Page 1 of 54 123451151 ... LastLast

Thread: Sengoku Jidai, Japanese interactive History

Default Sengoku Jidai, Japanese interactive History

Sengoku Jidai

The date is 1560. Since Onin War Japan has been in turmoil. Almost hundred years of internal strife between various Daimyos has left the country in ruins. The weak Ashikaga shogunate has no power over the warring factions and has themselves fallen on the role of puppets for various lords pursuing the power on the central Japan. With the arrival of European traders in 1543. The new gunpowder weapons are changing the image of the traditional Samurai warfare and any worthy Daimyo have been trying to secure these new weapons as much as possible.

Few stronger clans have been able to raise their lands and status, but anything is possible,when a single battle can mean victory or death for any of the contenders for power.
    In the Southern Island of Kuyshu. Shimazu Takahisa has been able to secure the provinces of Satsuma and Osumi and is now on the lookout for expansion towards the Northern parts of the island.
    In the Northern Kuyshu. Otomo clan lead by Otomo Sorin,has strong position. Their domain includes the provinces of Bungo,Buzen and Chikuzen. It seems its only matter of time when Otomo and Shimazu will clash against eachother in order to find out the true owner of Kuyshu island. But currently Otomo has other enemies to worry about.
    After destroying his former masters,the Ouchi Clan in 1555. Mori Motonari,the leader of Mori clan has become master of the Western part of Honshu,the main island of Japan. Mori clan now holds the provinces of Aki,Suo, Nagato and Iwami. His forces have also attacked Kuyshy,endangering the Otomo domain,which have caused war between the two powers.
    To the East of the Mori,lies the other power house of Western Japan, mighty Amako clan,lead by Amako Haruhisa. From their capital Gassan Toda, Amako holds the provinces of Izumo, Bingo and Hoki. Two decades a go Haruhisa tryed to annihilate the Mori, but while the odds were 3 to 1 on his favour,the war wasnt succesfull, but there is no doubt that his goal is still clear in his head.
    To the South of the lands of Amako and Mori, is another island of Japan, Shikoku.There on the Southern Tosa province, Chosokabe Kunichika has worked long and hard to gain control of the province. While he has been able to consolidate his domain, other factors have gained him a giant of a clan as his neighbour.
    Miyoshi clan led by Miyoshi Chokei has effectively crushed their former masters the Hosokawa and while they are based on Shikoku, currently their vast lands conclude large parts of the central Japan and also the Capital Kyoto is under their rule,while the Ashikaga Shogun, Yoshiteru is mere puppet of Miyoshi and their Matsunaga allies. Currently Miyoshi domain includes the provinces of Sanuki and Awa in Shikoku island, the small island of Awaji between the Honshu and Shikoku and Izumi,Settsu and Yamashiro on the main island.
    West from Capital,Clan Asai rule the province of Omi. Their leader Hisamasa rules from his capital Odani the turbulent province. The Asai are allied to the Asakura Clan which is their Northern neighbour. Asakura Yoshikage rules the province of Echizen and has committed lot of his efforts on defeating the Ikko Ikki rebels that rule the neighbouring Kaga province.
    South of Asai and their allies Asakura. A young ambitious Daimio has united the various branches of his family and has taken control over Owari province. This man is called Oda Nobunaga. Some say that there is a great future for the young Daimyo,but his neighbour Imagawa Clan has other thoughts.
    Imagawa Yoshimoto has been dreaming of conquering of Kyoto for a long time. Now he has gathered his men of provinces that are under Imagawa authority and is preparing to fullfill his dream. The provinces of Suruga, Totomi and Mikawa have provided him lots of men,but the stubborn Oda stand between his dreams of conquests and reality. To the North of Imagawa lives another Daimyo with dreams of conquering Japan.
    Takeda Shingen has relentlesly campaigned against almost all of his neighbours to largen the Takeda domain. With provinces of Kai and most of Shinano.He is a force to be reckoned with.
    To the North Of Takeda Domain is the Clan Uesugi. Relentless enemies of Takeda,lead by Uesugi Kenshin. Kenshin holds the title of Kanto Kanrei and is determined to to take all Kanto under Uesugi power. The current Uesugi domain is largely Echigo and parts of Shinano and Kozuke. In Kozuke the other Clan determined to take the province is the large Hojo clan. The leader of Hojo ,Ujiasy has fought all his life against all directions. In result of that the Hojo domain is the strongest on the Kanto plain. Their provinces are Izu, Sagami, Musashi and the Southern part of Kozuke. They are surrounded by hostile clans,but so far it has been the Hojo taking the lands of their enemies. While Imagawa,Takeda and Uesugi are threatening Hojo from West and North. There are more enemies in the East.Including Satomi and Satake clans.
    Satomi clan,lead by Satomi Yoshitaka own the Awai province on the Southern tip of Boso peninsula. They have warred Hojo for decades,trying to stop the advances of Hojo,both on sea and land.
    To the North of Satomi on the Eastern coast of Honshu, Satake holds the province of Hitachi. Their leader Satake Yoshiaki has taken Hitachi with multiple wars against multiple opponents. While Hojo is a imminent danger to Satake,there are more threats coming from the North. These threats include Date clan.
    Date Harumune owns parts of the large Northern province of Mutsu. He has worked hard to raise the status of his clan that fell deep during the civil war inside the clan not so long a go. With good use of force and diplomacy,the Date has chances to become the rulers of Northern Japan. But without those virtues a destruction in the hands of multiple enemies is very much possible.

