Page 5 of 21 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast

Thread: Imperial Diet IV

Loitering Senior Member AussieGiant's Avatar

Default Re: Imperial Diet IV

The Dread Knight stands immediately upon hearing Hans speak.

The slithering hiss of his sword is clearly heard.

His whispering rasping voice cuts across the chamber causing complete silence;

“Choosse your 'Ssecond' Lord Hanss and make ssure SsHE can fight.”

Arnold raises his hand, causing the Dread Knight to fall still.

Arnold looks towards the Kaiser and calmly states:

“What I think Hans is trying to say my Kaiser, is that he would like a short amnesty against Nobles dueling so we can take this outside and settle our differences.”

Casting his malevolent gaze back on Hans;

“Would that be accurate Hans?”
    Last edited by AussieGiant; 07-21-2007 at 15:39.

Relentless Bughunter Senior Member FactionHeir's Avatar

It would be a sad day if Austria was to lose its Duke a second time in such a short period of time, so unless you insist on taking the matter to the colosseum, I shall remain steadfast on my stance that those barbarians can be driven back at minimal cost to the empire this very year.

In the meantime, if you wish to see blood, I'd ask you to either ride into battle as I suggested, let your brother take up the sword for Austria, or let both our berserker friends duke it out *Hans glances toward Thorsten and Arnold's barbarian retinue.
    Want gunpowder, mongols, and timurids to appear when YOU do?
    Playing on a different timescale and never get to see the new world or just wanting to change your timescale?
    Click here to read the solution
    Annoyed at laggy battles? Check this thread out for your performance needs
    Got low fps during siege battles in particular? This tutorial is for you
    Want to play M2TW as a Vanilla experience minus many annoying bugs? Get VanillaMod Visit the forum Readme
    Need improved and faster 2H animations? Download this! (included in VanillaMod 0.93)

Holding Han's gaze for sometime, Arnold is very still. The Dread Knight Bane and Grom the Berserker are seen talking behind him in hushed tones.

Finally Arnold responds.

Hans,

You're either looking for a death wish or you have some skill about you that I am not aware of.

I'll take your challenge and attack the second army.

At that statement both Bane and Grom cease talking and stare at the back of Arnold's figure. After some moments the Berserker slaps his huge hand on the Dread Knights armoured back and whoops in maniacal glee

"I told you he is insane Bane!!! Lets go!!"

At that moment Arnold and his retinue depart the Diet chamber.
    Last edited by AussieGiant; 07-21-2007 at 16:14.

Ansehelm stands

I'm quite suprised Arnold dares to bring some barbarians to the Diet. Sure where I come from there are more or less only barbarians, but bringing them here? ... they would drink all of Jonas von Mahrens beer.

*A faint smile can be seen on Hans' face as Arnold leaves the diet to march onto the Hungarians*

It seems the young Duke will finally grow to become a strong man.
    Playing on a different timescale and never get to see the new world or just wanting to change your timescale?
    Want to play M2TW as a Vanilla experience minus many annoying bugs? Get VanillaMod Visit the forum Readme
    Need improved and faster 2H animations? Download this! (included in VanillaMod 0.93)

The three figures return covered in gore.

Arnold throws the severed heads of the Hungarian Army leaders onto the Diet floor. Looking at Hans directly Arnold says

It seems there was a small change in plan!!

I still think you're an effeminate sack of Hans so I'd politely ask you never to speak about my father again.

However you seem to have inspired me to further acts of fury.

The Hungarian's are no more, Budapest is safe and the heads of four thousand Hungarian's are on spikes from the city gates to the Hungarian border.

Hopefully that should remind them of their fate should they ever consider trying to take Budapest again.

Without further word Arnold and his retinue depart. The vacant eyes of the three Hungarian army commanders stare at the walls of the Diet Chamber in silence.

...And indeed he has.
    *Hans waves over one of the scribes and starts dictating a letter*

Peter von Kastilien - RIP Member gibsonsg91921's Avatar

STOP!

This is an Imperial Council, not a fight club! Will Count Hans and Duke Arnold both calm down so we can get some work done here?
    The late Emperor Peter von Kastilien the Tyrant, Lamm der Wahrheit.

Join Capo de Tutti Capi II! It's totally amazing!

The departing Dread Knight stops at the words of the young Péter von Kastilien.

Even though his words are spoken from the entrance of the Diet some 50 feet away, his words carry with an unnatural clarity and force across the room.

There'ss been plenty of work done you fool!! Would you like to come and ssee the headss lining the causeway to the Hungarian border?

Makedonios Ksanthopoulos Member Privateerkev's Avatar

An aide in the livery of Jan von Hamburg stands up and points at the departing dread knight

My lord has sent a message to the diet stating that there are real enemies in Outremer and if you wish to prove your manliness, then all of you can hop on a boat and lend a hand. Its easy to swagger around with bodyguards wearing costumes. Try that before the horse lords and watch them laugh before they tear off your heads and play a sport with them. Now can we please get back to business!?

Knight of the Order of St. John
    Duke of Nicosia

You, Dread Knight! Do you think I fear you? In my northern home in Breslau, I have slain bears three times your size. I am certain that battling is going on successfully, but inside these chambers there has been naught but ladies' squabble. And if you choose to fight me, I am a tournament winner and terrible in combat. I would personally teach you a lesson, were there not a better use of my time in the protection of my people. Any female can fight Hungarian barbarians, but the Polish Nobles are at my doorstep and I must protect my people.

Bureaucratically Efficient Senior Member TinCow's Avatar

*Lothar Steffen eyes Hans, Péter von Kastilien, and Bane in an appraising manner. After a few moments of looking them up-and-down, he gestures to his personal clerk.*

If a fight breaks out, place a large wager on the Austrian.

*Lothar places a large and heavy sack of coin in the man's hand. He then looks back a Hans.*

The Mighty...

*He attempts to stiffle a snicker, and fails.*

My cousin is right. We have real enemies to worry about, not overaggressive dread knights, not effete Swabians, nor spoiled and crippled Bavarians. *cough did I just say that?* The French, Poles, Russians, Hungarians, Milanese, Venetians, Danish, and Mongols all want a piece of our empire. We shall prove to them all that with men on our side such as Duke Arnold, Count Hans, Count Lothar, and myself that we cannot and will not forfeit any ground.

Indeed Peter, and this is why, after some nudging, Duke Arnold managed to defeat our mutual foe, the Hungarians, instead of abandoning Budapest to them.
    The need to work together, even if it sometimes requires some nudging, instead of working against each other is what makes our empire strong.

I could not have said it better myself Count Hans the Mighty.

Impressive talk, gentlemen, but I see little in your history or your actions that indicate that you are concerned with anything other than your personal ambitions. Cooperation for the greater good requires far more than simple words. You must be willing to do all that is necessary to see that the Reich is safe and prosperous, regardless of personal cost.

I would lecture you both some more, but I know you are busy. I would not want to keep you from your tireless work bleeding the Reich dry of soldiers.

It is quite interesting that you say that Lothar, as any work to keep the empire safer requires soldiers.
    Also, I believe quite a few of us have shown considerable personal sacrifice to keep the empire safe and prosperous as well as saving as many soldiers' lives as we could and take the blows ourselves instead.

Would you not agree?

I also would not like to dwell much further on this matter and focus on preparations for Outremer instead.
    Last edited by FactionHeir; 07-21-2007 at 19:15.

Chretien Saisset Senior Member OverKnight's Avatar

Matthias looks about the Diet Chamber and sighs.

I congratulate Duke Arnold on his three victories against the Hungarians. Budapest is now truly secure. That is what we should be celebrating.

Instead the tone in this Chamber has become acrimonious. Insults and challenges fly amongst the houses, and victory seems to be less important than who should take credit for it.

"Spoiled and crippled" Bavarians, you say Count Peter? My House has never backed down from a fight. Do not begrudge us the fact that through battle, legislation supporting our alliance with Sicily, and the luck of geography we have carved out a secure spot in the Reich. Yet, we have supported the other houses despite our "Spoiled" position. We have fought Venetians and Hungarians outside our territory, Innsbruck has provided many men to the other houses, and Bavaria has always been a strong supporter of Outremer.
    In fact, that is why Bavaria is currently "crippled", the professional units of the BHA have been dispatched to Austria, to Franconia and to Outremer. I have no objection to this, as long as the losses are eventually made good, but I would not be insulted for our generosity.

Simplistic insults and shows of bravado accomplish nothing, we need to focus on the task at hand, returning the Reich to security and prominence and crushing the threats before us.
    Chretien Saisset, Chevalier in the King of the Franks PBM

Ansehelm stands, looking with anger at Lothar

but I see little in your history or your actions that indicate that you are concerned with anything other than your personal ambitions.
    I must say that I'm insulted by your words Lothar.
    Peter has saved Thorn many times. If I recall correctly about 10 battles have been fought near and about Thorn in the past time. We won most, and most were won by Peter.
    And I will not even start about the Honourable Hans, how do you think he became the best General in the Reich?

You're talking to two of the best generals here, my brother and Hans.

And Matthias, you are not spoiled because you get more attention from the chancellor. It's you Italian Playboy like style we Northerners tend to dislike.

Appearing from the Austrian chambers Arnold takes his Ducal seat in the Diet.

Goddamn it!!!

ENOUGH!

I'd like to point out gentlemen that is was Han's who basically called me a coward!! He did this by casting dispersions of dishonour towards me and stating that I would be abandoning my own house!!

I suggest the von Kastilien house thinks on that before continuing down a dangerous path of name calling towards myself or that of the Steffen household.

It is only myself that need to request satisfaction if I wish it, and might I add, I've still not heard any apology or public attempt at reconciliation from the man at this time.

So!!!

Are we done with all this bollocks!!??

Ansehelm stands

Now listen here, the Von Kastillien family did nothing. My brother said something, I said something.

I suggest we stop the fighting here in the Diet now, if you want to fight I know some nice people who might want to help getting beaten up. This is no place to fight, do it somewhere else.
    Hans is the son of the late Kaiser Henry, surely he meant no harm, and if he did I'm sure it was playing. You're a young man Arnold, don't take anything seriously.

Noble Matthias, I was not referring to the entire of Bavaria, or to the entirety of any other Duchy I mentioned, but rather the individuals I was describing. If you wish to retort to my calling Lothar Steffen spoiled that is another matter, however I did not generalize my attack. I apologize for saying crippled, as that is an insult upon the noble Steffen house and not just your infantile "elder" brother. It is a shame the witch plagued you gentlemen - a blessing that she is gone.
    Last edited by gibsonsg91921; 07-21-2007 at 22:16.

Still warlusting... Member Warluster's Avatar

The Kaiser grips his sword handle, and stands

May I remind all, of those who are fighting, that this is not a courthouse, not a tavern but a place to discuss the dealings of our Empire.

We do not need to spill German blood as well.

Anyone who argues, shall be banned from the DIet, and traced...

The Kaiser sits, and leans back to speak to Dieter, who nods and summons some heavily armed men to the door of the Diet.

Illuminated Moderator Pogo Panic Champion, Graveyard Champion, Missle Attack Champion, Ninja Kid Champion, Pop-Up Killer Champion, Ratman Ralph Champion GeneralHankerchief's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Conrad Salier:

If we, the leaders of the Reich, cannot act like gentlemen and good Christians in the Diet than there is truly no point of keeping up this charade of us being a force to be reckoned with.
    "I'm going to die anyway, and therefore have nothing more to do except deliberately annoy Lemur." -Orb, in the chat
    "Lemur. Even if he's innocent, he's a pain; so kill him." -Ignoramus
    "I'm going to need to collect all of the rants about the guilty lemur, and put them in a pretty box with ponies and pink bows. Then I'm going to sprinkle sparkly magic dust on the box, and kiss it." -Lemur
    Mafia: Promoting peace and love since June 2006

Quote Originally Posted by TosaInu
    At times I read back my own posts [...]. It's not always clear at first glance.

Count Ansehelm is quite correct.
    The exchange of words between myself and Duke Arnold was only meant to suggest that he reconsider giving up Budapest to the Hungarians. As in my own words, if he returned victorious, we would dine once again as brothers - and so he did.

Now, Duke Arnold, I would like you to consult with your retinue, as I certainly had sent you a letter earlier.

And lastly, these matters are resolved, there is no need for further insults. Heed the emperor's words.

Makedonios Ksanthopoulos Member Privateerkev's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AussieGiant
    I'd like to point out gentlemen that is was Han's who basically called me a coward!! He did this by casting dispersions of dishonour towards me and stating that I would be abandoning my own house!!
    Jan's aide stands up

He didn't "basically" call you a coward. He did call you a coward. And how did you respond? By slaughtering thousands of captured prisoners! Pray tell, what exactly is brave about killing men who have already laid down their arms? I suggest you take lessons in bravery from my lord's father who is staring down thousands of horse lords as we speak. That is bravery. That is service. And my lord would tell you so in person if he was not so busy facing real enemies. Now can we Please end this petty bickering and get back to the business of the Reich!?!

The aide sits down and as he does, his robe moves slightly revealing that the aide is fully armored and bears the crest of the Teutonic Order.

Knight of the Order of St. John
    Duke of Nicosia

Arnold:

Gentlemen,

Count Han's has written me a letter explaining the misunderstanding. I would not call it an apology but in his own way there is some explanation for what he said.

I've come to my own opinion on the matter so it is closed.

Looking towards Jan's aid, Arnold continues

And you. Teuton!! I admire the way you essentially call ME a coward and then ask that everyone get back to business.

Why don't you take your pathetic little black and white cross and off back to Outremer where you belong.

Retract your words Sir, or we will begin this whole bloody thing again if I have to!?

Looking towards the Kaiser

My Lord, the man has insulted me. I request he be removed from the Diet.

Arnold sits waiting for further attempts at dishonouring his name.
    Last edited by AussieGiant; 07-23-2007 at 10:53.

Arnold, you have heard what the Kaiser said, I suggest you retract your words, it will be better for you.
    Next to that you insulted the house of Franconia, by attack Jan von Hamburg, something I'm very displeased with.

I believe you once said you wanted to marry the Kaisers daughter, a doubt a young and charming girl like her would like such words as you've just been using.

Take my advice and take some rest, you have been stressed by everything happening to Budapest, take some rest. Go to sleep early this night, or find some fine German girl or something.

I appeal to Kaiser Jobst to reprimand the House of Franconia for continuing to argue and attack the honor of Duke Arnold. The matter was settled and would have been laid to rest were it not for the provocations of Jan von Hamburg.

The House of Franconia did nothing, Lothar. Jan von Hamburg offended Duke Arnold, if anyone were to be punished, it would be him alone.

Page 5 of 21 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast