Page 1 of 21 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: Imperial Diet IV

Senior Member Senior Member econ21's Avatar

Default Imperial Diet IV

[OOC] This thread is for players in the King of the Romans PBM to post in character public deliberations in the Imperial Diet. All out of character debate should be conducted in the OOC thread.

The Diet has two main functions: to elect a Chancellor, who manage the Empire, and to pass Edicts that will direct the Chancellor.

The Diet will be chaired by the Kaiser or the Diet Speaker. The Prinz may deputise if both are unavailable.

Edicts need to be formally proposed as follows:

Edict 11.1This House directs the Chancellor to occupy Hamburg.

where 11.1 refers to the first proposed edict of the eleventh session of the Diet.

Edicts need two seconders (who should explicitly use the word "second" when supporting a motion) before they can be put to the vote. Where edicts conflict, the one with more votes takes precedence.

List of edicts and charter amendments proposed in the Eleventh Diet

Edict 11.1: The Chancellor is ordered to immediately request a Crusade with Jerusalem as the target. Regardless of whether the Crusade is approved or not, at least one full-sized army is to be sent to retake the Holy City of Jerusalem post-haste. After capture, the city is to be immediately given to the Pope.
    Proposed: Conrad Salier
    Seconders: Jan von Hamburg, Anselhelm

Edict 11.3:This Edict will be a complete copy of Edict 10.4
    An expeditionary force will march on Moscow, via Russian - not Polish - provinces (Riga, Novogorod etc). It must engage any enemy field armies it meets along the way, but only besiege Moscow. It will consist of a single stack and will not be reinforced except from locally recruited mercenaries. Moscow will be sacked and abandoned, although no buildings will be destroyed.
    Next to that this Edict will continue through Diet Sessions and even though Moscow might not have been taken by 1280 the crusade will go on till it has been taken.

Proposed: Anselhelm
    Seconded: Duke Arnold, Conrad Salier

Edict 11.4: A suitable bride will be sought out for Duke Arnold to ensure the ancestral house of Austria and the structure of the Reich remain as designed by out forefathers.
    Duke Arnold has the right of refusal on any proposals.

Proposed: Duke Arnold
    Seconded: Anselhelm, Sigismund von Mahren

(Ducal Edict)Edict 11.5: The Hungarian Capital of Bran will be taken by Austrian forces and be lead by a general of House Austria.
    Proposed: Duke Arnold
    Seconded: Karl Zirn, Sigismund von Mahren

Charter Amendment 11.1 (Previously Edict 11.2): The four dukes and King Salier shall meet and discuss the events Siegfried's ascencion to the throne as well as any questions of any legitamacy. Afterwards a vote shall be cast on whether he will be allowed to retain his throne
    Proposed: Friedrich Scherer
    Seconded: Duke Arnold, Gerhard Steffen

Old and out-dated information in spoiler.

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Diet Speaker: Now that the Second Emergency Diet Session has ended, we await the results of the impeachment vote against Chancellor Hummel with bated breadth.

If the Chancellor is impeached, Kaiser Jobst has indicated that he will exercise his royal perogative and become Chancellor in his place.

Regardless of who is Chancellor, the current state of the Reich is recorded in the following scrolls:

http://www.totalwar.org/patrons/pbm/kotr1244.zip

We now return to our normal programme of deliberation and debate...
    Last edited by econ21; 07-26-2007 at 01:12.

Default Re: Imperial Diet IV

A Swabian page runs into the Diet with an ashen expression on his face.

Mein lords, Ulrich Hummel has perished fighting the Turks! It appears that he could not bear the humiliation of impeachment and decided to die fighting.

His son, Wolfgang Hummel, was with him as he charged the Turks. Due to his bravery, the Reich managed to defeat Ulrich's slayers.

The page rushes out of the Diet.

Ekklesia Mafia: - An exciting new mafia game set in ancient Athens - Sign up NOW!
    "Oh, how I wish we could have just one Diet session where the Austrians didn't spend the entire time complaining about something." Fredericus von Hamburg

The Count of Bohemia Senior Member Cecil XIX's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Sigismund von Mahren is stunned. He pauses for a moment, expecting someone to say something. Eventually he rises.

Regardless of how he conducted himself in life, Ulrich Hummel his died an honorable death. No more shall I speak ill of him, for the manner in which a man chooses to end in life speaks for than any single moment in which he lived it. I will join his son Wolfgang in honoring the loss of this servant of the Reich.

I also propose that the Diet observe a moratorium on critiscism of the Count, though I doubt that there are any men here who's words would not be tempered by such an event. Let the Lord be the only one to judge him from here on. Godspeed.

