Thread: REGION ZERO!!!!! (PLEASE READ)

Oh my GOD!!!! I have found a secret in shogun total war. First of all my version is the patched 1.12. Here is what happened.

I started up the "play as rebels" cheat, .conan. and started playing. Everything was pretty much normal (aside from playing as the rebels) But then i decided to go into the building menu and use the arrows to pick my region as opposed to just clicking on it. While scrolling i came across a region called "Region Zero" and it had its buildings screen COMPLETELY filled up with every building you can build. The map centered and the top left corner of the screen, but there was no actual place to click on. The funny thing was every time i left the game there was a different amount of building choices and they were in differnt spots as well. I could only click on the buildings in the first few rows, the others were visible but un-clickable and glitchy looking.

One particular building caught my eye. Its picture said "placeholder" on it and it was a building i didn't recognize from anywhere. It was almost always in the area of buildings i couldn't click on, so i never got to see what it was. But after opening and closing the game many times i finally got to see what it was. MEDICAL SCHOOL. Thats right. And right next to it? FAMOUS MEDICAL SCHOOL. I have screenshots to back this up that could not be fabricated.

Has anyone heard of this before or know anything about it at all? I looked all over and have not heard another mention of it anywhere.

My email: chaosdragon16@hotmail.com

anyone who wants the screenshots please email me and i will get them to you so you can see for yourself.

No need to email me, i just made a simple geocities page to host the pictures. The url is: http://www.geocities.com/totalwarsecret/regionzero.html

They are quite large so be patient. I wanted to make sure you could read all the text in them. They show up very small on the page so you will need to right click/save them then open them up to see them in detail. Please tell me what you think!!!

[This message has been edited by LiQuiD (edited 04-20-2001).]

yeah...i had it too...Along time ago.BUT not the medical stuff.Maybe I cant remeber. I was the rebels too.

EasyCo

[This message has been edited by EasyCo (edited 04-20-2001).]

Takeda war banner: Swift as the wind
    Silent as a forest
    Fierce as fire
    Immovable as a mountains
    EasyCo Dojo

You got further than I did. When I first spotted region zero and tried to highlight the medical school the game would crash.

This element was going to be part of the game but never made it to the final release. I can only guess that Doctors were going to be a strategic unit. Whether they were going to have the ability to regenerate unit numbers or whether there was going to be an 'injured' element to the fighting I don't know. For a doctor unit to be realistic it would have to have the ability to heal all units equally, whether high hon. monks or ashi. This would IMHO make the unit unbalanced and probably best left out. Would be interesting to see though.

CatlineClair and possibly others have seen the medical school while looking through the Shogun program files. I think there is a good chance that most of the unimplemented features are going to show up in the Mongol Expansion.

MizuYuuki ~~~
    Clan Takiyama ~~~

_________Designed to match Original STW gameplay.

Beta 8 + Beta 8.1 patch + New Maps + Sound add-on + Castles 2

My guess would be that they are left over from the beta version, and the programmers were too lazy to take them out entirely. My question is would there be away to actually use these units somehow. (medical school units)

Member Member celtiberoijontychi's Avatar

as shown in the building picture, medical school builds no units

one schoolprovides for ur whole domains
    Gloria y honor al Clan Celtiberos
    Glory and Honour to Clan Celtiberos

Senior Member Senior Member Dark Phoenix's Avatar

This was talked about at STW Strategies probably about 6 months ago when someone was digging around in the files and found this along with some guides for playing each province.

------------------
    DoragonPhoenix of the Clan Doragon
    DP is correct - Shiro