Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Good Breeding: A guide to taking care of your family tree.

Default Re: Good Breeding: A guide to taking care of your family tree.

Also apparently if that factions royal family is all killed off you may inherit their properties if the queen is still alive.
    What ecactly do you mean here,? Properties as in real-estate or you mean as in traits?
    di vos incolumes custodiant

but I suggest to everyone to remember to NEVER built the brothel line of buildings. The happyness is not worth it since it will give your Governors horrible traits like the Drunken line, Adulterer, Extravegant, ect...
    I think this can be counterd by moving your governor out of the settlement at least 40% of his movement points and then returning him back to the settlement.

sorry for the double post, i couldn't find the edit button

Master Procrastinator Member TevashSzat's Avatar

Aye, but when your empire gets to be like 30 provinces, it becomes a huge hassel to remember to move all of your generals every turn. If your besieged or there is a huge army nearby, you might not even be able to and it may be that turn that your guy gets the bad trait.
    "I do not know what I may appear to the world; but to myself I seem to have been only like a boy playing on the seashore, and diverting myself in now and then finding a smoother pebble or a prettier shell than ordinary, whilst the great ocean of truth lay all undiscovered before me." - Issac Newton

Very true, so the solution would be to not build them in every settlement, but I think you should at least build a few. One at the very least. tho sometimes I tend to go OCD like and try to build every building in every settlement.

I know I'm drudging up a really, REALLY old thread here, but hopefully somebody can help me out with an answer.

Basically, how in the world did the OP marry off every single one of his non-heir family members to a princess? As far as I know, the only way to marry a family member to a princess is by arranging a marriage with your heir in diplomacy, and I ran into this question almost immediately when I tried to replicate his family tree in the first post.

Alright, I can't believe I'm joining a forum just to necro a thread this old, but this misses one really (really) important thing.

The alchemist that many of the faction leaders have at the start of the game is one of the few transferrable NPCs.

The alchemist doubles your HP relative to your bodyguards and increases your fertility. You can use it to farm for battle traits by having your general do multiple charges, as long as you are careful, and with a bit of luck end up with one or two traits that also increase HP. Then you can pass it on and have two, or three, highly skilled and nigh unkillable generals that can end up giving at least some of what they pick up to their children. (This tends to be mostly promise at command and dread, though a good crusade can get someone up to maximum chivalry very quickly.)

Since the game generally tries not to give you too many generals, and family members are treated as generals in waiting, you can also skew the birth rates towards generals with positive inborn traits by using the alchemist.

The alchemist is seriously the most useful single thing in the game for training generals and assuring good traits in future generals.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12