Thread: Why Have Chris Newsom and Channon Christian fallen through the cracks?

Old Town Road Senior Member Strike For The South's Avatar

Default Why Have Chris Newsom and Channon Christian fallen through the cracks?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Channon..._Newsom_murder

You may ask why I am posting a wiki link instead of a creible news source. No one is covering this story all that shows up is allot of very violent very anti semitic whte supremiscist stuff. Why isnt this story on all the news channels? For nearly a year we had to sit through a Duke rape case which turned out to be nothing at all merely a prosuctuer thinkning he could get famous by nailing a bunch of inherntly evil rich white men agianst the poor defenseless black stripper. Now when two people are bruttaly raped murderd and disfirgured not only is it not on the news it isnt even being charged as a damn hate crime! I can bet my soul that if 5 whites did this to 2 blacks the storm that would indue wouldnt leave us for years and we would be made to feel guilty once agian. Fortunatly the two victims were white so there story can just go away. What kind of double standard is that? What has America come to when we cant treat everyone equally? When exemptions have to made so we dont have to deal with things! Sometimes I hate my country

Found one http://www.wbir.com/news/regional/st...?storyid=41276 ha they dont give any details
    Last edited by Banquo's Ghost; 06-21-2007 at 06:53.
    There, but for the grace of God, goes John Bradford

My aim, then, was to whip the rebels, to humble their pride, to follow them to their inmost recesses, and make them fear and dread us. Fear is the beginning of wisdom.

I am tired and sick of war. Its glory is all moonshine. It is only those who have neither fired a shot nor heard the shrieks and groans of the wounded who cry aloud for blood, for vengeance, for desolation.

Kanto Kanrei Member Marshal Murat's Avatar

Default Re: Why Have Chris Newsom and Channon Christian fallen through the cracks?

I would wonder why five African Americans were held responsible.

Either it was an abuse of power, I mean, five for a crime?
    or...
    a racially motivated attack.
    "Nietzsche is dead" - God

"I agree, although I support China I support anyone discovering things for Science and humanity." - lenin96

Re: Pursuit of happiness
    Have you just been dumped?

I ask because it's usually something like that which causes outbursts like this, needless to say I dissagree completely.

Senior Member Senior Member Yeti Sports 1.5 Champion, Snowboard Slalom Champion, Monkey Jump Champion, Mosquito Kill Champion Csargo's Avatar

Default Re: Why Have Chris Newsom and Channon Christian fallen through the cracks?

Quote Originally Posted by Wiki
    Police Chief Sterling Owen IV said that there is no indication the crimes were racially motivated, and that the murders and assault "appears to have been a random violent act."[14] "There is absolutely no proof of a hate crime," said John Gill, special counsel to Knox County District Atty. Randy Nichols. "We know from our investigation that the people charged in this case were friends with white people, socialized with white people, dated white people. So not only is there no evidence of any racial animus, there's evidence to the contrary.
    It's a sad story, but I highly doubt it was racially motivated.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sooh View Post
    I wonder if I can make Csargo cry harder by doing everyone but his ISO.

master of the pwniverse Member Fragony's Avatar

Some things are supposedly mere speculation, that's what I heard at least. I think it was a hate crime, it wasn't just rape, a woman joined the fray after all. Oh, and torture. Poor Shannon, gorgling bleach sounds pretty nasty. It's funny Strike, here across the pond it did make the news. Well actually it isn't that funny, poor guys. I can't believe this didn't even make the local news in the US, pretty hidious, and Manhunt 2 isn't even out yet!
    Last edited by Fragony; 06-21-2007 at 06:49.