provinces/ ownership after Autumn 1563

The name in list means the official owner of the province. A clan will be named as the owner of a province untill its completely conquered. Occupation of parts of province will not effect the owner in this list,only total conquering.

Kyushu

Satsuma/ Shimazu

Osumi/ Shimazu

Higo/ Shimazu

Huyga/ Shimazu

Bungo/ Otomo

Chikugo/ Shimazu

Buzen / Otomo

Hizen/ Otomo

Chikuzen/ Otomo

Shikoku

Tosa/ Chosokabe

Iyo/ Kono

Sanuki / Miyoshi

Awa/ Miyoshi

Awaji island / Miyoshi

Honshu

Nagato /Mori

Suo/ Mori

Aki/ Mori

Iwami West / Mori , Iwami East / Amako

Bingo / Amako

Izumo / Amako

Hoki/ Amako

Bitchu /Amako

Mimasaka / Amako west, Yamana East

Bizen /Ukita

Inaba /Yamana

Tajima /Yamana

Harima/ Akamatsu

Tamba/ Hatano

Tango/ Isshiki

Wakasa / Takeda( not main Takeda)

Settsu / Miyoshi

Izumi/ Miyoshi

Yamashiro / Miyoshi

Kwatchi/ Miyoshi

Yamato/ Tsutsui

Kii / Suzuki

Iga / Iga Monto

Ise / Kitabatake

Shima / Kitabatake

Omi / Asai

Echizen / Oda

Kaga / Hatakeyama

Mino / Saito

Hida / Anekagoji

Noto / Hatakeyama

Etchu/ Shiina

Shinano/ Takeda south,central, Uesugi north

Kai/ Takeda

Owari / Saito

Mikawa / Imagawa

Totomi / Imagawa

Suruga / Imagawa

Izu/ Hojo

Sagami /Hojo

Musashi/ Hojo

Kozuke/ Ashina

Kazusa / Satomi

Shimosa / Satomi

Awai/ Satomi

Hitachi/ Satake

Shimotsuke / Satake

Echigo/ Uesugi

Dewa/ Uesugi South west, Date South East, Mogami central and North.

Mutsu/ Ashina south, Date central, Date North East, Oura North West

Map of provinces from Samurai Archives,(with corrrect provincial borders).:

http://www.samurai-archives.com/map.html

Map of Provinces of Japan from Revolting Friendship:

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Map of current situation,after Autumn 1563:

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

From here you can find district maps for each province:

http://jpimg.digital.archives.go.jp/...genroku_e.html

Lots of information concerning Clans and characters:

http://www.samurai-archives.com/dictionary/index.html

Rules

There will be four seasons per year. Each chapter represents a season. After each chapter i will give options for each Clan for the next chapter. The diplomacy between players will last for one week. After a week the players will submit their answers.
    A player can pm other players with their diplomatic offers,with nonplayable Clans pm me. Players can also demand submission to Vassal for other clans or submit themselves if the other player accepts via diplomacy. This means that when submitting the player continues playing the game with limited options under the rule of the player they have submitted to. Also when a player conquers another human players clans last areas,he has the choice to make him vassal or exterminate his clan. If he makes the other player his vassal.The player that has turned into vassal continues playing the game as vassal of the other player with limited options. Decided by the victor,they can continue serving as generals for example fighting campaigns semi independently. If the players Clan is exterminated by the Conquer,he will drop out of the game. Also the loosing player can decide to commit Seppuku, which will result in him dropping out of the game after he has lost all his lands.
    When player conquers the whole territory of nonplayable clan he has basicly the same options.To include the Clan in his retainers as vassal or destroy it and give the lands to new lord of his choosing. Vassals can revolt, but as they are only semi independent there is always high risk of getting cought. If the players reach a deal in diplomacy they should make a public announcement about it.If the deal is secret one,all you need to do is for other of the deal makers to pm me about it,so i can take the deal in account. During the second week i will write the new chapter and post it in the end of that week or following weekend. The first playable factions are:

Economy

Each player has the knowledge of the maximum amount of troops he can raise. This is also the indicator of their wealth. Basicly one man= one koku (amount of rise to feed a man for a year). I have thought long and hard about how to solve this and this is how the economy will play out.

For example if you can raise maximum of 20000 men for your army, that means you can alternatively build for the amount of 20000 koku. As Japan is feudal society, the amount of trade is very limited and most income comes from taxing the agriculture.Here are prizes for buildings you can build:

Church/Temple 1000 koku (helps keeping the province happy,converting to other religion).

Teppo factory 10000 Koku (starts construction of your own teppos, first about 100 per season,later cannons etc. and increases its production.)

Castle upgrade 5000 koku (makes you stand sieges longer and betters the training of your men)

The castle sizes are from smallest to largest:

simple
    small
    medium
    large
    huge

Simple castle can hold out about 1 year of siege if well supplied, small about 1 and one quarter of year, medium one and half of year, large one and three quarters of a year and huge about two years of siege.

ship for your fleet 100 koku( each ship can carry 100 men.) Annual upkeep for each ship you have is 20 koku.

Each building takes an year to finish,you can build up to 10 ships per season on your coastal provinces.

For example if you can draft 15000 men in maximum, you can start building teppo factory during spring, but after that you only have resources left to maintain army of 5000 untill its completed after an year.

Portuguese and other European traders.

European traders arrive each Spring to Kuyshu. From there they move to Honshu and Shikoku during summer. They carry muskets and cannons as their merchandise,but not enough for all Japan, so depending on the Western Daimyos, the Eatern lords might not get any. Here are the prizes of their products.

musket 10 koku

cannon 500 koku

Players

Hojo

Takeda Fahad I

Uesugi Marshal Murat

Imagawa King Jan III Sobieski

Oda AggonyDuck

Asai Ravie

Miyoshi Stephen Asen

Amako King Kurt

Mori Xehh II

Otomo Revolting Friendship

Shimazu patdj

Yamana Rhyfelwyr

Satomi seireikhaan

Chosokabe Wishazu

Date Herakleitos

Satake Tiberius of the Drake

Tokugawa woad&fangs

Mogami Monk

Ashina Ichigo

Suzuki Seingthelas

past chapters

Autumn 1563 https://forums.totalwar.org/vb/showpo...postcount=1242

Summer 1563 https://forums.totalwar.org/vb/showpo...postcount=1160

Spring 1563 https://forums.totalwar.org/vb/showpo...&postcount=965

Winter 1562/1563 https://forums.totalwar.org/vb/showpo...&postcount=902

Autumn 1562 https://forums.totalwar.org/vb/showpo...&postcount=829

Summer 1562 https://forums.totalwar.org/vb/showpo...&postcount=779

Spring 1562 https://forums.totalwar.org/vb/showpo...&postcount=717

Winter 1561/1562 https://forums.totalwar.org/vb/showpo...&postcount=574

Autumn 1561 https://forums.totalwar.org/vb/showpo...&postcount=495

Summer 1561 https://forums.totalwar.org/vb/showpo...&postcount=425

Spring 1561 https://forums.totalwar.org/vb/showpo...&postcount=331

Winter 1560/1561 https://forums.totalwar.org/vb/showpo...&postcount=286

Autumn 1560 https://forums.totalwar.org/vb/showpo...&postcount=189

Summer 1560 https://forums.totalwar.org/vb/showpo...&postcount=133

Spring 1560 https://forums.totalwar.org/vb/showpo...6&postcount=64

If there is lots of intrest i will put up more playable clans.If less we will strip few of these off.I will control the clans that are not playable and will also play their diplomacy with the human players. The signing phase for this interactive will last two weeks.After people start signing in,i will start pm´ing them information about their clan,military power,neighbours etc.

