Thread: Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion

Host Member Maeda Path Champion, Arkanoid Champion, 3D SuperBall Champion, Simon Champion, Disc Dash Champion, Breakout Champion Zain's Avatar

Default Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion

Noticed this hasn't been much discussed, in which I am confused because it is just such an awesome game. Does anyone else play?

Liar and Trickster Senior Member Andres's Avatar

Default Re: Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion

Andres is our Lord and Master and could strike us down with thunderbolts or beer cans at any time. ~Askthepizzaguy

Ja mata, TosaInu

Lesbian Rebel Member Mikeus Caesar's Avatar

Nah, let the boy have his thread. Let the old Oblivion thread die peacefully. After all, it is one of the largest threads in the arena, and has been dead for a while.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ranika
    I'm being assailed by a mental midget of ironically epic proportions. Quick as frozen molasses, this one. Sharp as a melted marble. It's disturbing. I've had conversations with a braying mule with more coherence.

Senior Member Senior Member naut's Avatar

Yep, spent way too much time on it too.
    #Hillary4prism

BD:TW

Some piously affirm: "The truth is such and such. I know! I see!"
    And hold that everything depends upon having the “right” religion.
    But when one really knows, one has no need of religion. - Mahavyuha Sutra

Freedom necessarily involves risk. - Alan Watts

My God, I haven't seen Zain in a long time.

zombologist Senior Member doc_bean's Avatar

I'm still resisting !

Welcome back Zain
    Yes, Iraq is peaceful. Go to sleep now. - Adrian II

Thread killer Member Rodion Romanovich's Avatar

I played Oblivion a lot, and in total I liked the game, although the many points of criticism I have could make it sound like I hated it. My primary concern was the stiff combat, and the too weak gravity force when jumping, my secondary concern was the lack of more artistic, dramaturgic planning and a darker, more intense atmosphere. The fact that I had travelled to all the cities in the game within the first 5 hours of gameplay or so ruined a bit of the exploration aspects a bit, and I think a gradual travel to new areas unlocking along the way, with increasingly dark and intense atmosphere, would have given an excellent climactic feeling I felt the game lacked.
    Under construction...

"In countries like Iran, Saudi Arabia and Norway, there is no separation of church and state." - HoreTore

Insomniac and tired of it Senior Member Slyspy's Avatar

Got bored wandering around the Unimaginative Fantasy Stereotype Theme Park ages ago.

Edit:

Now With Annoyingly Bad and Repetitive Voice Acting!
    Last edited by Slyspy; 07-02-2007 at 23:43.
    "Put 'em in blue coats, put 'em in red coats, the bastards will run all the same!"

"The English are a strange people....They came here in the morning, looked at the wall, walked over it, killed the garrison and returned to breakfast. What can withstand them?"

Master Procrastinator Member TevashSzat's Avatar

I got bored of Oblivion a while ago, but have started playing again. I really recommend getting the Imperial Thievery Mod, Midas Spells Mod, White Tower Mod, and Servant of the Dawn.

Imperial Thievery adds new quests where you steal stuff in the Imperial City (kinda obvious right?) Servant of the Dawn adds the Mythic Dawn as a new faction with a complete faction quest line that takes place after the main quests. These 2 alone add a ton of content.

Midas is awesome since you get tons of new spells and spell effects.

White Tower is great because you get a very awesome home for free (just need to kill a demon or two) and outclasses any of the vanilla homes and most of the player created ones.
    "I do not know what I may appear to the world; but to myself I seem to have been only like a boy playing on the seashore, and diverting myself in now and then finding a smoother pebble or a prettier shell than ordinary, whilst the great ocean of truth lay all undiscovered before me." - Issac Newton

Bureaucratically Efficient Senior Member TinCow's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Slyspy
    Got bored wandering around the Unimaginative Fantasy Stereotype Theme Park ages ago.

Edit:

Now With Annoyingly Bad and Repetitive Voice Acting!
    Oblivion is just Fallout 3 with swords.

Robot Unicorn Member Kekvit Irae's Avatar

Oblivion is only fun when played on the PC, where you can download hundreds of mods to enhance gameplay and enjoyment. The 360 version? Nothing but the official add-ons.

Ricardus Insanusaum Member Bob the Insane's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TinCow
    Oblivion is just Fallout 3 with swords.
    While I understand the irony I would say a little more seriously that with a little luck Fallout 3 will be Oblivion (but with all the sucky bits fixed) with guns...

Still not much help if you if you where looking for 2D isometeric view however...

I really must fire up the PC version of Oblivion again and try some mods, it was so good at first and then i got so bored just wandering around and the respawning bandits with glass armour and advanced weapons just annoyed the heck out of me...

Bureaucratically Efficient Senior Member TinCow's Avatar

Sorry, a friend said that to me as a joke over the weekend and I've been looking for an excuse to repeat it. It was actually in reference to Elder Scrolls 5, but it worked well enough for Oblivion.