Thread: Distance to capital

Default Distance to capital

How can I change the public order penalty for having a city far away from your capital, or can I change it at all?

Asia ton Barbaron mapper Member Pharnakes's Avatar

Smile Re: Distance to capital

It is possible through hidden resources to compensate, however that requires a fair degree of modding skill and a lot of patience, also it is not fool proof, if the capital is changed, then it screws up. So basicaly the answer is no, or not without a good deal of effort. Besides which, whilst overexagerated on the eb map, it is not a-historical, actualy.
    Asia ton Barbaron The new eastern mod for eb!

Laziest member of the team My red balloons, as red as the blood of he who mentioned Galatians.
    Roma Victor!

Yous ee gishes?

Βασιλευς και Αυτοκρατωρ Αρχης Member Centurio Nixalsverdrus's Avatar

Default AW: Distance to capital

Also, the end-cap is 80% penalty.

Default Re: Distance to capital

i see, the reason I asked is because I was planning on doing an aar which involves migration of half a faction which would be made difficult by the distance to capital penalty. Thanks anyway though

also, could someone tell me how to post screenshots or point me to a thread about it? I'm pretty sure someones asked this before, but I cant find it. I have fraps and know how to capture them, its what to do after that that I don't know
    Last edited by theycallmetighty; 06-25-2007 at 01:26.

Questor of AI revenue. Member The Errant's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by theycallmetighty
    i see, the reason I asked is because I was planning on doing an aar which involves migration of half a faction which would be made difficult by the distance to capital penalty. Thanks anyway though

also, could someone tell me how to post screenshots or point me to a thread about it? I'm pretty sure someones asked this before, but I cant find it. I have fraps and know how to capture them, its what to do after that that I don't know
    Go to Imageshack or any of a dozen pichosting sites on the web. Use Google if you have trouble finding one.

There will be field displayed that will allow you to browse your hard drive for the location of your screenshots. Pick the right one. Having the image open on your desktop on some other program helps keep order. Unless you name the pic something unique that you can remember.

Once you found the right pic just press the upload button and the picture will be stored on the pichosting server. Once the upload is complete the website gives you a webadress (http://img46829.jpg or something like that) for your pic. Copy paste that adress into your post and the thing will show up as a pic on the forums.

Note! Most imagehosting sites only allow certain formats of picture files to be hosted. You might have to convert the image to the right file type before hosting.

"If you listen, carefully. You can hear the Gods laughing."

Last words of Emperor Commodus. From "The Fall of the Roman Empire".

Thank you very much errant, now i can get started with my aar. watch out for it in the aar thread.