Poll: Best looking faction

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: What do you think is the best looking faction in EB?

Asia ton Barbaron mapper Member Pharnakes's Avatar

Smile What do you think is the best looking faction in EB?

Been meaing to ask this for a while now, so, which faction has the sexiest unit models and skins?

For me it is definatley the Makedonians, those argyraspiadai are just... beautiful, can't belive they going to be changed
    Last edited by Pharnakes; 06-30-2007 at 19:27.
    Asia ton Barbaron The new eastern mod for eb!

Laziest member of the team My red balloons, as red as the blood of he who mentioned Galatians.
    Roma Victor!

Yous ee gishes?

Default Re: What do you think is the best looking faction in EB?

I really like Casses setup. Some of my favorits are the Kluddargos, the Rycalawre and the Calawres. I also like Swebozs units as well as Epeiros and Romes(ofc). Well... I pretty much love em all, but Casse have a speciell place in my heart. :P

I voted Bactria..

It was an hard choice, but who can resist to Baktrioi agema, bodyguards, hipotoxotai and catraphactoi? And the incoming armoured elephants?

But I also love Lusotannan, Romani, Epeiros, Cartage, etc
    Last edited by LusitanianWolf; 07-02-2007 at 21:20.

I voted for Maks , but honestly, they all look great

Voted for Hayasdan love their units :the Nakharars their horse archers
    "I should like to see any power of the world destroy this race, this small tribe of unimportant people, whose history is ended, whose wars have been fought and lost, whose structures have crumbled, whose literature is unread, whose prayers are no longer answered.... For when two of them meet anywhere in the world, see if they will not create a new Armenia!

William Saroyan, 1935.

High kings of the Mountains: A Hayasdan AAR

Thats one of the toughest choices to make. I mean... there are SO many factions and units.

Still, I voted for the Aedui.

I voted for the Koinon Hellanon.

I haven't actually had much experience with most EB factions having only completed campaigns with KH and Casse so far. I am vaguely aware of the gorgeousness of the Lusotannan - but I really grew to love my Greeks.

The Spartan bodyguards (OK I know they are a temporary stop-gap) are the perfect compromise between accuracy and legend.

Traditional hoplites make a much more emotionally satisfying battle line than phalangites. Thorakitai flankers look suitably hard and grizzled. Kretans look every inch the perfect professional archer (the quilted tunic is particularly nice).

Thureophoroi give me that warm fuzzy feeling that my skirmishers can handle anything the enemy can put against them, and still go on to help administer the coup de grace on the flanks.

Even Greek cavalry (the over-arm variety) seem just right for the faction - good, reliable, dependable. Not battle winners - but good enough to mix it with the fancy heavy cavalry of my enemies until infantry can arrive to pitch in - and also good enough to collapse an enemy flank with a rear charge.

In the late game, I can afford the wonderful Epilektoi and the Greek secret weapon - Catapults (OK I can't really afford them - but I have to have some to impress the neighbours).

If only we could have a few more city-specific hoplites then the KH would be perfect.
    Last edited by Juvenal; 06-30-2007 at 21:11.

I go Pahlavi, mainly because all those armored horse archers and Cats....beauty unto itself. The Maks came in a close second though.
    Balloons:
    From gamegeek2 for my awesome AI expansion -
    From machinor for 'splainin -

Elephant Master Member Conqueror's Avatar

Baktrians for me, though it's a tough choise

RTW, 167 BC: Rome expels Greek philosophers after the Lex Fannia law is passed. This bans the effete and nasty Greek practice of 'philosophy' in favour of more manly, properly Roman pursuits that don't involve quite so much thinking.

Celtic Cataphracts!!!! Member The Celt's Avatar

My favorite faction is the Arverni but I have to say ATM the Seleukids are the best looking just cause of how many units they have and all those Oriental color schemes are just dazzling. Too bad they only ever recruit those accursed Pandatopings.
    Achtungaz!!! You vill all zavmit to zeh Svveboz!!!!

Currently rising to power as:

Juvenal: You cant write a speech like that! No will everybody vote KH! :P

Form my is Baktrioi

An Imperfect Follower of Light Member Wolfman's Avatar

a tough choice but i must say the Casse. I have a fondness for them since they were the first faction I played in EB (7.4) plus I like building my empires Isolated from the rest of the world. Other factions I like are the Saba, Baktria, Hai, Lusotannan, Getai, Carthage, Pontus, KH, Sweboz, Saka, & Rome.
    Last edited by Wolfman; 07-01-2007 at 01:47.
    Tales of Gods and Kings - An Arverni AAR-DEAD
    https://forums.totalwar.org/vb/showth...82#post1930882
    A People of the Mist - Casse AAR-ALIVE!!!!
    https://forums.totalwar.org/vb/showth...Mist-Casse-AAR

I have to vote SPQR just because their allied units look so cool.

I really liked the latest Lusotannan and Getai units, but at the same time I've always been a fan of the Baktrian look. Given that it's a one-vote poll I went with the Lusotannan, though. This mod just brings that faction brilliantly to life, and captures the feel of the faction perfectly imho.
    When Adam delved and Eve span, Who was then the gentleman? From the beginning all men by nature were created alike, and our bondage or servitude came in by the unjust oppression of naughty men. For if God would have had any bondsmen from the beginning, he would have appointed who should be bound, and who free. And therefore I exhort you to consider that now the time is come, appointed to us by God, in which ye may (if ye will) cast off the yoke of bondage, and recover liberty. - John Ball

The Aspiring God Of War Member Lysander13's Avatar
    Leading the assault against the Gods at Mount Olympos itself.

Make it the Maks for me with the KH a close second. Really though all the units and factions in this mod are outstanding.

I agree they all look awesome but got to give it up my boys in italy SPQR! Though the epirotes would be if I didn t love playing as the romani so much

Romani are the best in EB. Three reforms, though units, and likely to dominate the hole continent. Praise be Jupiter Maximus.

Cheers.

Going to the land where men walk without footprints.

I voted Epeiros, I just love their Chaemion and Molosson Agema.

I've only played as the KH, but voted for the getai. They have a distinctive look i think and used to field good armies instead of the hordes of mercenarys the romans did. I like the look of their phalanx units.

Well the Macedonians rock..!!!

"Alexander came by the statue of his father and spoke loud: `Youths of the Pellaians and of the Macedonians and of the Hellenic Amphictiony and of the Lakedaimonians and of the Corinthians... and of all the Hellenic peoples, join your fellow-soldiers and entrust yourselves to me, so that we can move against the barbarians and liberate ourselves from the Persian bondage, for AS Hellenes WE should not be slaves to barbarians."

My vote for Baktria has a lot to do with the way the faction units look, the regional indians (closes to baktria's faction), and also with the way it feels to play them - I like the eastgreek GUI most of all and love playing with it. Get some extra added early/simple Indian rajas playing in the background and it's my favorite faction to look at while playing (though not necessarily my favorite faction to play - as not having any southern or eastern enemies sort of makes it a little less fun for me).

Asia ton Barbaron mapper Member Pharnakes's Avatar

Smile Re: What do you think is the best looking faction in EB?

Quote Originally Posted by Teleklos Archelaou
    (though not necessarily my favorite faction to play - as not having any southern or eastern enemies sort of makes it a little less fun for me).
    How can you play Baktria and not have an eastern enemies?
    Asia ton Barbaron The new eastern mod for eb!

Laziest member of the team My red balloons, as red as the blood of he who mentioned Galatians.
    Roma Victor!

Yous ee gishes?

I voted Qarthadastim, but I am surprised how many voted for Rome. I think the Roman skins are not good compared to RTR. This is just preference as they play better than RTR with the extra reforms.

Also:
    Quote Originally Posted by Pharnakes
    How can you play Baktria and not have an eastern enemies?
    I think he meant that there was the edge of the map to his east, as opposed to no eastern cultures. If you follow my drift.
    Do you find something funny with the name Biggus Dickus?

in the EB PBeM

Marzbân-î Jundîshâpûr Member The Persian Cataphract's Avatar

Having the privilege of seeing some stuff cooking for the Pahlavân, their lovely spectrum of cavalry can be quite mesmerizing. It wasn't easy to pick, especially with Baktria which is gorgeous... This was very much a personal choice. Baktria is "Wow... That looks great!" while Pahlava is more to me like "Yeah... That looks just right...".

"Fortunate is every man who in purity and truth recognizes valiance and prevents it from becoming bravado" - Âriôbarzanes of the Sûrên-Pahlavân

Megas Alexandros's heir Member Spoofa's Avatar

since when does macedonia get argyraspiadai?

fancy assault unit Member blank's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MastaSpoofa
    since when does macedonia get argyraspiadai?
    It's a new uber assault unit. They're basically an elite infantry unit armed with two-handed war scythes. They are mostly comprised of Alexander's secret heirs and defected Roman praetorians. They will be accompanied by war bulls (from Iberia, they have armor blankets and reinforcements on their horns).

As for my preference, i like soldiers with long skirts for some reason, so i guess the Sabae are my fav. Sweboz and Macedon are right behind 'em.
    Quote Originally Posted by Skullheadhq View Post
    Now I can even store my dick in EB underwear

Wink Re: What do you think is the best looking faction in EB?

this was a hard choice between KH Getai Baktria casse arverni(cuz i favor them over aedui any day) and Lusotana

the ones i personly wouldnt choose were the romani the selucids(even though i love to play them) ptolmaioi and aedui(just cuz arverni always go above them)

but in the end i went with...

...KH

I'm sorry, but I simply can't decide! They're all so pretty! Is there a "everything" option?
    Currently Playing as:

If you like EB, you'll love:
    https://www.ancient-warfare.com/cms/

Handler of candles Member Xehh II's Avatar

I vote KH because I just like the Hoplites.
    A ha ha! Rainbows and unicorns! Rainbows and unicorns!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast