Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: 2008 Presidential Election: The Mini-Mafia [Concluded]

Illuminated Moderator Pogo Panic Champion, Graveyard Champion, Missle Attack Champion, Ninja Kid Champion, Pop-Up Killer Champion, Ratman Ralph Champion GeneralHankerchief's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Default 2008 Presidential Election: The Mini-Mafia [Concluded]

2008 Presidential Election: The Mini-Mafia

(note: It is recommended, but not required, that players have at least a passing knowledge of the 2008 United States presidential election. Also, please read the rules before joining.)

Welcome, one and all, to the world of American Politics! This mini-mafia will try to simulate the upcoming Presidential Election by changing the rules a bit.

- First of all, nobody dies. People can lose their special powers or they simply won't be able to have the opportunity to win, but everybody votes in every voting round.

- There will be 11 players, split into two major categories: Politicians and non-Politicians. The Politicians will be further split into two subcategories: Democrats and Republicans. It is the goal of every Politician to win the election and become President. Non-Politicians' goals vary.

Stage 1

- Each night phase, the politicians will PM me with the choice of the player they wish to "discredit" - i.e. remove from the Presidential race in a not-so-friendly way. The person with the most PM votes is removed from the race, with an accompanying story about the scandal that did them in.

- Each day phase, everybody, including the Politicians, vote on who they think engineered this scandal (voters are cynical, you see, and want a trustworthy President in office above all else). The person with the most votes is hereby out of the race.

- This continues until there is one Democrat and one Republican left in the race. Therefore, if there is one Republican left and three Democrats, you cannot discredit/vote against that Republican; you must target the Democrats.

Stage 2

- Once we've narrowed down our Presidential candidates, it's time for the General Election stage. Each night, both Politicians will target separate non-Politicians and eliminate their special power by destroying their credibility. If this happens, the non-Politicians lose their power and become a normal Voter.

- Then, everybody votes on the "cleanest" candidate up to that point. That candidate will receive one "point", which comes in handy later.

- Later, rinse, repeat until there are two Politicians and one non-Politician remaining.

Election Day

- Everybody votes for the candidate they want to win the Election. Each vote counts for one "point" with the other ones from previous votes being added on. The person with the most "points" wins the Election!

Roles

Politicians:
    1. Hillary Clinton (Democrat)
    2. Barack Obama (Democrat)
    3. John Edwards (Democrat)
    4. Mitt Romney (Republican)
    5. Rudy Giuliani (Republican)
    6. Fred Thompson (Republican)

Non-Politicians:
    7. Nosy Reporter
    8. Minority Voter
    9. Sleaze Merchant
    10. Campaign Consultant
    11. ***secret role***

The Nosy Reporter is essentially this game's Detective. Each night he chooses a Politician to follow and gets the scoop on what that Politician that night. If he catches the Politician doing something dirty then he is encouraged to reveal. The Nosy Reporter wins (along with the President) if he plays a significant role in the Election, and also if he survives with his career intact (i.e. not discredited).

The Minority Voter has no powers, but if a Politican discredits them it backfires and they are labelled as racist. A Minority Voter wins (along with the President) if the guy who discredits him loses.

The Sleaze Merchant works along with one Politician of his choice. He can identify roles of Non-Politicians and point them out to the Politician, thereby aiding in the selective process of who to discredit in Stage 2. He must align with a politician by the second night phase. I must receive confirmation from both the Sleaze Merchant and the politician he aligns with. The Sleaze Merchant wins if the Politician he is aligned with wins.

The Campaign Consultant's role is similar to the Sleaze Merchant. He aligns with one Politician of his choice and blocks any hostile night action. If it is an attempt at discrediting him during Stage One, the Campaign Consultant will make it backfire and the person doing the discrediting will drop out of the race instead. He must align with a politician by the second night phase. I must receive confirmation from both the Campaign Consultant and the politician he aligns with. The Campaign Consultant wins if the Politician he is aligned with wins.

The secret role's powers and goals are secret.

Rules

- 11 players.

- PMing between Politicians is encouraged. There will be no PMing taking place between non-Politicians and Politicians, or between non-Politicians and other non-Politicians unless it is between the Sleaze Merchant/Campaign Consultant and their allied Politician.

- Everyone knows who is playing which Politician. Nobody knows who is playing which Non-Politician.

- Everyone is allowed to vote in every round, even if you have been discredited.

- Please ask questions if you are confused. This all sounds good in my head but you guys might not know what the I'm talking about here. Thanks!

