Thread: 'Will of the senate' Faction and Mod selection

Default 'Will of the senate' Faction and Mod selection

Well I'm finally back, and I'm ready to start our AAR, but first we need to chose a faction some mods(if any) and some house rules.
    I'm not going to make this a poll because I need an absolute list of who’s playing so please post a faction and any mod you want to have in this AAR and I will tally them on Tuesday.

That being said mods that require BI need a 2/3's majority to be used because it limits other players

Edit; Forgot my votes.

Romans
    1st cohort mod and Sheep's money script.
    Last edited by Captian Cornelius; 06-23-2007 at 18:54.
    Fighting for truth Justice and the Roman way.

Decied to play how we should play Rome Carthage here

Megas Alexandros's heir Member Spoofa's Avatar

Default Re: 'Will of the senate' Faction and Mod selection

City mod (It has the first cohorts mod as a base, plus it keeps the cities to a reasonable level!) sheep's sounds good, but personally i use the errants, it seems to work a bit better for me with the treasury cap, just so they dont get too rich and powerful.)

Carthage (just throwing it in there, i dont mind either carthage or Romani)

houserules: no cheats (of course.) no fog of war, retraining legions every 16 years enless in times of emergency (number may be off), autocalc armies without generals, stick to the historical army compositions of the times.
    Last edited by Spoofa; 06-24-2007 at 04:05.

Asia ton Barbaron mapper Member Pharnakes's Avatar

Smile Re: 'Will of the senate' Faction and Mod selection

Carthage.

Play with BI, this means that when players who have BI are running the game the entire game benifits from the improved strat-AI, but if a non BI player gets elected to host the game, no save problems will be encountered.

I also propose the use of the improved edu that mAIOR and I are in the procces of developing, and that will be done the time this starts.
    Asia ton Barbaron The new eastern mod for eb!

Laziest member of the team My red balloons, as red as the blood of he who mentioned Galatians.
    Roma Victor!

Yous ee gishes?

Roman or Carthage I dont care, I love both...

I dont know where's my BI cds, so I'll be playing with RTW 1.5.....

oh and i fully endorse BI used for this, but as Pharnakes says it may be savegame compatible... so it may not really matter.

offtopic: Pharnakes do you have a thread for the EDU? if so, can i get a link? if not what is going to be new/changed? thanks in advance.
    Last edited by Spoofa; 06-24-2007 at 17:48.

I would like to jump in, did not have the time to decide that until now. I'm voting for Carthaginians. Of course historical setting, but I think Carthage is pretty flexible. I would suggest using Thorrloff's Reign of Ares, As it has a lot of gadget's and nice skins for Carthaginains.
    Btw, when would I have to be available? Because I have time from maximal 2 o' clock to 8 o' clock.
    Last edited by Basileus Seleukeia; 06-25-2007 at 19:28.

Speak up for those who were silenced forever.
    Visit https://www.HellenicGenocide.org

I expect we can reserve a character for you.

In which case I suppose you ought to have a say in the faction that is chosen, so who do you want the Arche?

Laziest member of the team My red balloons, as red as the blood of he who mentioned Galatians.
    Roma Victor!

Yous ee gishes?

Nascent Veteran Member Tiberius of the Drake's Avatar

I definetly want to play this game and I was wondering if anyone could help me figure out a way to run FRAPS on my vista.

Anyways

i vote for Carthage as it opens new possibilities that havent been explored before. Sheeps money script, city mod if it runs on 1.5

House rules: same as MastaSpoofa laid out
    "Something can be done, by careful analysis, to sort out truth from propaganda and legend. But this is where the real difficulties begin, since each student inevitably selects, constitutes criteria, according to his own unconscious assumptions, social, ethical or political. Moral conditioning, in the widest sense, plays a far greater part in the matter than most people- especially the historians themselves-ever realize."
    -Peter Green

Quote Originally Posted by Pharnakes
    In which case I suppose you ought to have a say in the faction that is chosen, so who do you want the Arche?
    Sorry, I don't understand what you are trying to say I voted for the carthaginians to be played in this project, because they have a quite cool rivalry between barcids and anti-barcids. Arche could be a possibility, as the satraps hold quite a bit of power, the player who is the king mainly playing a directive, not really a directly ruling rule. But I don't think that we should use Arche Seleukeia for this project, but perhaps I could make a project when this is finished...

Sorry I haven't posted for awhile guys... I got addicted to Europa Universalis III.
    So Carthage & the city Mod are definite. I want to make sure the BI - 1.5 games are compatible before I allow it. And once we get all this taken care of I'll start a house rules discussion thread.

BI and 1.5 are definatley compatible, it is this that enables you to use eb on 1.5 of BI.

Edit: for the house rules you might want to look at these threads, where I tried to get this going before: here and here.
    Last edited by Pharnakes; 06-26-2007 at 22:50.

Roma Victor!

Yous ee gishes?

oh, and i suggest playing on huge size.

If possible I agree.

Roma Victor!

Yous ee gishes?

I don't see a problem, most Eb compters should be able to handle huge size.

I never tried it ony my computer but im pretty sure it would work .
    "Something can be done, by careful analysis, to sort out truth from propaganda and legend. But this is where the real difficulties begin, since each student inevitably selects, constitutes criteria, according to his own unconscious assumptions, social, ethical or political. Moral conditioning, in the widest sense, plays a far greater part in the matter than most people- especially the historians themselves-ever realize."
    -Peter Green

I , now that i read pharnakes's old house rules, think that large would be better. That way any players that have less optimale computers can participate as well.
    -Peter Green

Quote Originally Posted by Tiberius of the Drake
    I , now that i read pharnakes's old house rules, think that large would be better. That way any players that have less optimale computers can participate as well.
    Well my line of thought was that computers that couldn't handle huge settings wouldn't be able to handle EB.

So is there any one who can't handle huge settings?

Ps I'll be starting a another thread tomorrow morning I haven't played carthage since .7x so I want to get a feel for them

Ill experiment tm but its past my computer's "recomended settings"
    -Peter Green

This certainly sounds like fun

Mind if I join you guys?

Carthage is a nice choice, a fresh wind as I always play Romans

The huge settings isn't a problem too

I jusr experimented with my computer and Huge settings works just fine
    -Peter Green

Arrg! I'm going to have to go away again soon (family emergency) so could one of you guys take charge for awhile. Thanks.

I will if you want, ATM I don't realy see what needs doing though, it seems that we have agreed on Qarthadastim, or do you want a poll run to confirm this?

And we're hardly going to start untill you get back, so...?

Roma Victor!

Yous ee gishes?

Quote Originally Posted by Pharnakes
    I will if you want, ATM I don't realy see what needs doing though, it seems that we have agreed on Qarthadastim, or do you want a poll run to confirm this?

And we're hardly going to start untill you get back, so...?
    Go for it man!

I'd like do get more in Depth on the house rules(I looked at the victory conditions for Carthage and it seemed really easy to me). After that I wanted to hand out characters. So yeah I could use the help :) .

You can count me in now. All school work is done, and now the relaxing end-time of school begins

Is this thing still on?

Seems like dead to me.