Thread: Loyalty And Generals

Default Loyalty And Generals

I have a question concerning loyalty of generals: the rings are not there anymore, how is the mod affected? In vanilla version there were certainly to many generals rebellion here and there , historically, i suppose, generals rebelled when they thougt they had enough troops and backup to proclaim themselves emperors, which occured in different eras, like in the first century(Vespasian, or ,Constantin in Britain in the fort century, or even Ceasar in Gaul in the first century B.C) Grateful for advise. Also if any of the creators of this mod is still watching this forum, i just want to say you made an Impressive job. Thanks

Default Re: Loyalty And Generals

Quote Originally Posted by tartaruga
    I have a question concerning loyalty of generals: the rings are not there anymore, how is the mod affected? In vanilla version there were certainly to many generals rebellion here and there , historically, i suppose, generals rebelled when they thougt they had enough troops and backup to proclaim themselves emperors, which occured in different eras, like in the first century(Vespasian, or ,Constantin in Britain in the fort century, or even Ceasar in Gaul in the first century B.C)
    In the default campaign, I removed the shadowing effect for two reasons, one, to make the Imperium Constantini playable, and two, though I like the rebellions it can sometimes be too much, I have tried to make the 'slaves' as the shadowing faction but had encountered CTDs w/ this, I would want to try this again, though.
    There is one campaign in the options folder wherein shadowing and rebellions are enabled, try it if u want
    Grateful for advise. Also if any of the creators of this mod is still watching this forum, i just want to say you made an Impressive job. Thanks
    no, thank you for sharing your thoughts
    Ramon Gonzales y Garcia

If we had gone so far, it is because we stand on the shoulders of giants

I think you are right ,the rebellions in vanilla were to much, a rebellion in each an every town was to unrealistic, when the roman commanders did rebellion were talking not about small garrisons but of large contingents of troops, for example the legions on the Rhine, Danube or in britain. This campaign that you mentioned though, which one is that? I do prefer playing as the romans. Thanks for your answer.

look under ibfd/options/CAMPAIGN GAMEPLAY/SHADOWING - SPAWNING ON.

the Ostrogoths will also be unplayable and will be spawned by a revolt of the Huns (something w/c I will be making default for 7.1)

cheers
    Ramon Gonzales y Garcia

If we had gone so far, it is because we stand on the shoulders of giants

I was often pissed about the rebellions in vanilla. Especially when it was your factions own Emperor was turning renegade.