Signed up: (11 out of 11)
    Ichigo
    greaterkhaan
    CountArach
    pevergreen
    Omanes Alexandrapolites
    Warmaster Horus
    Stig
    sapi
    Caius Flaminius
    Crazed Rabbit
    Xdeathfire
    Last edited by GeneralHankerchief; 07-04-2007 at 17:56.
    "I'm going to die anyway, and therefore have nothing more to do except deliberately annoy Lemur." -Orb, in the chat
    "Lemur. Even if he's innocent, he's a pain; so kill him." -Ignoramus
    "I'm going to need to collect all of the rants about the guilty lemur, and put them in a pretty box with ponies and pink bows. Then I'm going to sprinkle sparkly magic dust on the box, and kiss it." -Lemur
    Mafia: Promoting peace and love since June 2006

Quote Originally Posted by TosaInu
    At times I read back my own posts [...]. It's not always clear at first glance.

Senior Member Senior Member Yeti Sports 1.5 Champion, Snowboard Slalom Champion, Monkey Jump Champion, Mosquito Kill Champion Csargo's Avatar

Default Re: 2008 Presidential Election: The Mini-Mafia

Quote Originally Posted by Sooh View Post
    I wonder if I can make Csargo cry harder by doing everyone but his ISO.

Spirit King Senior Member seireikhaan's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Looks interesting, I'm in.
    It is better to conquer yourself than to win a thousand battles. Then, the victory is yours. It cannot be taken from you, not by angels or by demons, heaven or hell.

Poll Smoker Senior Member CountArach's Avatar

Hahaha! I was going to make a Political Mafia, but it looks like you beat me too it.

I am so in.

Just don't make me a Republican...
    Rest in Peace TosaInu, the Org will be your legacy
    Quote Originally Posted by Leon Blum - For All Mankind
    Nothing established by violence and maintained by force, nothing that degrades humanity and is based on contempt for human personality, can endure.

the G-Diffuser Senior Member pevergreen's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Go me! Yayin
    The org will be org until everyone calls it a day.

Quote Originally Posted by KukriKhan View Post
    but I joke. Some of my best friends are Vietnamese villages.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lemur
    Anyone who wishes to refer to me as peverlemur is free to do so.

Post Re: 2008 Presidential Election: The Mini-Mafia

In!
    Dawn is nature's way of telling you to go back to bed

Just your average Senior Member Warmaster Horus's Avatar
    Besancon, France: a stepping stone to greatness. I hope.

In. I'll read all that some other time...

I think Caius (Garcilaso) requested "in" for this.
    The Throne Room: "Less a forum, more a way of life." Econ21
    Don't hesitate to visit the Mead Hall! A little more reading, a little less shouting, please.
    Join the latest greatest installement of mafia games: Capo di Tutti Capi!
    Check out the Gahzette!
    By the by, are you interested in helping out the Gahzette? Think you could be a writer, reporting on the TW or Org community? Then check the Gahzette Thread or drop me a PM!

Back.

in in in

Looks great - in
    From wise men, O Lord, protect us -anon
    The death of one man is a tragedy; the death of millions, a statistic -Stalin
    We can categorically state that we have not released man-eating badgers into the area -UK military spokesman Major Mike Shearer

Illuminated Moderator Pogo Panic Champion, Graveyard Champion, Missle Attack Champion, Ninja Kid Champion, Pop-Up Killer Champion, Ratman Ralph Champion GeneralHankerchief's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Warmaster Horus
    In. I'll read all that some other time...

I think Caius (Garcilaso) requested "in" for this.
    Quote Originally Posted by The rules
    Also, please read the rules before joining.

Also, if Caius wants in I want him to post in this thread.
    "I'm going to die anyway, and therefore have nothing more to do except deliberately annoy Lemur." -Orb, in the chat
    "I'm going to need to collect all of the rants about the guilty lemur, and put them in a pretty box with ponies and pink bows. Then I'm going to sprinkle sparkly magic dust on the box, and kiss it." -Lemur

I just read the rules... neat!

Talk about original...
    Don't hesitate to visit the Mead Hall! A little more reading, a little less shouting, please.
    Check out the Gahzette!
    By the by, are you interested in helping out the Gahzette? Think you could be a writer, reporting on the TW or Org community? Then check the Gahzette Thread or drop me a PM!

Back.

Honorary Argentinian Senior Member Gyroball Champion, Karts Champion Caius's Avatar

Also, if Caius wants in I want him to post in this thread.
    Your wish is my command

/in!

