Thread: Descr_model_battle

Default Descr_model_battle

Hi, I had a question about adjusting the distances for different lod-s of the models on battlefield - see "Newbie looking for help..." on 21th of june, from EZO. Is anyone willing to answer those questions, please? I cant believe nobody knows anything about that, or you dont give a ****, so friends, would you be so kind and take a look at that question again, and give me some answer... any answer... Or tell me to go to hell. Thank you. :-)

Harbinger of... saliva Member alpaca's Avatar

Default Re: Descr_model_battle

There's no descr_model_battle anymore, you have to edit unit_models/battle_models.modeldb
    I think there's a tutorial on how to do that, so you should check it out. In fact you should have a look at possibly related tutorials before asking these questions.

Quote Originally Posted by alpaca
    There's no descr_model_battle anymore, you have to edit unit_models/battle_models.modeldb
    I think there's a tutorial on how to do that, so you should check it out. In fact you should have a look at possibly related tutorials before asking these questions.
    Thanks for answering, Alpaca. I already figured it out that there is no descr_model_battle, and I found battle_models.modeldb instead. The question was how can I edit this battle_models.modeldb, because I cannot identify the data I need, it looks very different... And, as i mentioned, I am new here and couldn't orientate myself in the very large amount of topics and post... i simply couldn't find what I'm looking for. Believe me, first I have looked, and only after asked for help :-)

Harbinger of... saliva Member alpaca's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ezo
    Thanks for answering, Alpaca. I already figured it out that there is no descr_model_battle, and I found battle_models.modeldb instead. The question was how can I edit this battle_models.modeldb, because I cannot identify the data I need, it looks very different... And, as i mentioned, I am new here and couldn't orientate myself in the very large amount of topics and post... i simply couldn't find what I'm looking for. Believe me, first I have looked, and only after asked for help :-)
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=83515

There's also this for the modelsdb. In general you just open it as a text file: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=84043

Hi, Alpaca, thanks, the second link was useful and helped me a lot, although certain things are still unclear, but I guess I'll have to spend a few hours to check things out, just like anybody else does:-) Thanks for your help. I'll be back to tell you if things are OK, and could be modified as I wanted... I would never found this alone, thanx again