Cheers!

Kage
    Last edited by Kagemusha; 05-20-2009 at 18:15.
    Ja Mata Tosainu Sama.

Kanto Kanrei Member Marshal Murat's Avatar

Default Re: Sengoku Jidai, Japanese interactive History

Uesugi
    MY CLAN!
    "Nietzsche is dead" - God

"I agree, although I support China I support anyone discovering things for Science and humanity." - lenin96

Re: Pursuit of happiness
    Have you just been dumped?

I ask because it's usually something like that which causes outbursts like this, needless to say I dissagree completely.

Quote Originally Posted by Marshal Murat
    Uesugi
    MY CLAN!
    Wellcome aboard m8! Then Uesugi it is.
    Ja Mata Tosainu Sama.

MORI!!!

Plz?

Thread killer Member Rodion Romanovich's Avatar

This looks very interesting - and now I have an excuse to finally learn more about Japanese history . However, I'm worried that my current knowledge of the period (close to none at all ) will make me unable to participate that well. If I have time to read about the basics of Japanese history of this period in the coming few days before this interactive really starts up, I'd not mind controlling one of the easier factions, unfortunately due to my still lacking knowledge of the period I have still no idea which faction that would be
    Under construction...

"In countries like Iran, Saudi Arabia and Norway, there is no separation of church and state." - HoreTore

I'm very interested. As for a clan, I think i'd like to play Shimazu. However, I might be open to change factions later.
    First Secretary Rodion Malinovsky of the C.P.S.U.

https://forums.totalwar.org/vb/showthread.php?t=86316

12th Century Glory!
    http://z14.invisionfree.com/12th_Cen...d7dc28&act=idx

"I can do anything I want, I'm eccentric! HAHAHA!"-Rat Race

Do you think the Golden Rule should apply to masochists as well?

92% of teens have moved onto rap. If you are part of the 8% that still listen to real music, copy and paste this into your signature. yes that's right i dont listen rap..

Adding shlin28 as Mori and Derfasciti as Shimazu. I will start writing pm´s to you two gentlemen

Quote Originally Posted by LegioXXXUlpiaVictrix
    This looks very interesting - and now I have an excuse to finally learn more about Japanese history . However, I'm worried that my current knowledge of the period (close to none at all ) will make me unable to participate that well. If I have time to read about the basics of Japanese history of this period in the coming few days before this interactive really starts up, I'd not mind controlling one of the easier factions, unfortunately due to my still lacking knowledge of the period I have still no idea which faction that would be
    Legio.The beuty is that you dont have to know all that much of Japanese history to start with.Once you pick a clan. I will pm you additional information about your clan and its neighbours.The warfare during the time of this game is not that different from pike and musket warfare. So pick a clan and find out. Basicly more lands the clan has on the start.Stronger it is.So just read the epilogue carefully and pick one.
    Ja Mata Tosainu Sama.

Ok! I think I'll take Takeda then
    Under construction...

"In countries like Iran, Saudi Arabia and Norway, there is no separation of church and state." - HoreTore

Quote Originally Posted by LegioXXXUlpiaVictrix
    Ok! I think I'll take Takeda then
    Then Takeda it is.
    Ja Mata Tosainu Sama.

Senior Member Senior Member Yeti Sports 1.5 Champion, Snowboard Slalom Champion, Monkey Jump Champion, Mosquito Kill Champion Csargo's Avatar

Hojo for me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sooh View Post
    I wonder if I can make Csargo cry harder by doing everyone but his ISO.

Quote Originally Posted by Ichigo
    Hojo for me.
    Adding Ichi as Hojo.
    Ja Mata Tosainu Sama.

Seeing as the Takeda are already taken, sign me up for Oda. By the way, what a superb choice of setting for an interactive history Kage.
    Friendship, Fun & Honour!

"The Prussian army always attacks."
    -Frederick the Great

Still warlusting... Member Warluster's Avatar

Sign me up as Otomo!

Humanist Senior Member Franconicus's Avatar

I am Imagawa! Although I do not know what that means!

That means, that you're my ally, and fighting for the good cause
    Under construction...

Poll Smoker Senior Member CountArach's Avatar

The Oda, I love playing against Adversity.
    Rest in Peace TosaInu, the Org will be your legacy
    Quote Originally Posted by Leon Blum - For All Mankind
    Nothing established by violence and maintained by force, nothing that degrades humanity and is based on contempt for human personality, can endure.

Assistant Mod Mod Member GiantMonkeyMan's Avatar
    plymouth - scrubbing Beirut's toilet with a cat...

what a great idea! i was thinking about doing this a few weeks ago because of my love for shogun: total war but didn't know enough about the era

please sign me for Asai

Quote Originally Posted by CountArach
    The Oda, I love playing against Adversity.
    Oda is already taken by Aggony Duck, isn't it?

" Hammer of the East" Member King Kurt's Avatar

Kagemusha san

Can I humbly request the pleasure of representing the forces of Amako
    (I know the smiley says shame, but it the nearest to a bow!)
    "Some people say MTW is a matter of life or death - but you have to realise it is more important than that"
    With apologies to Bill Shankly

My first balloon - for "On this day in History"

Alrighty then.Wellcome all new comers. So Duckie is Oda, Warluster Otomo, GiantMonkeyman Asai and Franc is Imagawa. I will try to write you your starting information as soon as possible. Count Arach,Oda is taken so pick another one. Edit: Wellcome also to my good friend King Kurt who will wield the Amako Clan.
    Last edited by Kagemusha; 06-28-2007 at 13:38.
    Ja Mata Tosainu Sama.

Kanto Kanrei Member Marshal Murat's Avatar

I can't wait for the interactive to start.
    Last edited by Marshal Murat; 06-28-2007 at 14:37.
    "Nietzsche is dead" - God

"I agree, although I support China I support anyone discovering things for Science and humanity." - lenin96

Re: Pursuit of happiness
    Have you just been dumped?

I ask because it's usually something like that which causes outbursts like this, needless to say I dissagree completely.

Ooops. King Kurt changed as the player of Amako.Also added the rest of the playable clans. When and if these will be filled we will start.There wont be more coming anymore.
    Ja Mata Tosainu Sama.

I'll grab Urakami if you wouldn't mind me joining

Quote Originally Posted by Atalus
    I'll grab Urakami if you wouldn't mind me joining
    Wellcome Atalus! Urakami it is then.
    Ja Mata Tosainu Sama.

Takeda announces that we have managed to bring an end to the war in Shinano, after Uesugi accepted peace.
    Under construction...

Info pm´s sent to all the players signed up so far.There is still 5 slots open so please join up so we get this show started.
    Ja Mata Tosainu Sama.

Ashina Clan has entered in military alliance with mighty Uesugi.May our foes tremble before our combined armies.

Ashina Moriuji ,Daimyo of Ashina Clan
    Last edited by Kagemusha; 06-28-2007 at 21:30.
    Ja Mata Tosainu Sama.

Join the ICLADOLLABOJADALLA! Member IrishArmenian's Avatar

May I take the Date clan?

"Half of your brain is that of a ten year old and the other half is that of a ten year old that chainsmokes and drinks his liver dead!" --Hagop Beegan

Poll Smoker Senior Member CountArach's Avatar

Alright, I'll take Asakura.
    Rest in Peace TosaInu, the Org will be your legacy
    Quote Originally Posted by Leon Blum - For All Mankind
    Nothing established by violence and maintained by force, nothing that degrades humanity and is based on contempt for human personality, can endure.

Quote Originally Posted by King Kurt
    Kagemusha san

Can I humbly request the pleasure of representing the forces of Amako
    (I know the smiley says shame, but it the nearest to a bow!)
    Closest to a bow is a bow:

Page 1 of 54 123451151 ... LastLast