Page 26 of 54 FirstFirst ... 1622232425262728293036 ... LastLast

Thread: Sengoku Jidai, Japanese interactive History

Poll Smoker Senior Member CountArach's Avatar

Default Re: Sengoku Jidai, Japanese interactive History

Orders sent.
    Rest in Peace TosaInu, the Org will be your legacy
    Quote Originally Posted by Leon Blum - For All Mankind
    Nothing established by violence and maintained by force, nothing that degrades humanity and is based on contempt for human personality, can endure.

Retired Senior Member Prince Cobra's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Well, Miyoshi Chokei is back surviving a sweet test.

If you want to discuss something with me then I will reply on Friday. I will speak with those who I could not today on Friday.
    Last edited by Prince Cobra; 12-19-2007 at 14:12.
    R.I.P. Tosa...

Are there any available clans at the moment?

i believe theres, hojo, takeda and Ashiina... perhaps Yamana
    In the absence of orders, find something and Kill it - Erwin Rommel

I'll take Takeda if possible.

Hi Shogun! I will give you the starting information for Takeda clan when the next chapter will be out, then you can start controlling the clan. Welcome to the game.
    Ja Mata Tosainu Sama.

Thank you for answering so quickly. And I'm looking forward to it!

Defender Troll Member Revolting Friendship's Avatar

Open message from clan Ôtomo:

Lord Ôtomo wishes to announce that Ôtomo Yoshimune will be governor over Chikuzen.
    lol

Miyoshi i need a reply to my pm asap please.. cant do my decisions without it buddy

Hate to say this but I just don't think I can play this IH for a while yet. I've sorta lost a bit of interest and i've been doing other things that eat up time too. On top of that, the inevitable Christmas day will surely make me even less able to play this IH. Perhaps in another two or three weeks i'll be more up for it but at the moment i'm just not up for it. I plan to come back eventually but if my spot's taken I could hardly complain. The show must go on, after all.

In case I don't come back when i'm ready, thanks Kage for the great IH and Revolting Friendship for his steadfast loyalty
    First Secretary Rodion Malinovsky of the C.P.S.U.

https://forums.totalwar.org/vb/showthread.php?t=86316

12th Century Glory!
    http://z14.invisionfree.com/12th_Cen...d7dc28&act=idx

"I can do anything I want, I'm eccentric! HAHAHA!"-Rat Race

Do you think the Golden Rule should apply to masochists as well?

92% of teens have moved onto rap. If you are part of the 8% that still listen to real music, copy and paste this into your signature. yes that's right i dont listen rap..

Blog Entries

Post Re: Sengoku Jidai, Japanese interactive History

Quote Originally Posted by Derfasciti
    Hate to say this but I just don't think I can play this IH for a while yet. I've sorta lost a bit of interest and i've been doing other things that eat up time too. On top of that, the inevitable Christmas day will surely make me even less able to play this IH. Perhaps in another two or three weeks i'll be more up for it but at the moment i'm just not up for it. I plan to come back eventually but if my spot's taken I could hardly complain. The show must go on, after all.

In case I don't come back when i'm ready, thanks Kage for the great IH and Revolting Friendship for his steadfast loyalty

OOC: Sad to hear it Derf. Another player dropping out .

Back on the topic:

Noble Asai,

We will try to give you our answer this evening.

Miyoshi Chokei, Kanrei
    Last edited by Prince Cobra; 12-23-2007 at 17:20.
    R.I.P. Tosa...

OOC:
    Derfasciti:

Ack, I'm sad to hear. But ofcourse RL comes first. Thanks in turn for all the cooperation, it has been much fun.
    lol

I'm a bit late with decisions due to the confusing situation and the sheer difficulty of making a decision.
    Friendship, Fun & Honour!

"The Prussian army always attacks."
    -Frederick the Great

Prince of Maldonia Member Toby and Kiki Champion, Goo Slasher Champion, Frogger Champion woad&fangs's Avatar

OOC: I got mine in a few hours ago.

IC:
    Message to all of Japan
    As long as the Imagawa refuse to acknowledge our indepence, their allies are our enemies and their enemies are our friends.
    Last edited by woad&fangs; 12-23-2007 at 23:50.
    Why did the chicken cross the road?

So that its subjects will view it with admiration, as a chicken which has the daring and courage to boldly cross the road,
    but also with fear, for whom among them has the strength to contend with such a paragon of avian virtue? In such a manner is the princely
    chicken's dominion maintained. ~Machiavelli

Decisions sent.

