Thread: AI factional MIC use

Closet Celtophile Member Redmeth's Avatar

Default AI factional MIC use

Running some tests today with perfect_spy on I noticed something.
    Let me give 2 examples.
    Carthage took Messana after it was held for a long time by the KH, they (KH) had built their factional MIC up to Ephebic..., Carthage only has a regional MIC in place and the factional KH one is still there after about a decade.
    And basically the same example with Rome and Taras.
    Can't the conquerors (Rome, Carthage) build their own factional MIC's in these cases? Couldn't they be damaged through script like the governments?
    Also some factions share their MIC's is that why? Because the AI can't build their own MIC's if some from another faction are in place. And that would explain the MIC sharing by neighboring factions.

EB TRIBVNVS PLEBIS Member MarcusAureliusAntoninus's Avatar

Default Re: AI factional MIC use

MICs are different building trees and completely unrelated to eachother. If there is a different faction's MIC in a city, it doesn't effect the current owner at all.

Here's my going theory: The thing is that the AI has recruitment has a higher priority than building military, and when they don't have a ton of money they waste it all on recruitment before they get to buildings.

Closet Celtophile Member Redmeth's Avatar

Yeah you are right about those but I found some cases of the script that places governments misfiring.
    I was involved in the case of Athena as I took it from the Maks, destroyed its gov and MIC and gifted it to the KH (Chalkis and Sparta too) and in all cases when KH got it they didn't get any government and this exchange of cities took place over 15 years ago:
    https://img511.imageshack.us/img511/1862/govprob2.jpg
    https://img511.imageshack.us/img511/1756/govprob3.jpg
    Chalkis and Sparta are the same, no governments so they can't build factional MIC's and thus units, in Athena they spam Hoplitai Haploi(which are recruitable from the governor's palace).
    I don't know what took place in Lilibeo it changed a lot of hands and finally ended up Carthage's but unlike Messana or Syrakousai also conquered, Lilibeo has a Roman government in place:
    https://img511.imageshack.us/img511/7624/govprob1.jpg

The script can only see when a faction conquers a settlement. If they take it by waiting out the enemy or if it is gained through bribing or diplomacy, the script will not know this and no governments will be placed. If there is no governement, eventually the AI will build a government on their own, but it will usually be a Type3, no matter where it is. And yes, those spamming of levies is really annoying, hopefully the next fix will do away with both the palace recruitment and rebelling city CTD.

Celtic Cataphracts!!!! Member The Celt's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MarcusAureliusAntoninus
    The script can only see when a faction conquers a settlement. If they take it by waiting out the enemy or if it is gained through bribing or diplomacy, the script will not know this and no governments will be placed. If there is no governement, eventually the AI will build a government on their own, but it will usually be a Type3, no matter where it is. And yes, those spamming of levies is really annoying, hopefully the next fix will do away with both the palace recruitment and rebelling city CTD.
    My advice. Remove the levy units the higher you go in the MIC ladder.
    Achtungaz!!! You vill all zavmit to zeh Svveboz!!!!

Currently rising to power as:

EB2 Baseless Conjecturer Member blacksnail's Avatar

Doing so would take our recruitment system from exceedingly complex to completely unsustainable.

So, no.

Celtic Cataphracts!!!! Member The Celt's Avatar

Wink Re: AI factional MIC use

Quote Originally Posted by blacksnail
    Doing so would take our recruitment system from exceedingly complex to completely unsustainable.

So, no.
    Worked for me!(Of course, I only did it to factions I never play as, mostly the Daiodchi.)
    Achtungaz!!! You vill all zavmit to zeh Svveboz!!!!

Currently rising to power as:

Does the AI have to wait the same amount of turns that we do for a govt building to be completed? I had a situation where I was Carthage and the Selucids took one of my cities and built a Level 2 MIC in one turn...
    Those who would give up essential liberties for a perceived sense of security deserve neither liberty nor security--Benjamin Franklin

The AI gets governments placed automatically when they conquer a settlement. This done not only because the AI is too stupid to know they need a government, but because the government resources (homeland, subjugation, alliances) are distributed for your faction and not all of the different AI factions.

Quote Originally Posted by Redmeth
    Carthage took Messana after it was held for a long time by the KH, they (KH) had built their factional MIC up to Ephebic..., Carthage only has a regional MIC in place and the factional KH one is still there after about a decade.
    And basically the same example with Rome and Taras.
    Can't the conquerors (Rome, Carthage) build their own factional MIC's in these cases? Couldn't they be damaged through script like the governments?
    Also some factions share their MIC's is that why? Because the AI can't build their own MIC's if some from another faction are in place. And that would explain the MIC sharing by neighboring factions.
    The AI never destroys buildings, so if a settlement changes hands many times, there will be loads of different government buildings and perhaps MICs if they had time to build those.
    Conquering such a settlement can be a huge moneymaker because of the cash you can gain by destroying all those buildings.
    Veni
    Vidi
    Velcro