Thread: should i delete map.rwm

Default should i delete map.rwm

i have never had a version of eb from before eb.81 installed, and i now have eb.81a v2 installed , but before i start my new campaign, should i delete map.rwm and have rtw create a new one, because before i downloaded eb.81v2, i had a ctd, but after i downloaded v2, i deleted the savegame with the ctd, but should i delete map.rwm if thats what caused it?

Ming the Merciless is my idol Senior Member Watchman's Avatar

Default Re: should i delete map.rwm

When in doubt, delete it. The sole ill effect it can have is the slight delay on game load as the new one is generated.
    "Let us remember that there are multiple theories of Intelligent Design. I and many others around the world are of the strong belief that the universe was created by a Flying Spaghetti Monster. --- Proof of the existence of the FSM, if needed, can be found in the recent uptick of global warming, earthquakes, hurricanes, and other natural disasters. Apparently His Pastaness is to be worshipped in full pirate regalia. The decline in worldwide pirate population over the past 200 years directly corresponds with the increase in global temperature. Here is a graph to illustrate the point."

-Church of the Flying Spaghetti Monster

Default Re: should i delete map.rwm

Also you won't be able to play multiplayer. AFAIK, everyone has to have the same map.rwm, which is why the latest build of EB includes one.

Foot
    EBII Mod Leader
    Hayasdan Faction Co-ordinator

Asia ton Barbaron mapper Member Pharnakes's Avatar

Smile Re: should i delete map.rwm

Yes identical files are needed, including map.rwm, however a new one is downloadable form the main multiplayer thread, if you have deleted yours.
    Asia ton Barbaron The new eastern mod for eb!

Laziest member of the team My red balloons, as red as the blood of he who mentioned Galatians.
    Roma Victor!

Yous ee gishes?