-Frederick the Great

So...When is the next chapter starting?

Nascent Veteran Member Tiberius of the Drake's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Shogun
    So...When is the next chapter starting?

yeah...what he said
    "Something can be done, by careful analysis, to sort out truth from propaganda and legend. But this is where the real difficulties begin, since each student inevitably selects, constitutes criteria, according to his own unconscious assumptions, social, ethical or political. Moral conditioning, in the widest sense, plays a far greater part in the matter than most people- especially the historians themselves-ever realize."
    -Peter Green

I havent yet got orders from Uesugi and Imagawa. Also Derfasciti. I really do hope that you are not quitting. You have played from the start and i hope you would continue. I f people keep quitting the game each round im starting to think that there must be something wrong with it.
    Ja Mata Tosainu Sama.

There is nothing wrong with the IH Kage

Its just time consuming because its so good !! you cant get enough.

Were all plagued by the curse that is RL

Poll Smoker Senior Member CountArach's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kagemusha
    I havent yet got orders from Uesugi and Imagawa. Also Derfasciti. I really do hope that you are not quitting. You have played from the start and i hope you would continue. I f people keep quitting the game each round im starting to think that there must be something wrong with it.
    Nothing wrong with it at all.
    Rest in Peace TosaInu, the Org will be your legacy
    Quote Originally Posted by Leon Blum - For All Mankind
    Nothing established by violence and maintained by force, nothing that degrades humanity and is based on contempt for human personality, can endure.

Since I have some severe form of compulsive-obsessive disorder, I personally feel that the only thing wrong with this IH is all the time between the updates.

Kage:
    If someone is too much overdue with their orders, can't you just move ahead anyway? I mean if it's just like, two persons as in this case?
    lol

I agree with RevoltingFriendship, two people shouldn't be stopping the IH from progressing, if they're not doing anything this turn than it isn't our problem.

Just to inform everyone, I will start my military service this Monday, but I should be able to still participate although don't expect quick pm responses. If for some reason I fail to send my decisions, feel free to do them for me Kage. I think you've got an idea of what type of man Nobunaga is.

-Frederick the Great

ooc:

Sorry for my inactivity, Ive been on vacation. Now to catch up and make the glory of the Imagawa shine throughout all Nippon.

"Such is the pride of the Romans that they would think that citizens of a Greek city would need their protection."
    - an ATL Aristophanes of Byzantium from his work De historía Priteni

https://forums.totalwar.org/vb/showthread.php?t=96006

Is it Nippon or Nihon?

Nascent Veteran Member Tiberius of the Drake's Avatar

nippon
    "Something can be done, by careful analysis, to sort out truth from propaganda and legend. But this is where the real difficulties begin, since each student inevitably selects, constitutes criteria, according to his own unconscious assumptions, social, ethical or political. Moral conditioning, in the widest sense, plays a far greater part in the matter than most people- especially the historians themselves-ever realize."
    -Peter Green

Guessing this is dead?

Join the ICLADOLLABOJADALLA! Member IrishArmenian's Avatar

I hope not, nor do I believe so. It is temporarily dormant.

"Half of your brain is that of a ten year old and the other half is that of a ten year old that chainsmokes and drinks his liver dead!" --Hagop Beegan

Chapter 10, Summer 1562

War ravages the land with relentless fury. While Kyushu and Shikoku are relatively peacefull the main island of Japan, Honshu is facing wars both East and West.

One of the few major Daimyos that are not engaged in war, Shimazu Takahisa witnesses the completion of the first large scale Church in Japan, in his capital Kagoshima. From now on there is new sound in Kagoshima as the bells of the church will call upon the followers of the new faith in to mass each Sunday.

While the Shimazu might live in peace, the Otomo of Northern Kyushu are engaged heavily in war in Chugoku region in support of Mori and Ukita, against the forces of Amako and Yamana.

Otomo Sorin orders reinforcements from Kyushu under Otomo Yoshimune numbering 3000, together with the Otomo force in Bizen to be shipped to Bingo province in support of Mori Clan who ships 4000 Mori troops via sea, while the Daimyo of Mori, Motonari leads personally another contingent of 4000 trough Bingo. Together this force numbering almost 16000 men lays siege to Amako´s castle in Bingo, Taigashima on June, which is protected by 5000 Amako warriors.

Attack on Bingo is not the only attack ordered by Mori Motonari. Kikkawa Motoharu leads an attack from Iwami into with 9000 men and besieges the Amako capital Gassan Toda, which is defended by 5000 men.