Peter von Kastilien - RIP Member gibsonsg91921's Avatar

I have said many bad things about Ulrich Hummel in this Diet. I have demanded his head, called him a pig, a fool, and a toad's wart. However, his death troubles me deeply and forces me to reconsider his life - he was a powerful man, consumed by ambition. The story of Ulrich Hummel (OOC: iggy - you should write a life's story in the stories thread, it'd be sweet. hummel has the most interesting story of all) is a true tragedy, but I am sure that dying in battle was the death he desired, rather than bearing impeachment on his shoulders for the rest of his long life. It is a true tragedy when one so young must go.
    Last edited by gibsonsg91921; 06-30-2007 at 17:23.
    The late Emperor Peter von Kastilien the Tyrant, Lamm der Wahrheit.

Join Capo de Tutti Capi II! It's totally amazing!

Loitering Senior Member AussieGiant's Avatar

My Kaiser,

I'd like to request that Lord Zirn, be given command of an army in the East. He is a full knight of the Reich and a loyal and patient servent of the empire. As the only representative of Austria in the east I'd like to point out that Lord Zirn has, up until this time, been given command of zero forces and been involved in zero battles.

He is near Wolfgang Hummel and the army being apparently made for him. I find this difficult to understand as the young Hummel is unknighted and therefore unable to lead the Reich's armies into battle at this time.

I would request this is changed as soon as possible Kaiser.

I await your response my Lord.

Duke Arnold.
    Last edited by AussieGiant; 07-02-2007 at 18:38.

Still warlusting... Member Warluster's Avatar

Of course Duke Arnold, my mistake. I shall give full leadership of the Iconicum Offensive Army to Lord Zirn.

I, mourn Ulrich Hummel's death, and understand his actions. As he was a fellow Swabian, I am truly... mourning. I hope no more lords...suicide.

Chretien Saisset Senior Member OverKnight's Avatar

Matthias speaks:

Concerning the troops in Scotland and how to retrieve them, I assume they came with the purchased territories. Unless they are valuable in some way, instead of spending money to retrieve them, we could just disband them, and let the local levies return to their homes.

Sending ships will take time, and this is the best way to remove the troops quickly so as to not offend England.
    Chretien Saisset, Chevalier in the King of the Franks PBM

Matthias looks at some reports and speaks again.

There appears to be a small army of rebels outside the gates of Florence. If I'm not taking ship immediately, I'd be happy to lead the garrison of Florence against them. I believe I am the closest noble not otherwise occupied.

I know I'm not a Knight, but a presence of a Bavarian noble might stiffen the resolve of the four Militia units and allow them to defeat the two units of Italian spearmen and one gaggle of peasants that would oppose us.

It is, of course, the Kaiser's decision.

It saddens me to hear that Ulrich Hümmel escaped the judgement imposed by this Assembly. I hope he has time to consider his deeds in Purgatory and I congratulate our Emperor Jobst on claiming Chancellorship, I have faith that he will manage to restore what Hümmel has destroyed and lead the Empire back on track.
    The lions sing and the hills take flight.
    The moon by day, and the sun by night.
    Blind woman, deaf man, jackdaw fool.
    Let the Lord of Chaos rule.

—chant from a children's game heard in Great Aravalon, the Fourth Age

My Kaiser,

Specific orders for House Austria are to follow soon. Please ensure all tax levels are immediately set to yellow or green levels in the mean time.

Duke Arnold

----------------------
    Walking into the Diet Chamber, Duke Arnold is still clearly in his Field Armour, blood can be seen covering most of his arms and chest. There are numerous tears and indents in his mail and plate.

My Kaiser,

House Austria orders for the next year.

Myself, the AHA and Sigismund are to consolidate and move to join the expelled Budapest garrison. Then siege Budapest until maximum siege equipment is built and attack.

Lord Zirn is to consolidate with the younger Wolfgang Hummel and lead the army begin created to conduct the following action:

Wolfgang Hummel and 3 units of dismounted Knights and 2 catapaults, has moved not far from Adana, where a large army is being trained for Wolfgang, so he can take the settlement of Iconicum

All Austrian holdings must be set to yellow or green taxation levels.

Vienna
    Prague
    Zagreb
    Venice
    Budapest
    Ragusa

Damascus

I would also like to ask how Lord Zirn can be given some permanent force in the East. He has been there since the 2nd Crusade and in my mind should be rewarded for his loyalty and service to the empire. As one of the senior Reich nobles in the east and the ONLY member of House Austria I would request some plan of how you wish to use his services in the future.

Duke Arnold
    Last edited by AussieGiant; 07-05-2007 at 16:54.

