Thread: Shogun:TW Throneroom + in-game crash

Default Shogun:TW Throneroom + in-game crash

Hello,

I recently bought S: TW and I was very excited about playing. The installation and all went well. I first played the tutorials in which the game occasionally would crash. Then I went on with the single player campaign. In the single player campaign, when I enter the throne room, at first there is no problem. Then the man on the left starts speaking to me. After that the game crashes, it returns to desktop and I get an error notice with a code which always starts with 0x00...
    I'm running on Windows XP and have tried several suggested sollutions from the forum.
    I renamed a file from the Nero folder, which is known to conflict with the game, I have made Windows Media Player my default player for .mp3, .wav and. mpg-files. I also tried to run the game in Windows 98 compatibility mode. All where futile.
    I hope someone can help me.

Default Re: Shogun:TW Throneroom + in-game crash

Here is the error I wrote about above (I run a Dutch version of Windows so I translated it to English):

The instruction on 0x00621c3a refers to the memory on 0x04eb4000. The read or write operation (“written”) on the memory has failed.

Click on OK to terminate the program.
    Click on Cancel to find errors in the program.

Toh-GAH-koo-reh Member Togakure's Avatar

If you can live without the Throne Room cut scene, you can disable it in Options. That's what I did when I was using a computer that crashed each time the Throne Room was invoked.

As far as fixing it goes, I don't know, but this topic has been discussed a lot in the past, either in this forum or in the main Shogun forum. Try searching on "Throne Room" and see what you find, if you haven't already.

Edit: I see that you've already tried many of the suggestions. Hmm ... don't know what else to say, except playing with the Throne Room disabled.
    Last edited by Togakure; 07-01-2007 at 16:25.
    Be intent on loyalty
    While others aspire to perform meritorious services
    Concentrate on purity of intent
    While those around you are beset by egoism

misc kanryodo

Yes i have done so, but there is also the problem that the game crashes in-game, mostly when ending a turn. I get the same error as the one I get with the Throne room. Has nobody encountered and solved the same problem?

Post Re: Shogun:TW Throneroom + in-game crash

Hi and welcome,
    Perhaps this thread could help you. Good luck, cheers!
    Dawn is nature's way of telling you to go back to bed

I had already read that one, but the thing is that I don't get the same error as the person in the thread. There is nothing about a debugger or something like that in the error. I posted the error above, I'll post it here again:

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    The instruction on 0x00621c3a refers to the memory on 0x04eb4000. The read or write operation ("written") on the memory has failed.

Click on OK to terminate the program.
    Click on Cancel to find errors in the program.

Thanks anyway for trying to help. I also posted about this problem on www.totalwarforums.com but the peope over there don't even bother.

I accidentally 'Spoiler alerted' the error message. It's not a spoiler, you can just read it.

warning- plot loss in progress Senior Member barocca's Avatar
    (*disclaimer* - reality may or may not exist, in some societies reality is a crime, punishable by life)

actually that error looks like a ram failure
    The winds that blows -
    ask them, which leaf on the tree
    will be next to go.