Before the Mori summer offensive the Daimyo of Amako, Haruhisa decides to retire in favour of his son Yoshihisa, the retainers of the Amako understand Haruhisas decision as his health is getting worse each day, while he gives all his strength in support of his son. Haruhisa sensing that death is close, tries to end his life with honour by riding to Bingo and challenging Mori Motonari into duel, but his close retainers refuse to let his lord into certain death and talk young lord Yoshihisa to reject his fathers wish. While in all fronts, Amako armies stay in defensive stance, in July the Amakos plan reveals itself as the Mori provinces of Iwami and Aki are being systematically ravaged.

Amako´s strategy has been to avoid major battles and instead they have sent 12000 warriors in small groups to Mori domain and these groups are burning down and killing peasants without any mercy. The few thousand Mori garrisons cant do anything to protect the ravaging of their lands as the Amako groups avoid any open confrontation.

Yamana Toyosada and Ukita Naoie avoid full confrontation so the situation in Bizen and Mimasaka remain relatively calm with only few minor Skirmishes between Yamana and Ukita with their Mori allies.

In central Japan, Miyoshi Chokei accepts Kitabatake Tomonori´s plea for sanctuary. Miyoshi also strikes a deal with the Pirates controlling Awaji island and the Wakou leave the island in peace. Soon after Matsunaga Hisahide lands on the island with 1300 men and starts inspecting the damages done by the Wakou.

Other then that Miyoshi stands immovable as mountain and doesnt react in any way on the war on the surrounding lands.
    Instead Chokei is pleased to see that a Buddhist temple has been erected in Settsu and also the repairs of Takeyama castle are finished and the old Hatakeyama capital is now functioning castle of Miyoshi Clan.

The war between Asakura together with Saito against Oda and Asai, turns brutal as each side tries to out manouver their opponents.

On June first Asakura Kagetaka gives order to assault Kiyosu, the Oda capital. While Shibata Katsuie fights ferociously with his 1000 men, the 20000 strong force of Asakura and Saito attack the castle from all sides, so while Shibata is able to create casualties to enemy his situation is hopeless.
    As the allied army pushes the Oda from walls, others brake the gates of Kiyosu and soon Shibata and his remaining men are trapped in main Donjon.
    Asakura Kagetaka orders a short rest for his assault troops, while his teppo and yumi troops pepper the main donjon with furious fire from all sides.
    At around noon the war drums and conch shells of the allied army signal a general assault against the main donjon and after hour of fighting, Asakura Samurai presents the head of Shibata Katsuie who fought valiantly to the end to Asakura Kagetaka, meaning that Kiyosu has changed ownership. All 1000 defenders are slain and the allied army suffers about 3000 casualties in the assault.

While Asakura Kagetaka is successful in his assault, Asakura daimyo Yoshikage leads an army of 4000 men into Saito domain to help defend it would the enemy attack there. After reaching Mino province, Yoshikage finds out that he has made an grim error.

Oda Nobunaga, understanding the hopeless situation in Owari and after receiving intelligence information through Asai decides to bring the fight to enemy.
    Nobunaga leads 9000 Oda troops, together little more then 3000 Asai warriors, straight to the heart of Echizen, the Asakura capital Ichijodani. The capital is garrisoned by only 1000 defenders and Nobunaga decides to return the favour of assaulting his capital to Asakura.

At the morning of 11th of June, Oda launches a full scale assault against Ichijodani. While the Oda and Asai missile troops cover the walls so Asakura forces are unable to return much fire at all, Oda and Asai start braking the gates of Ichijodani.
    In this hopeless situation, the commander of the castle, Asakura Kageakira understanding what is about to happen sends a messenger to main Donjon, which is housing many of the Asakura family members, including the wife and infant children of the Asakura daimyo, telling that he cant hold the attackers and only thing remaining to do is to end their lives with their own hand while Kageakira will commit an suicide sally in order to buy time.

Soon the remaining defenders gather to the main gate of the castle and wait the morbid signal. As soon as Kageakira witnesses the first smoke and flames coming from the main tower, signaling the death of his lords family. He rushes out from the front gate, straight in the lap of Nobunaga, who annihilates his tiny force with relative ease. The casualty rate in this battle is about the same as in the assault against Kiyosu and the fact is that both Asakura and Oda capitals have been lost.

Asai daimyo sends 500 men from Ise to Shima and as there is nobody defending the province for Kitabatake, Asai takes over it without any casualties.

In Tokai coast Tokugawa Ieasy plans to go on offense, while inspecting the situation on Owari. He dispatches a small army of 2000 men to Southern Shinano to test the defenses of Takeda there, while moves out towards Owari with 5000 in order to help Oda if an opportunity raises.

On June second, while marching towards Owari he receives a message from Owari that Kiyosu has fallen, so Ieasy decides that there is nothing he can do and turns back home. A day after, while marching back to his capital Okazaki, Honda Tadakatsu who is leading the expeditionary force to Southern Shinano sends lot more disturbing message to his lord Ieasy.

Soon after crossing the border to Shinano, Tadakatsu starts receiving disturbing messages from his scouts. All roads towards Mikawa are filled with Imagawa, Takeda and Hojo troops as combined army about 25000 strong is marching towards Mikawa.
    Honda has no other options then turning back and withdrawing while observing the enemy.

On June 8th the combined army under Takeda General Yamamoto Kansuke, crosses the border of Mikawa and stops for a little while, a glimmer of hope is witnessed among Tokugawa, as there are speculations that the army might change its path and march somewhere else.
    Soon reports from scouts show that situation is far from it.

While the combined army rests and stays on defense on the Mikawa border area, Imagawa Yoshimoto, the daimyo of Imagawa clan has gathered his men and started marching towards Mikawa with 7500 men. On June 15th the two armies combine now under Yoshimoto, the army numbering over 30000 men marches to Okazaki and lays siege on the Tokugawa capital. Instead of offensive, Tokugawa finds himself surrounded inside his capital.

After receiving the news of large army departing from Central Shinano, The Dragon of Echigo, Uesugi Kenshin orders his army of 20000 men to march into central Shinano to find out the strength of enemy there.
    On July 2nd Kenshins force meet the Takeda near Ueda in central Shinano. To his disappointment the forces are about even, while Takeda has slight advance with their 23000 men, also the army is commanded by the Takeda Daimyo himself, Takeda Shingen. No serious battle ensues as the opposing forces only skirmish each other in order to find out any possible weaknesses from the enemy and the situation remains in standstill for the rest of the summer with the two armies monitoring each other.

In the Northern Japan Date receives help from his allies Satake and Satomi with Satake sending 2500 men and Satomi 3000 men in order to help Date against Nanbu, while another ally Ashina, lets the reinforcements pass through their lands. On July 20th Satake army combines its forces with Date forces in South Western Dewa and starts marching towards Sendai, the capital of Date. The Satomi force few days behind Satake is marching towards Northern Dewa to defeat the enemy there.

The combined force of 7000 men under the Date daimyo Harumune arrives in the vicinity of Sendai on 25th of July and prepares for an attack the following night, against the 7000 men of Nanbu. At dusk of the day Harumune dispatches majority of his mounted samurai to attack the rear guards of Nanbu creating confusion amongst the Nanbu clan, who are not sure where the attack will be coming. Soon after the teppo and yumi of Date and Satake start shooting at the camp from the front side, while a contingent of their foot soldiers are guarding the missiles, who are cleverly shooting mix of fire and normal arrows, so in darkness the enemy cant predict their volleys. Nanbu Harumasa thinks that this must be the main attack force and orders an attack against the missile warriors. Soon after the Nanbu attack is launched the main foot contingent of the allied army appears behind the Nanbu attacking their rear, while the remaining garrison of Sendai sallies simultaneously. In this situation Nanbu Harumasa makes a painful decision and decides to leave his attacking force to their own devices while retreating with the left flank from the battle. Soon the vanguard, right and center of Nanbu army is surrounded and after that annihilated. Nanbu Harumasa is able to retreat with his left wing numbering no more then 2000 men, while 5000 of his warriors lay dead or have surrendered to the enemy. Date losses are around 1000 and Satake casualties numbering about 600 men.

In Dewa, Satomi force under the heir Yoshihiro discovers that his force will be of no use yet. While entering the Mogami domain, a messenger of Mogami Yoshimori informs him that Mogami has already lead out a force of 6000 men and forced the Nanbu force numbering about 2000 of mainly their vassal Oura warriors out from Dewa without an battle. So in the end of the July, Date with their allies have completely beaten back the attack of Nanbu.

The pm´s will arrive during the weekend.
    Last edited by Kagemusha; 01-11-2008 at 19:10.
    Ja Mata Tosainu Sama.

Blog Entries

Wow, the wars got really bloody! The Miyoshi will have much to consider.
    R.I.P. Tosa...

Page 26 of 54 FirstFirst ... 1622232425262728293036 ... LastLast