Thread: Taking the World - Big Problems

Default Taking the World - Big Problems

Hi all, first time posting. I'm trying to take the whole map using the Julii. I've got the whole of mainland Europe, most of Northern Europe and the Near East, and most of North Africa and Greece. However, after a particularly brutal series of battles against the senate armies (I beat 4 in one turn!) I took Rome - only to find that the game only allows me to return to the main menu, and dosn't give me the option of contiuing the campaign. Is there a way that I can get around this and take the whole map?
    Thanks in advance.
    He who fails to plan, plans to fail.

Default Re: Taking the World - Big Problems

Warm welcomes from the Grace, Corky 123!!

You can certainly continue the game, I believe you have to quick-save, or(regular) save.

However I'm not so sure, so standby for more posts if I'm incorrect.

Thanks for the reply. The problem is that I don't have the option to save. As soon as I take Rome a scroll opens with a little movie of my leader in the senate house and some rousing music. The only option I'm given is 'return to main menu'. Which is annoying.

Prince of Maldonia Member Toby and Kiki Champion, Goo Slasher Champion, Frogger Champion woad&fangs's Avatar

The easiest way is to just have rome be the last settlement you capture. Otherwise their is no other way to conquer the whole map as far as I know.
    Why did the chicken cross the road?

So that its subjects will view it with admiration, as a chicken which has the daring and courage to boldly cross the road,
    but also with fear, for whom among them has the strength to contend with such a paragon of avian virtue? In such a manner is the princely
    chicken's dominion maintained. ~Machiavelli

Poo. Thanks anyway.

or you can make Rome rebel after you take it,of coz do it before you reach 50 cities limit(if you own more than 50 region,then you can only leave it alone before you conquer the whole map and take it as the last stronghold of the map)
    Last edited by guineawolf; 07-26-2007 at 09:41.
    In all warfare,speed is the key!

Post Re: Taking the World - Big Problems

Hi and welcome Corky_123,
    I'm sorry to say that you are running a version (1.0 or 1.1) which does not support campaign continuations. You can allow this feature, but I'm not too sure if your save game will be playable after the patching process is complete.

If you wish to continue the game past your conquest of Rome, then you firstly have to download the 1.2 patch from this location. I'm reasonably sure that your saved game will be made non-playable by this. The next patch in the chain, 1.5, may allow you to do this, but I still cannot guarantee that it will operate correctly.

Alternatively, you could conquer the map, and leave Rome alone till later on when you have conquered the whole world. If you want, you can also tactically surround Rome with troops, a small army on each tile adjacent to the city, to prevent any men from leaving their settlement as shown:

A A A
    A R A
    A A A

Where A stands for your forces and R stands for Rome.

Hope this helps, cheers!
    Dawn is nature's way of telling you to go back to bed

Ah. A patch it is then. Thanks for the help. Off the begin again now. Pesky Gauls...

If I told you, I'd have to kill you. England.

Wink Re: Taking the World - Big Problems

Quote Originally Posted by Omanes Alexandrapolites
    If you wish to continue the game past your conquest of Rome, then you firstly have to download the 1.2 patch from this location. I'm reasonably sure that your saved game will be made non-playable by this. The next patch in the chain, 1.5, may allow you to do this, but I still cannot guarantee that it will operate correctly.
    Actually, you don't need 1.1 or 1.2 at all. Just go right from 1.0 to 1.3, then to 1.5. But, you must have 1.3 before you get 1.5.

Of course, if you've got BI (1.4), then install it over RTW 1.0, which auto-patches RTW to 1.3, then get the 1.6 patch for BI which also auto-patches RTW 1.3 to 1.5.
    I believe in a society without rules, laws and regulations. A society where there are only ideas - strict ideas that must be followed to by the letter - and any failure to comply is punishable by death. This would be no dictatorship or police state, no one would be living in terror. It would merely be a 'reassessment of one's preferences,' people living in 'not-so-optimistic security.' So, welcome, those who are 'longing to be blindly obedient and loyal, unbeknownst to them.'

Post Re: Taking the World - Big Problems

Hi Kaidonni,
    I'm very sorry to disagree, yet may I point out that either the earlier 1.2 patch or the later 1.3 patch is an acceptable way to step upto 1.5 from the outdated versions 1.1 or 1.0. I believe that both of the patches are helpfully cumilative.
    Last edited by Omanes Alexandrapolites; 06-26-2007 at 17:42.
    Dawn is nature's way of telling you to go back to bed

RTW V1.5 & BI V1.6 Member Severous's Avatar

Hi

Ive seen no end of problems when people patch to V1.5 by going through 1.1 or 1.2.

The advice ive seen many times is patch from V1.0 to V1.3 then V1.5. It worked for me.

Your current version is shown in top right corner of your options menu.
    Regards
    (RTW Eras: RTW V1.5 and BI V1.6 No Mods)

Currently writing a Scipii AAR (with pictures)
    https://forums.totalwar.org/vb/showthread.php?t=91877

Barbarian Invasion. Franks hold out against the world.
    https://forums.totalwar.org/vb/showthread.php?t=77526

that has happened to me on my best one I just left it be

Quote Originally Posted by Omanes Alexandrapolites
    Hi and welcome Corky_123,
    I'm sorry to say that you are running a version (1.0 or 1.1) which does not support campaign continuations. You can allow this feature, but I'm not too sure if your save game will be playable after the patching process is complete.

Alternatively, you could conquer the map, and leave Rome alone till later on when you have conquered the whole world. If you want, you can also tactically surround Rome with troops, a small army on each tile adjacent to the city, to prevent any men from leaving their settlement as shown:

A A A
    A R A
    A A A

Where A stands for your forces and R stands for Rome.

Hope this helps, cheers!
    how and where do i get 1.3 patch?
    In all warfare,speed is the key!

Honorary Argentinian Senior Member Gyroball Champion, Karts Champion Caius's Avatar

Smile Re: Taking the World - Big Problems

Quote Originally Posted by guineawolf
    how and where do i get 1.3 patch?
    Hello guineawolf,

You can find the 1.3 patch here.

It will show up a new window who says Redirecting. Wait a few seconds and the patch will start to download.

It is highly recommended by some users this patch, but I prefer the 1.5 patch.

See you in the battlefield!

Garcilaso

Names, secret names
    But never in my favour
    But when all is said and done
    It's you I love

Just save the game when they say u r victorious.then select continue campaign on the main menu

Press Esc when they say u r victorious.now the menu with savegame will appear.save the game then select continue campaign on the main menu

Romanboy is quite correct on both counts. Save on the victory screen using ESC allowed me to proceed to conquer the entire world in 1.0. Just exit the game after saving, and open the save and off you go!