Thread: Judge lost lawsuit of 54$ million due to losing his pants

Default Judge lost lawsuit of 54$ million due to losing his pants

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20070625/...TaJkTCggEEtbAF

I think this speaks for itself. 54$ million because he the dry cleaner lost his pants? I think the dry cleaners lawyer said it best:

"Judge Bartnoff has spoken loudly in suggesting that, while consumers should be protected, abusive lawsuits like this will not be tolerated."

I could have understood 200$ for a new pair of pants and perhaps an extra 50$ for the inconvenience. But 54$ million for a pair of pants??
    Still maintain that crying on the pitch should warrant a 3 match ban

Lesbian Rebel Member Mikeus Caesar's Avatar

Default Re: Judge lost lawsuit of 54$ million due to losing his pants

That's absurd. Good thing he lost, silly old man.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ranika
    I'm being assailed by a mental midget of ironically epic proportions. Quick as frozen molasses, this one. Sharp as a melted marble. It's disturbing. I've had conversations with a braying mule with more coherence.

And this kind of people gets to choose whether people go to jail for life or not...

Jillian & Allison's Daddy Senior Member Don Corleone's Avatar

It's worse than you think. The with the pants bankrupted the poor family who had to keep spending good money after bad defending themselves. They offered him 10K at one point! And this jerk, who's a judge after all, kept suing them and suing them, knowing he wouldn't have to pay any legal bills. It became a pet project for him.

In the judgement, I saw the first bit of wisdom out of our legal system that I've seen in some time. The pants guy has to pay ALL the legal bills for the drycleaning family (to the tune of like $100K!)
    "A man who doesn't spend time with his family can never be a real man."
    Don Vito Corleone: The Godfather, Part 1.

"Then wait for them and swear to God in heaven that if they spew that bull to you or your family again you will cave there heads in with a sledgehammer"
    Strike for the South

What i found curious about the affair was that the NY Times and Washington Post reported on this scam back in April (PB about the same time) and USN&WR reported on iy last week as though it were just happening. BTW, is in our (the) "News of the Weird" thread.

Regardless, that a Judge would do such a thing on a whim is outrageous. Now we get to see if he gets sanctioned or disbarred.
    To forgive bad deeds is Christian; to reward them is Republican. 'MC' Rove
    The early bird may get the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese.
    ]Clowns to the right of me, Jokers to the left ... here I am - stuck in the middle with you.

Save the Whales. Collect the whole set of them.

Better to have your enemys in the tent pissin' out, than have them outside the tent pissin' in. LBJ

He who laughs last thinks slowest.