Thread: Allied troops in Spain

Default Allied troops in Spain

I am playing as Carthage, and I am heartbroken to discover that I cannot recruit Scortamavera (Lusotannan medium_infantry), or indeed any of the Lusotann Faction Roster, from the western & northern Spanish provinces with MIC5.

I have succeeded in getting the Loricati Scutari with a MIC5 at Baikor.

I built a MIC5 at Scutum-Murgi (with a Allied Type 4 Government) and found that I could recruit.... nothing additional. I was shattered that I couln't get Scortamavera there, as it had been part of the Luotannan homeland. No. Still just the same old Iberian velites, milites and caetrarti. At least I know next time to just build a type 2 (Colony) Government there.

Am I making a mistake, or is this the way it works? No Lusotannan Scortamavera, Gestikapoinann or Ambakaro as recruitable local troops for Carthage in Spain?

[Of course I can recruit the Scortamavera as mercs - but they are expensive!)

H.
    Last edited by HamilcarBarca; 06-26-2007 at 06:56.

Speaker of Truth Senior Member Moros's Avatar

Default Re: Allied troops in Spain

DOn't forget to build MIC 5 in the two northern Iberian regions where you can recruit the tanks.

Asia ton Barbaron mapper Member Pharnakes's Avatar

Smile Re: Allied troops in Spain

Only as the lusotanannan though.
    Asia ton Barbaron The new eastern mod for eb!

Laziest member of the team My red balloons, as red as the blood of he who mentioned Galatians.
    Roma Victor!

Yous ee gishes?

DOn't forget to build MIC 5 in the two northern Iberian regions where you can recruit the tanks.
    No he cant. Carthaginians cant build Akamparos or the tanks.
    For several reasons, I think:
    1st - These are Lusotannan unique units. You can recruit Iberii Lancearii (catrafacts) an Iberian Assault infantry in the south provinces and Iberii catreatii scutarii in Celtiberia that are more than you need. And they can build Naked fanatics in gaul and lots of elite troops and elephants in Africa, so why do you want them? If you want Akamparos, Vasci armoured troops (the tanks) and Scortamavera just play Lusotannan .

2nd - Historicaly Cartage never owned Lusitânia (where the Lusotannans are) or north iberia, they just had conquered the south and the east of Iberia.

Note: I'm also playing Carthage and I'm kicking roman's asses. All I need is with Forest elephants and Iberii Lancearii and they dont have an chance. In one of my last battles (in huge settings) I had 2200 troops (shitty infantry and less than I would want, 12 forest elephants, 55 Iberii lancearii 2 units of numidian cavalry 2 of Carthaginian citisen cavalry, two units of cretan mercenairs, two of balearic slingers and two general with 30+40 bodyguards) and they had 2800 (one super general (faction heir) with 100 bodyguards, lots of samnite milites, pedites extroardinary, triarii, equites extroardinarii and few rorarii, accensi and gaelic mercenairs). It was an hard battle, but was such an win!!!! And with few losses
    I prefer to use Akamparos and Vasci armoured troops in my Lusotannan tactics.
    Last edited by LusitanianWolf; 06-26-2007 at 20:18.

Speaker of Truth Senior Member Moros's Avatar

They can't? How lame.