Thread: I'm finished with my GCSEs!

Default I'm finished with my GCSEs!

I am finished completely.
    Here are some of my papers for this year; You probably can't see too well from this angle, but that is one heck of a lot of trees!

Now on to the International Bacchaloreate next year; more than twice the work and more than twice as hard.
    Last edited by Lorenzo_H; 06-21-2007 at 12:12.
    I support Israel

Lesbian Rebel Member Mikeus Caesar's Avatar

Default Re: I'm finished with my GCSEs!

I am also finished. Had my last exam on Tuesday, which was a good laugh. Someone in the back of the room kept whistling Johnny Cash tunes, the invigilators were going crazy trying to figure out who it was.

Anyway, onward ho with my life. Time to get a job.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ranika
    I'm being assailed by a mental midget of ironically epic proportions. Quick as frozen molasses, this one. Sharp as a melted marble. It's disturbing. I've had conversations with a braying mule with more coherence.

Lol, it can be funny when that happens. This year the only hiccup we had was this crazy old woman taking Law (like me), and she refused to stop writing and give in her paper at the end of the exam. She is honestly one of the weirdest people; she is always drinking vodka in lessons and wears a sleeping bag for a coat. This is her sixth year trying to get the Law AS Level.
    I support Israel

Quote Originally Posted by Lorenzo_H
    Lol, it can be funny when that happens. This year the only hiccup we had was this crazy old woman taking Law (like me), and she refused to stop writing and give in her paper at the end of the exam. She is honestly one of the weirdest people; she is always drinking vodka in lessons and wears a sleeping bag for a coat. This is her sixth year trying to get the Law AS Level.

I used to know someone like that...peculiar people, but nice if you get to know them.

So what are your plans for the future? Further education or what?
    I'm being assailed by a mental midget of ironically epic proportions. Quick as frozen molasses, this one. Sharp as a melted marble. It's disturbing. I've had conversations with a braying mule with more coherence.

Well; the IB (http://www.ibo.org/) which is a highly respected alternative to A-levels which the UK is switching to soon, at this school. And then after that, on to University hopefully, and after that, the army (hopefully) and then on to a civilian career such as law.
    I support Israel

Well; the IB (http://www.ibo.org/) which is a highly respected alternative to A-levels which the UK is switching to soon, at this school. And then after that, on to University hopefully, and after that, the army (hopefully) and then on to a civilian career such as law.
    Sounds fun. I'm going to Australia in November, so until then i'm just going to be working low paid jobs and enjoying the time i have left here.

Drink, drink and more drink, methinks.

Hmm i finished my AS levels recently and am rewarded with more school the injustice. My main memories of my exams were of the chavs in my school looking befuddled and confused and also asking me for a pen during the exam then falling asleep hmm they seemed to disappear after GCSE's.
    "Money isnt the root of all evil, lack of money is."

(Mark Twain)

The Sword of Rome Member Marcellus's Avatar

You lucky people. How did everyone's exams go? I still have a week left of my A2s, though most are over - a week today, I'll be freee...until university.
    "Look I’ve got my old pledge card a bit battered and crumpled we said we’d provide more turches churches teachers and we have I can remember when people used to say the Japanese are better than us the Germans are better than us the French are better than us well it’s great to be able to say we’re better than them I think Mr Kennedy well we all congratulate on his baby and the Tories are you remembering what I’m remembering boom and bust negative equity remember Mr Howard I mean are you thinking what I’m thinking I’m remembering it’s all a bit wonky isn’t it?"

-Wise words from John Prescott

Jillian & Allison's Daddy Senior Member Don Corleone's Avatar

Congratulations, Lorenzo. That is a summa opus worthy of respect. Education hasn't gotten any easier over the years, and I respect your tenacity at sticking to it. You should be quite proud of your accomplishment. Good luck at Uni!
    "A man who doesn't spend time with his family can never be a real man."
    Don Vito Corleone: The Godfather, Part 1.

"Then wait for them and swear to God in heaven that if they spew that bull to you or your family again you will cave there heads in with a sledgehammer"
    Strike for the South

Senior Member Senior Member naut's Avatar

Well done.

Now on to the International Bacchaloreate next year; more than twice the work and more than twice as hard.
    And about the IB, I'd have to say it's not actually that difficult to do well in. My school offers it and it is exactly the same as the NSW HSC. I compare with friends and we have the same topics and workloads, except they have the Extended Essay and TOK.

Oh yeah, they all whinge about the English topics and TOK, so be wary of them.
    #Hillary4prism

BD:TW

Some piously affirm: "The truth is such and such. I know! I see!"
    And hold that everything depends upon having the “right” religion.
    But when one really knows, one has no need of religion. - Mahavyuha Sutra

Freedom necessarily involves risk. - Alan Watts

Quote Originally Posted by Rythmic
    Well done.

And about the IB, I'd have to say it's not actually that difficult to do well in. My school offers it and it is exactly the same as the NSW HSC. I compare with friends and we have the same topics and workloads, except they have the Extended Essay and TOK.

Oh yeah, they all whinge about the English topics and TOK, so be wary of them.
    Lol, how well though? what score?
    I support Israel

Senior Member Senior Member naut's Avatar

Slow response, but a mate of mine finished last year got 42 out of 45 and put in a solid effort and time.
    Another didn't and still managed to get 38, ().
    #Hillary4prism

BD:TW

Some piously affirm: "The truth is such and such. I know! I see!"
    And hold that everything depends upon having the “right” religion.
    But when one really knows, one has no need of religion. - Mahavyuha Sutra

Freedom necessarily involves risk. - Alan Watts

I just finished my GCSEs as well. Along with 3 AS levels in English Language, Music and Maths. What did you people take?

Not affiliated with Red Dwarf. Member Ianofsmeg16's Avatar
    Home of Palm trees, cats with no tails, three-legged men, fairies...and more german bikers than germany

... at this school...
    Castle Rushen's better ;)

Seriously, good luck GCSE's are ok, you can blag getting Cs and Bs with no revision...

although why pay thousands of pounds to do an IB course (at a second-rate rugby school..i joke of course haha) when you can get a perfectly good As/A2 level course for free is beyond me

ah well good luck my fellow manxman!
    When I was a child
    I caught a fleeting glimpse
    Out of the corner of my eye.
    I turned to look but it was gone
    I cannot put my finger on it now
    The child is grown,
    The dream is gone.
    I have become comfortably numb...

Proud Supporter of the Gahzette