Thread: ALtering factions start cities

Default ALtering factions start cities

Hi all,

I was wondering if someone could tell me how to change the cities with which a particular faction begins? I've tred copying the relevant lines in decr start plus altering the 'built by' line and the charcter positions / units but the campaign dumps me back in the Single Player selection menu.

Anyone got a list of things to alter to achieve this? My aim was to give England posession of the Sicilian Norman territories at the outset

Harbinger of... saliva Member alpaca's Avatar

Default Re: ALtering factions start cities

Moved to modding questions.

In fact, editing the descr_strat is the way to go. Check for buildings that aren't available for England and make sure that Sicily retains at least one settlement or is set like the Mongols to spawn on event.

Cheers, Alpaca

I've managed to give myself Angiers and Naples and Palermo. The game loads OK and Siciliy immediately becomes a destroyed faction. However, I cannot then move troops in to Angiers or Palermo as I simply get the 'Cannot be done, Sir' response. I can do everything else within the city, though, so they do actually belong to me.

In Naples I changed the starting co-ordinates for a family member so they begin in the city and I don't get this problem unit movement problem (they can enter and exit). Can anyone explain why this might be or give me the map co-ordinates for Angiers and Palermo so I can move troops there from the outset?

Harbinger of... saliva Member alpaca's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Marchicus
    Cheers, Alpaca

I've managed to give myself Angiers and Naples and Palermo. The game loads OK and Siciliy immediately becomes a destroyed faction. However, I cannot then move troops in to Angiers or Palermo as I simply get the 'Cannot be done, Sir' response. I can do everything else within the city, though, so they do actually belong to me.

In Naples I changed the starting co-ordinates for a family member so they begin in the city and I don't get this problem unit movement problem (they can enter and exit). Can anyone explain why this might be or give me the map co-ordinates for Angiers and Palermo so I can move troops there from the outset?
    You have to remove Sicily from descr_strat proper.
    Delete all their armies and give them the "spawned_on_event" line like it's done with the Mongols. That should solve your problem.