Illuminated Moderator Pogo Panic Champion, Graveyard Champion, Missle Attack Champion, Ninja Kid Champion, Pop-Up Killer Champion, Ratman Ralph Champion GeneralHankerchief's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Conrad Salier:

With all due respect, Duke Arnold, I believe the orders you gave for the army in Outremer fall under my jurisdiction.
    Last edited by GeneralHankerchief; 07-03-2007 at 20:12.
    "I'm going to die anyway, and therefore have nothing more to do except deliberately annoy Lemur." -Orb, in the chat
    "Lemur. Even if he's innocent, he's a pain; so kill him." -Ignoramus
    "I'm going to need to collect all of the rants about the guilty lemur, and put them in a pretty box with ponies and pink bows. Then I'm going to sprinkle sparkly magic dust on the box, and kiss it." -Lemur
    Mafia: Promoting peace and love since June 2006

Quote Originally Posted by TosaInu
    At times I read back my own posts [...]. It's not always clear at first glance.

Quote Originally Posted by GeneralHankerchief
    Conrad Salier:

With all due respect, Duke Arnold, I believe the orders you gave for the army in Outremer fall under my jurisdiction.
    Apologies King Salier, it was not my intention to infringe upon your jurisdiction. Perhaps I can contact you directly for further requests, which is all wording was meant to be.

I thought this troop movement was now agreed and was simply repeating it for more clarity regarding Austrian Nobles and units they are leading.

Remember all, King Salier is the one you contact on anything with Outremer.

Matthias, you can not fight those rebels, as your ship shall be arriving soon. If you miss the ship, I'm afraid you have to stay in Italy.

DUke Arnold, if I am mistaken, isn't young Wolfgang Hummel Swabian? If not, someone please correct me.

Mein Kaiser, believe me, my first desire is to finally be on my way to Outremer. I merely proposed facing the rebels if my departure was delayed by other reasons, such as a lack of ships. I thank you for getting me on my way.

I am concerned however that my Father, Duke Gerhard, might not have enough troops to take Caligari on Sardinia. He has five units, including the new Franconian Jens von Kassel (unassigned avatar), and there are rumors (I clicked on the Castle) that there are ten Milanese units there. We don't know the composition, but they must be castle trained. Ulrich Hummel was a fool and his poor plans and execution have ensured the initial failure of both invasions.

Perhaps Markus, Lothar and the Corsica forces should be brought south to assist? Once Caligari is captured, the combined force could move back north to Corsica and hunt down the witch before laying siege to Ajaccio. With Hummel's fumbling, we aren't going to meet the time limit set anyway. At this point I would settle for the competent completion of the Edict.

It is only a suggestion, I will leave the planning to more experienced Electors.

I was under the impression that Duke Gerhad wanted to command the army, with current forces. Though, if it means a Duke is in danger, I shall send forward some more regiments to back them up.

Lothar and Markus have retreated from Corisca because of the witch, and I shall send over, some other friends of mine to finish the job. Of course if Lothar and Markus want to do some hunting, they'll be more then welcome...

Matthias, I must warn you. It is very dangerous route travelling over the seas. As our largest fleet is on a mission somewhere else, we only have a rather small fleet. I'd advise you travel with Hans.

There are a few Turkish Diplomats and the like annoying us, I shall have to send over a suprise...

Quote Originally Posted by Warluster
    Remember all, King Salier is the one you contact on anything with Outremer.

DUke Arnold, if I am mistaken, isn't young Wolfgang Hummel Swabian? If not, someone please correct me.
    King Salier, Kaiser,

My Lords,

I understand your points entirely but please note Lord Zirn is my vassal therefore he is under my command. I'm not sure how that works in Outremer but no Duke in the Reich believes he has lost a noble due to them simply being located in the East.

Likewise Wolfgang Hummel is certainly not Austrian, however he is unknighted and therefore can not lead an units into battle. The comment was simply to ensure there is some understanding.

Duke Arnold
    Last edited by AussieGiant; 07-03-2007 at 23:30.

Illuminated Moderator Pogo Panic Champion, Graveyard Champion, Missle Attack Champion, Ninja Kid Champion, Pop-Up Killer Champion, Ratman Ralph Champion GeneralHankerchief's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Conrad Salier:

I have no doubt that Lord Zirn is your vassal and still under your command. However, as a Crusader Count, your command over him is somewhat limited. You can call him back, certainly, but you do not control his movements. Currently Lord Zirn is leading an Imperial force, and is thus subject to the Kaiser and the Kaiser alone's command.

Remember, the only armies that Dukes (and Kings of Outremer, for that matter) control are the House Armies.

I also question why Iconium is to be taken. I do not recall any Edict calling for its capture. I also know that it will not become part of Outremer, because the Kingdom is complete.
    "I'm going to die anyway, and therefore have nothing more to do except deliberately annoy Lemur." -Orb, in the chat
    "I'm going to need to collect all of the rants about the guilty lemur, and put them in a pretty box with ponies and pink bows. Then I'm going to sprinkle sparkly magic dust on the box, and kiss it." -Lemur

There is an Edict calling for Iconium's capture and to have it granted to the Byzantine Empire, King Salier.

Arnold:

Considering he was not being utilised until I made comment, this whole thing has had the desired effect. At least he is now involved in Outremer which was certainly debateable up until this point.

I certainly also am concerned that Iconium is being targeted for attack. There is no edict authorising this as far as I know. Péter von Kastilien, can you name the edict for clarification?
    Last edited by AussieGiant; 07-03-2007 at 23:56.

Verily, Duke Arnold, 'tis Edict 10.5.

Question Duke Arnold? What question?

I believe Count Peter is right, was that your question. If not, I must've missed it I'm afraid.

Matthias belatedly responds to the Emperor:

Mein Kaiser, a sea passage may be risky, but I will take any route that gets me to Outremer as soon as possible. If it is overland so be it, but if there is a fleet available, I will take it.

Either way I wish to set out as soon as possible, as a Crusader Count, I should be in the Holy Land.

I have, somewhat, bad news about the Invasion of Sardina.

Recently I discovered, there is in fact already a fellow catholic nation siegeing the Settlement on Sardina.

A large Spanish army, with a large Sicillian Army nearby, is already siegeing Caglari. Unless the Spanish retreat, the invasion of Sardina is going to be either postboned or cancelled. Unless we want war with the Spanish.

Matthias speaks again.

If the Spaniards want Sardinia so badly, let them take it. We can't give away what we don't have. We should move on Corsica now, with enough men to sorround and eliminate that witch! Then, and only then, can we put paid to the Milanese.

I wish a great wave would consume both Islands, like Atlantis of old, but we must finish the job ourselves. Sorrounding the witch will be difficult (OOC: Moving men while having to deal with the Castle's zone of control) but it is doable. I doubt any of our priests can succesfully denounce the witch Danae.

Arnold stands to speak

It seems our delays regarding the Milanese have lead to us losing the initiative. If Spain can solve one island then Bavaria can deal with the other.

That witch is going to be a real problem though. I'd be inclined to surround the island with ships and blockade the entire place. Maybe she will die soon?
    Last edited by AussieGiant; 07-05-2007 at 15:56.

Blog Entries

Conrad Salier:

She is rather young, I believe.

The optimal strategy would be to pin her against the hills of Corsica, with the army of course.

Quote Originally Posted by GeneralHankerchief
    Conrad Salier:

She is rather young, I believe.

The optimal strategy would be to pin her against the hills of Corsica, with the army of course.
    Raising his head in startled alarm...Arnold suddenly grins and responds

So let me get this straight King Salier,

Arnold face turns to one of complete innocence before he continues

You're recommending pinning the young witch against the hills in Corsica?

Is this to be done by an entire army, as you mention...or just one individual, such as you my Lord??
    Last edited by AussieGiant; 07-05-2007 at 21:53.

Ansehelm
    Wouldn't it be easier to send in a cardinal or two, surely they should be able to cope with her. Afterall, they are cardinal.

Blog Entries

Conrad Salier:

Duke Arnold, unlike some people, I would never make jokes out of that vulgar subject.

As for sending Cardinals, it is a good idea, but think. The way that piety is mostly raised is through converting heathen populations to Christianity. Now, the place from where our Cardinals would come from is Italy. Not exactly known for its heathen population, is it?

Relentless Bughunter Senior Member FactionHeir's Avatar

I ask you lords to be careful in sending priests to denounce that wretched witch. You may recall that during my chancellorship, the witch Bendis at Adana killed both a priest and a cardinal during their attempts to denounce her until another priest of ours finally burned her at the stake.
    Want gunpowder, mongols, and timurids to appear when YOU do?
    Playing on a different timescale and never get to see the new world or just wanting to change your timescale?
    Click here to read the solution
    Annoyed at laggy battles? Check this thread out for your performance needs
    Got low fps during siege battles in particular? This tutorial is for you
    Want to play M2TW as a Vanilla experience minus many annoying bugs? Get VanillaMod Visit the forum Readme
    Need improved and faster 2H animations? Download this! (included in VanillaMod 0.93)

Page 1 of 21 1234511 ... LastLast