Thread: Problem with Word 2003: Pictures and Equations not showing

Senior Member Senior Member Duke John's Avatar

Default Problem with Word 2003: Pictures and Equations not showing

Hi,

I have a problem with MS Word 2003. It gives me the following error:

There is not enough memory or disk space to display or print the picture.

Which is shown when I click on a empty rectangle. On the place of the rectangle there used to be a picture or equation. It does not happen with all pictures or equations. I don't recall doing anything special except inserting pictures, equations and copy/pasting text from a different document.

The file is only 4.4 MB and 21 pages, while I have a couple of GB available harddisk space and over 200 MB physical memory available.

It happened to me before with a different word file and I believe on a different computer too. The internet doesn't give me any answers, while I would think that it is quite a "common" error since I've gotten it a few times now.

Does anyone recognize this issue and how did you deal with it and how to avoid it?

Thanks,
    Rob

Master Procrastinator Member TevashSzat's Avatar

Default Re: Problem with Word 2003: Pictures and Equations not showing

Umm.....maybe its a RAM problem? How much RAM do you have?
    "I do not know what I may appear to the world; but to myself I seem to have been only like a boy playing on the seashore, and diverting myself in now and then finding a smoother pebble or a prettier shell than ordinary, whilst the great ocean of truth lay all undiscovered before me." - Issac Newton

Clan Takiyama Senior Member R'as al Ghul's Avatar

It's best to google the exact error with quotation marks like this:
    Code:
    "There is not enough memory or disk space to display or print the picture"
    At a quick glance the search results seem to be related. Try adding more words outside the quotes like word or image.

R'as

Singleplayer: Download beta_8
    Multiplayer: Download beta_5.All.in.1
    I'll build a mountain of corpses - Ogami Itto, Lone Wolf & Cub
    Sometimes standing up for your friends means killing a whole lot of people - Sin City, by Frank Miller

Senior Member Senior Member Duke John's Avatar

I googled it, but it is mostly about RAM. I seriously doubt that a 5 MB document is too tough to handle when I have 512 MB physical RAM. And task manager shows plenty of memory available.

I could easily replace the defect images by exactly the same ones, which then do show. It's not an issue of RAM. It probably has to do with things getting corrupt or other crappy programming and in that case I would like to know when it is triggered so that I can avoid it.

Ah, found a possible working solution: http://www.nuclearphynance.com/Show%...ostIDKey=74455
    Or not... but at least I know that I am not alone
    Last edited by Duke John; 06-28-2007 at 15:59.

Clan Takiyama Senior Member R'as al Ghul's Avatar

I didn't have time to check the search results but it looked as if plenty of people have that problem with images and graphics.
    It's not unlikely that there's no solution. As a workaround you could get OpenOffice which is able to read and write Word2003 docs. I've recently heard that somebody who had the latest word version wasn't able to open his oldest Word files from eons ago. He was able to open them with OOffice, though.

Singleplayer: Download beta_8
    Multiplayer: Download beta_5.All.in.1
    I'll build a mountain of corpses - Ogami Itto, Lone Wolf & Cub
    Sometimes standing up for your friends means killing a whole lot of people - Sin City, by Frank Miller