve got around 17.000 fl. after capturing the Venetian Doge and his son etc playing as the Byzantines.

Default Re: Biggest ransom ever?

That is massive. I think the best I have seen is around 10-12 K but the most I have ever actually recieved is probably around 3K if that.
    "Enough talk!"
    -Conan the Destroyer

Slaying Pagans near you! Member TeutonicKnight's Avatar

I've recieved a few in the 15k range, from capturing a King and his heir.

Far more often I'll capture a King, see a huge ransom number, but have it rejected. :(

Quote Originally Posted by PseRamesses
    Back in MTW we had a thread to find out what has been the biggest ransom recived after a battle. Back then some 70-100.000 could be obtained especially when capturing the mongol Khan and his enturage.

Playing M2 I┤ve got around 17.000 fl. after capturing the Venetian Doge and his son etc playing as the Byzantines.

This should be mine I got 103000 fl. after capturing Mongol Khan and all of his sons at single battle..There should be a screenshot about that I have...

In M2TW,I got only 8000 fl...AI is soo pinchpenny
    The Truth is from thy Lord; so be not at all in doubt. The Heifer (Al-Baqarah)-147

Bureaucratically Efficient Senior Member TinCow's Avatar

I got about 23k for a captured Pope once. Well, the Pope plus about 1000 men.
    Last edited by TinCow; 06-19-2007 at 15:44.

there should be an option to kill/hold hostage for generals only because I like killing/ransoming/hold leaders but releasing the poor guys.

Around 14K, Captured bunch of most expensive soldiers, King and total 30 bodyguards (he had heir with him but he died).
    All this happeneed by ambush but still i knew they were totally broke so i executed them and my general got real mean traits :D
    Homo Sapiens non Urinat in Ventum - the wise man does not piss against the wind.

Quote Originally Posted by darth_napo
    there should be an option to kill/hold hostage for generals only because I like killing/ransoming/hold leaders but releasing the poor guys.
    if it were a diplomacy option, ransoming would be cool. Especially when you go "hey, i'll give you back your King/Prince in exchange for a ceasefire". Of course, if i were the AI, i wouldn't accept it and let the enemy execute him if he was a crappy King with 1 authority and tons of bad traits

"Don't mind me, i happen the have the Insane trait....." -Me

The Ferryman Member trickydicky's Avatar

The best I have had so far, is 18,000 plus change for the Venetian Doge and heir.

Although I don't usually bother any more as the AI normally can't afford it.
    God Paradox

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Either God wants to abolish evil and cannot, or he can but does not want to, or he cannot and does not want to, or lastly he can and wants to.

If he wants to remove evil, and cannot, he is not omnipotent. If he can, but does not want to, he is not benevolent. If he neither can nor wants to, he is neither omnipotent nor benevolent. But if God can abolish evil and wants to, how does evil exist?

Useful MTW2 Threads

How To Create The Perfect Statesman By Kobald
    A Guide To Guilds By Davybaby
    Useful Strategy Tips Forum Sticky

The best for me is around 20K for capturing a king and many prisoners