Thread: Anyone elses towers/ladders just stopping at walls?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Anyone elses towers/ladders just stopping at walls?

Hi all,

I'm running 1.2 and I'm finding that sometimes, just as a siege tower or ladder reaches a wall, the unit abandons it and run for the nearest siege tower/ladder that has connected just before it did and wait to go up it.

It's quite frustrating as I have to get the unit to re-equip the siege tower/ladder, and return to the wall.

I had a look at the 1.2 bugfixes and noticed that this kind of issue was not mentioned... or did I just miss it?

king of my kingdom Member DVX BELLORVM's Avatar

Default Re: Anyone elses towers/ladders just stopping at walls?

Once or twice I saw my tower reaching the walls, then being pushed along the city walls, and when it was almost against the walls, the troops abandoned it. They didn't run anywhere, though, just stood in front of it.
    I assumed it was due to the poor pathfinding.

Village special needs person Member Kobal2fr's Avatar

@OP : yup, I've seen it as well, mostly with ladders (but that may be because I often use towers well spaced, and ladders close to each other). My guess is that when they stop to lay the ladders/go up the tower they check one last time if there really isn't any way to move where they were ordered to "faster", and there is : the ladders right next to them.

It's usually no trouble though. As you say, if you order them to man their own bloody tower, they do so, and the problem doesn't arise at all if you don't put two siege engines on adjacent bits of walls at the exact same time.
    Anything wrong ? Blame it on me. I'm the French.

Thanks guys!

I will spread them out so that they're not on adjacent wall sections and see how that goes instead...