I will annoy you later

Names, secret names
    But never in my favour
    But when all is said and done
    It's you I love

Blog Entries

I need two more. Come on, Backroom regs! Where are you?

Arena Senior Member Crazed Rabbit's Avatar
    Blog Entries

/in
    /hopes for Fred Thompson

CR
    Ja Mata, Tosa.

The poorest man may in his cottage bid defiance to all the forces of the Crown. It may be frail; its roof may shake; the wind may blow through it; the storm may enter; the rain may enter; but the King of England cannot enter – all his force dares not cross the threshold of the ruined tenement! - William Pitt the Elder

Master Procrastinator Member TevashSzat's Avatar

I'll join I guess
    "I do not know what I may appear to the world; but to myself I seem to have been only like a boy playing on the seashore, and diverting myself in now and then finding a smoother pebble or a prettier shell than ordinary, whilst the great ocean of truth lay all undiscovered before me." - Issac Newton

Blog Entries

Excellent, we have 11. Give me some time to write out all of the PMs. I'll post back once that task is completed.

Starts tonight, then?
    Check out the Gahzette!

Back.

Blog Entries

The night phase will begin tonight GMT, yes.

Blog Entries

First night phase has begun. It will last roughly 24 hours. I need PMs.

Democrats:
    Hillary Clinton (Ichigo)
    Barack Obama (sapi)
    John Edwards (CountArach)

Republicans:
    Rudy Giuliani (Stig)
    Mitt Romney (Caius Flaminius)
    Fred Thompson (greaterkhaan)

Non-Politicians:
    pevergreen
    Omanes Alexandrapolites
    Warmaster Horus
    Crazed Rabbit
    Xdeathfire
    Last edited by GeneralHankerchief; 07-04-2007 at 20:00. Reason: spelling

Senior Member Senior Member Yeti Sports 1.5 Champion, Snowboard Slalom Champion, Monkey Jump Champion, Mosquito Kill Champion Csargo's Avatar

BOW TO ME OR I WILL EAT YOU! BWHAHAHAHAHAHAHA I AM THE ICE QUEEN!!!

you do realize I'm from Texas right? If SFTS sees me I'll be the laughing stock of the entire state. :/
    Last edited by Csargo; 07-04-2007 at 19:55.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sooh View Post
    I wonder if I can make Csargo cry harder by doing everyone but his ISO.

Blog Entries

*sigs quote*

Also, I may slightly extend the night session since I'm sure some deals are going to be made and such.

And he made me a republican

Old Town Road Senior Member Strike For The South's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ichigo
    BOW TO ME OR I WILL EAT YOU! BWHAHAHAHAHAHAHA I AM THE ICE QUEEN!!!

you do realize I'm from Texas right? If SFTS sees me I'll be the laughing stock of the entire state. :/
    Your going to get it in the neck
    There, but for the grace of God, goes John Bradford

My aim, then, was to whip the rebels, to humble their pride, to follow them to their inmost recesses, and make them fear and dread us. Fear is the beginning of wisdom.

I am tired and sick of war. Its glory is all moonshine. It is only those who have neither fired a shot nor heard the shrieks and groans of the wounded who cry aloud for blood, for vengeance, for desolation.

Yeah! John Edwards is who I would be supporting if I were American!
    Nothing established by violence and maintained by force, nothing that degrades humanity and is based on contempt for human personality, can endure.

TexMec Senior Member Louis VI the Fat's Avatar

Gah! This game looks fun, I'm too late!

Quote Originally Posted by Strike For The South
    Your going to get it in the neck
    Strike, what are you doing here? You're not playing. Did you write an algorythm that checks the .org for 'Texas' or something?

But I'll leave you all to it now and return to my own game. Oh:

Vote: Hillary.
    Anything unrelated to elephants is irrelephant
    Texan by birth, woodpecker by the grace of God
    I would be the voice of your conscience if you had one - Brenus
    Bt why woulf we uy lsn'y Staraft - Fragony
    Not everything
    blue and underlined is a link

Blog Entries

I'll keep you in mind if someone becomes inactive.

Last edited by sapi; 07-06-2007 at 03:50.
    From wise men, O Lord, protect us -anon
    The death of one man is a tragedy; the death of millions, a statistic -Stalin
    We can categorically state that we have not released man-eating badgers into the area -UK military spokesman Major Mike Shearer

Night phase sapi...

Digging your grave again?
    Check out the Gahzette!

Back.

lol, quite probably.

Though, naturally as Edwards, I feel I am the one most people would hate. Therefore I reckon I'm-a-dying tonight.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast